Chapter 34: Disguises

"No, I said no, Desiree." I muttered as I strode into the Grill, covered in dark colors, reflecting my mood. "What have you got to lose?" She asked as I sat in a booth. She sat across from me. "Oh, I don't know. Mental stability perhaps?" There was absolutely no way I was letting her talk me into going on a date with Raphael. I put my head in my hands and saw Stefan waving to me. I waved back. "Look, Desiree, I have got to go. I am not going on a date with the prick because I am dating Klaus, okay? Goodbye." I rose up and saw her gaping after me.

"Hey, Stef, what's up?" He was uncharacteristically at the bar with no Damon in sight. "What's she want?" He pointed to where Desiree had been but was now nowhere to be seen. I shrugged. "Tried to get me to go out with my ex. Have you seen Elena?" He shook his head stiffly. I sighed and glanced at the glass full of what looked like whiskey in his hand. "Since when do you drink?" He shrugged. "Since I found out something. I'll tell you later." He finished the glass, set a twenty dollar bill on the table, and left. Well, okay then, I thought.

My phone started ringing, Elena's picture lighting up. "Hey, El. I've been looking for you."

"Have you seen Stefan?"

"Uh, yeah. He was  just at the Grill." I heard her talking to someone else.

"Can you meet me at the Boarding House?"

"Uh, sure. Is everything all right?"

"Yep, peachy! See you then!" I frowned. I guess  I am going to the Boarding House.

*skip car ride*

I stepped into the parlor where I saw Elena, Stefan, although he was wearing different clothes than a few minutes before, Rebekah, Klaus, Damon, Caroline, and Bonnie. I guess the whole gang is here, I mused. "I'm late, sorry," a voice behind me panted, a very familiar voice. "Qetsiyah." I stated. She nodded and passed me. "Anyone want to tell me what is going on here?"

"Well, its a bit hard to explain-" Elena started to say when Rebekah cut her off, flashing her an apologetic smile.

"Or it is very easy. You said you saw Stefan at the Grill a few minutes ago?" I nodded. 'That wasn't me?" Stefan stated. I furrowed my brow. "Well, then, who-" Qetsiyah interrupted, saying,"That was Silas." She started taking out her grimoir and flipping through the pages. "Death reincarnated had a two minute conversation with me?" I asked incredulously.

"Um, sweetheart, that's me," Klaus piped up. 

"Not now, Nik," I snapped, deciding to sit on the couch with Bonnie. "Did you ever find that loophole?" I asked her. She frowned and shook her head. "I went back to talk to the spirits this morning, but there's nothing they can do." I sighed when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. It was a message from Katherine.

To: Dessie

From: Kat(:

Had to leave town. Sorry for no goodbye. Love you!

P.S. Look in your purse. There's a folder you should see.

xx,

Kat

I frowned before putting my purse onto my lap and digging a yellow manila folder from the bottom. Rebekah sat on my other side. "What's that?' I shrugged before opening it. There was a file on three people. Desiree, Acassia, and Raphael. My phone vibrated again. I looked at the text.

To: Dessie

From: Kat(:

You should know that I researched Acassia. She was lying. She isn't your sister and has been gathering information on you and everyone in Mystic Falls. She works for one of the other two people in the folder. Trust no one.

I gasped and everyone turned to look at me. "Katherine just texted me," Informed them with a shaky voice. "What did she say?" Elena asked, her face turning into one of disgust when discussing her allusive doppelganger. "Acassia is not my sister and has been gathering information about all of us. She works for either Desiree, your cousin, Bonnie, or Raphael, my manwhore ex."

"And what do you think?" Caroline asked, brushing her golden blonde hair out of her eyes. I laughed darkly. I stood up to face everyone. "I think that Desiree, who I thought I could trust, is trying to get me into my psychotic ex's hands, who is running the whole show. I also think that Acassia and Desiree are both working for Raphael."

"Why would you say that about Desiree?" Bonnie asked, hurt lighting her features. "You would say that too if you saw her trying to force me to go on a date with her prick of a boss." She turned away from me. "Oh, and Bonnie?" She turned towards me, her skin starting to grow pale white. "If you're going to pick a disguise, don't use my best friend. I can see right through it." The rest of the mask gave way and Acassia stood there in all her glory.

I felt a tremor, like my senses were telling me something big is going to happen. "You too, Qetsiyah, or should I say Desiree." Her disguise fell as well. Everyone stared at them in shock. "Now, I have only one question, for now." They looked at me, their hands balled into fists. Desiree moved to stand beside of Acassia. "What the hell did you do with my mother and best friend?"