Chapter 18: Hunts, Memories, and Portals

I walked into the Grill, walking up to the bar. I sat down and ordered a bourbon. Matt, who was the bartender, handed me the bottle and I looked up at him, cocking an eyebrow. "You look like you need it," he explained and I shrugged, popping the cap off and taking a sip. The door dinged, signaling that someone entered. I glanced at the door and saw Damon, Elena, and Klaus scouring the bar. They're probably looking for me, I thought as I dropped a twenty on the bar and got up, heading for the backdoor. 

I felt eyes on me and I quickly disappeared out the back door, finding myself in an abandoned alley. I leaned against a wall, hidden in the shadows. The door swung open revealing the Scobby Doo Gang, as I liked to call them. "She couldn't have gone far," Damon said looking down the alley. "Why are we searching for her anyways? She has to come back for the boy, right? He is valuable to her." Elena said. "We're looking for her because I want to lock her up to keep her from hurting herself and others." Klaus said. "Let's head this way," Damon suggested and they headed off. I watched as they started down the alley.

I looked at my hands, their perfectly trimmed nails and long, slender fingers. I felt power surge through me from some unknown source and I almost giggled, but contained it, knowing it would give away my hiding place. My started glowing. Dull at first and then getting brighter and brighter. I pressed my palms out in front of me, creating a circular portal. I guess I can do anything, I thought with a smile as I stepped from the shadows and burst forth into the portal. 

***

Klaus, Elena, and Damon felt the ground start to shake and then there was a flash of light from behind them. They spun around just in time to see Destiny jump into a circle of light she had created. What the hell was that? "She's getting stronger," Damon said and Klaus nodded. "She's going off the rails. We need to do something." Elena said and they started back to the Boarding House where they were keeping the boy. "We could lock her up int he cellar of the Boarding House," Damon suggested.

Klaus shook his head. "It is too familiar for her." Elena's eyes sparkled with light of a new idea. "What about the Lockwood cellar?" Klaus and Damon's eyes met. They both grinned. "Perfect," Klaus breathed.

***

I tumbled through the dimensions of the portal, being swung back and forth by an invisible force. I started to fall down and down until I saw a bottom and I jumped out of the portal, landing on my hands and knees. I looked up and gasped at where I was. It was my parent's old home my old home. No one had bought it.

This also means that I am three thousand miles from Mystic Falls.

I breathed in a shaky breath before walking up the creaking steps, heading inside. Nothing was disturbed. My childhood pictures were still hanging on the wall. My mom's favorite china set was in the cabinet in the kitchen. If I tried hard enough, I could almost imagine that they weren't dead. They were in front of me.

I still remembered the night...

I was running through the house, playing tag with my older brother, Anthony. I was only twelve when I lost them. My parents laughed as he caught me, swinging me around. He was sixteen years old. Suddenly there was gunshots. My brother put me down and looked at my parents in alarm. "You and your sister go hide," my mom ordered and I hid in the closet with Anthony behind me. I left a crease in the door so I could see what was happening. A man appeared before my shaking parents.

"I am sure you are aware of why I am here. You killed my best friend, so now I will kill you," he said, letting his fangs extend. He moved with inhuman speed and attacked first my mother, ripping her throat out and then doing the same to my father. "No!" I shrieked as I burst forth from my temporary hiding place. The man spun around, catching sight of me. He sped over to me. "What is your name?" he asked. I said, "Destiny." I was surprised I could even speak. 

"I shall spare your life. Have fun being an orphan," he sneered and sped out of the door, leaving me standing there in shock.

I gasped as the memory danced across my eyelids and suddenly I was beyond angry. That lying prick lied to me about who killed my parents! And I suddenly was even angrier because I knew the man who killed my parents. I used to date his brother. The stupid bastard that murdered myt parents right in front of me was none other than Kol Mikaelson himself.

I was shaking with anger and I had to steady myself on the door frame of the old house. He played me! And he was going to pay. I would make him pay. His death will be slow and painful. Even if I kill myself in the process, I will kill Kol Mikaelson if it is the last thing I do. I heard the crunch of someone walking behind me on the gravel driveway, heading up to my parents' old home. They stopped when they saw me and lifted their eyes to mine.

I couldn't believe my eyes. "Destiny?" My older brother asked, astonished. I opened my mouth in surprise. "Anthony?" I asked, equally astonished. He suddenly grinned, running up to me and giving me a big hug. "Hey, little sis."