Chapter 27: Desiree Bennett

"So, what's going on between you and Jeremy?" I asked as I causally sipped my tea at the Grill. Acacia looked down, blushing. "Oh, I knew it!" I laughed as she raised her hands to hide her face. "So, have you guys...?" She shook her head vigorously. "Almost?" She blushed crimson red. "I swear, if you guys end up banging in the house, I will flood both of your guys' minds about me and Klaus from several years ago, you understand me?" Acacia burst out laughing. 

"So, you wanna play twenty questions?" I asked.

She nodded. "Sure. You go first since you suggested it."

"Virgin?"

"No."

"Real name?"

I flashed her a confused glance. "What do you mean?"

"You mean that you don't know?"

I cleared my throat, setting my cup down. "Know what?"

"What you are. You are, of course, a Telepath. But you are also something else."

"Which is...?"

"I can't tell you."

"What do you mean that you can't tell me, Cassie?"

"I told you too much already. I need to go. I'll see you around, sis."

Acacia left.

I stared down at my tea. What was that about? I twirled my finger and a tiny bit of the tea started swirling in the air. As I heard someone clear their throat, I released the tea, moving my hand. It splashed back into the cup as well as me, creating a whelp. I hissed in pain. "Oh, are you okay?" I looked up at a girl I had never met before.

She had dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, and a natural tan. She stood at about 5'5, my exact height. She sat down across from me, taking a napkin, and started to dab the wound lightly. I looked up at her in alarm. She saw me do magic; my supernatural powers. Whatever you want to call it, she saw it. She noticed my look and grinned. "No need to worry. I am a witch." I relaxed somewhat. 

"Not to be rude or anything, but who are you?" I questioned. She laughed lightly, putting the napkin down. "My name is Desiree Bennett, but everyone calls me Desire." I laughed. "And why is that?" She smirked. "Because, as my cousin, Bonnie, says, 'Every guy falls in lust with you.'" I laughed.  "And you are?" I smiled. "I'm Destiny Gilbert. I am one of your cousin's best friends." Realization dawned in her eyes. "You are the girl she never shuts up about!" She leaned back in the seat, laughing.

"What do you mean?" I asked, picking my tea up and finishing it.

"She is always going on about how your powers are amazing and you're so down to earth, and how I have just got to meet her!"

I laughed. "So, why are you in the Falls?"

"Well, she said she needed my help with some dude named Drake, I think? I don't know. All I know is that she wants to get rid of him."

I looked down. "Yeah, um, that is the guy that currently wants me dead because of my half sister I had no idea I had."

"Oh, really? What's your sister's name?"

"Acacia Baldwin."

Anger lit up in Desire's eyes. 

"You know her?"

"Yeah, you could say that. She tried to expose me as a witch."

"What?"

"Listen, you can't trust her. I am telling you now. Do not trust her. If that guy is going after you because of her, she did something really bad."

"But I told her I would trust her." I said, clenching my hands into fists in my lap. "You can always lie, right?" Desire leaned forward. "I am a terrible liar." She laughed. "Well, then she obviously won't ask you again, right? IF you told her the first time, maybe she will continue to believe you." Desire waved a waiter over. "Can I have a water? No ice." She asked Matt. "Coming right up." He disappeared into the back. 

Matt brought the water back. "Thanks." He nodded at her, giving me a questioning glance. I shrugged my shoulders at him. "Did I mention that she might soon be banging my cousin, Jeremy?" I asked. Desire almost spit out her water. She choked. "Don't drop that bomb on me like that!" She scolded even though she was smiling. "Oh, you wanna hang out at my place?" I asked as I started to get up.

"Will she be there?" I hesitated before nodding. "Na, I'll pass. I'll see you around, Destiny." I waved to her as I exited the Grill. 

***

There was a small get together at the Grill tonight. Bonnie was supposedly bringing someone. I wonder who that could be? I sarcastically thought as I pulled on my pink and blue roses dress. Stars lit the background of it. I slipped my matching converse on, and headed out the door, toward the Grill.

*skip car ride*

I walked into the Grill, smiling as I saw Bonnie enthusiastically waving me over. "Hey, guys. What did I miss?" I said as I sat down beside of Klaus. They probably invited him for my sake, I realized. "Nothing much. Oh, this is my cousin, Des-" Desire cut Bonnie off. "She knows. We met today." She laughed coming up to me and Hugging me, pulling me out of the booth. "Remember what I said," she whispered in my ear. I pulled back from her, nodding.

Klaus narrowed his eyes at us suspiciously. I just  shrugged it off. "So, how did you guys meet?" Elena asked from the booth, being held securely to Damon's side. Rebekah and Stefan were sitting awfully close, I noticed with a slight smirk. "Well, Acacia had to leave after saying I wasn't only a Telepath, but she wouldn't tell me what else I was. She left soon after that." I frowned. "And how did Desire come into the picture?" Bonnie prompted.

"Oh, I sort of was bored, lifting a string of tea into the air..." After seeing Bonnie's sharp look, I quickly added, "But no one saw. Anyways, I was so startled at hearing someone clear their throat..." Damon laughed, trying to cover it up with a cough. "Salvatore, I'll snap your neck if you don't shut up...that I accidentally spilled it on myself, and she helped me clean it up. And she ended up sitting with me, and we hit it off." Desire nodded, smiling.

Someone sighed from behind me. "Funny, I don't remember anyone inviting me." Katherine Pierce stated, smirking at all of us.