Chapter 40: Preparation

A ringing disturbed me from sleep. I groaned and grabbed my phone that was vibrating on my night stand. I pulled it over to me. My breath caught in my throat. The picture for the Full Moon filled the screen. Tonight. The battle was tonight. Klaus almost made me forget about it for a few hours. I sighed and dragged myself out of bed. I padded over to the adjoining bathroom between my room and Elena's.

I disrobed and turned the water on for the shower.

What were we going to do? I got a text last night from Silas, saying not to trust Qetsiyah. I didn't, of course. He also said it was urgent, and he needed to talk to me, which was why after I got ready, I was heading out to the Grill to meet him. I had to find some way out of this. I just don't understand why it is me, of all people. What did I do? I sighed and looked down. I finished washing my hair and body and stepped out, wrapping a towel around my body.

I walked out of the bathroom and over to my wardrobe, taking out a black tank top and black and white printed cardigan. I slipped those on along with a pair of dark wash, high-waisted shorts. I slipped on my favorite pair of black, studded, ankle combat boots. I walked back into the bathroom and just brushed my hair, leaving it in its natural wave. I put in a silver metallic headband with stars on it in my hair. I applied my black mascara and eyeliner, smoky eye shadow, and red lipstick. 

I slipped my wolf bracelet, wolf earrings, and wolf necklace on. All gifts from Klaus, of course. I walked over to the nightstand and grabbed my phone, stuffing it into my back pocket. I walked downstairs, hearing Elena and Jeremy bickering about him always being on the couch. Simple, normal things. I need this, I thought.

I grabbed my car keys off of the coffee table and started heading for the door. "Where're you going?" Elena called after me. "Meet Silas at the Grill. Be back later. If I'm not, call Klaus." I called over my shoulder as I walked out the door and over to my car.

***

I walked into the Grill, looking for any sign of the Stefan look-alike. I saw him wave at me from the darkest corner of the room. Of course, I thought dryly as I started making my way over to him. "Hey, Father," I greeted him. "What's going on?" He scanned around us for unwanted ears. I swear to God, if Damon is here...

"Destiny." I looked over at him. "Are you wearing the red pendant I told you to wear. I felt at my neck. "Oh, Ii completely forgot to put it on. Dammit!" He placed his hand over mine on the table. "Destiny, that's alright. That's good. Your mother unwittingly revealed to me that your necklace drains your powers." My eyes widened. "Then-then what are we going to do about me dying?" I can't die. I can't die. I can't die...

"At this point, I can only think of one soultion. And you will not like it."
I looked over at him and saw him have a sad look on his face. "You don't mean..."
"Vampire blood."
"But I will lose my powers."
"Yes."
"Father, I-"
"Destiny, just think about it. If you would rather die, then let me know."

With a last sorrowful smile, he left me alone at the booth. I sighed and put my head in my hands. My tattoo began burning me. "Ow, what the hell?" The tatoo was glowing red, like blood. Then it began to bleed. I quickly slipped out of the booth and out the back door. "Portal to the Mikaelson Manor," I whispered. The blue portal appeared and I jumped through it.

***

"Klaus!" I yelled as I opened the door. "What is it?" Ii lifted up my arm and his eyes widened. "Let's get you to the bathroom." I nodded and shed my cardigan and tank top. The blood was traveling out of the tattoo in rivulets. I winced and leaned my head against Klaus's shoulder. He stroked my hair while the blood still came. "Destiny, I think it is forming something." I frowned and looked down at the water. 

Contact the witch,
For only she can make the switch.
She can make you live again,
And deliver you from this pain.
The witch will make you live,
But first you must give.
Make the ultimate sacrifice,
And she will make you satisfied.
She is in Granger Manor,
And there will you find the answer.

I looked up at Klaus. "So, the solution to our problems is to contact this witch?" He slowly nodded. "It appears to be. Do you want to go find the witch?" I nodded and he handed me my tank top  and cardigan back. I looked down at the tattoo. It was more defined more sharp. I remember from my times as Rozanna that a tattoo this defined and sharp meant I had come into my full powers. I was in full capacity. I slipped on the tank top and cardigan.

"Let's go."

***

Klaus and I were walking up a steep hill. I sighed as we continued to climb. "Come here." I frowned but walked over to him nonetheless. He bent down and said, "Hop on." I smiled and jumped on his back, wrapping my arms around him. "Love you," I whispered in his ear. He smiled and turned his head to kiss my cheek. "Oh, just vamp speed up. Ii am tired of that sun soaing into my darka clothes," I told hm. He grinned and said, "Aye aye, Captain!" I laughed as he sped up the hill to the old Granger Manor. It was deep in the woods of Mystic Falls, so it took us a few hours to get there.

We arrived at the door step of the old Granger Manor. It was huge with rotting wood and columns on the front porch. It was held up by old bricks, and it was huge. The floorboards creaked as we walked up the steps and knocked on the door. Klaus let me down, so that I was standing beside of him. A girl who looked to be in her early twenties answered the door. She had red hair that reached the middle of her back, pale skin, and bright blue eyes. She was wearing a white lace off the shoulder top, dark wash skinny jeans, and no shoes. Her toenails were painted black.

 "Yes, may I help you?"

I smiled. "Are you a witch?"

She opened her mouth in surprise, seemng to decide whether or not to answer. "Who's asking?"

"My name is Destiny Gilbert. I need your help."

Her eyes widened. "Did you just say you were Destiny Gilbert?"

I nodded  confusedly.

"My name is Clarissa Bennett. And I've been trying to find yo for years."

I glanced at Klaus. "Why?"

"To warn you about your powers. If they get out of hand, they will start to control you, burn you from the inside out."

"I already know how powerful they are. Have you heard of a witch called Silas?"

She nodded.

"He's my father, sort of. Many lives ago, which makes me sound completely crazy, but its true. I used to be Rozanna, Qetsiyah and Silas's daughter. Anyway, Qetsiyah has returned as well as Silas and I am being forced to fight Silas by Qestiyah. If I fight him, though, I'll die as well as him."

She digested the information slowly. "Okay, come in. I'll see if there is anything in my Grimoire." I nodded in thanks, pulling Klaus inside with me. She pulled out a leather bound book with yellowing pages and began to leaf through it. "Ii wonder if Ii contact the spirits, they might advise me..." she muttered to herself before lifting her head to the sky. I reached out to her mind, trying to see what she saw.

There were many voices speaking, but the most dominant part was telling her instructions in a language I didn't understand, so I backed off, waiting for the inevitable verdict. Clarissa finally seemed to snap out of it and look down at her Grimoire. She looked up at us. Klaus threaded our fingers together. "The witches said there is a spell I can do to bind you to Klaus's lifeline, to keep you alive, but keep you from turning into a vampire also."

"So, you'll help me?" Hope filled my voice. I could keep my powers. I could stay mortal. I could live and have a happy life with Klaus. She smiled. "Of course, I will. So shall we get started?"