Chapter 36: All Hallows' Eve

"Come on,Destiny. You need to get ready." Elena nudged me awake. I groaned and buried my head into a rock-hard chest. Wait a minute..."Klaus!" I yelled as I became fully awake. He grinned. "Morning sleeping beauty." I shook my head. "El, what do I need to get reayd for?" Her eyes widened. "You forgot?" I winced as she practically screamed in my ear. "Thanks for making me lose my hearing." She laughed. "Halloween Bash at the Boarding House, remember?" I groaned. "You mean the Halloweenie Bash?" She frowned at me.

"What? Halloween is not my thing..."
"You're going." Elena glared at me.
"Fine. Then the Hybrid has got to go." I looked pointedly at him.
"Really? The Hybrid? You break my heart!" He dramatically placed his hand over his heart.
I raised an eyebrow.
"Alright, I'm gone."
He pecked my lips before disappearing.

"Now, who're you going to be?" Elena asked.

***

I walked into the Boarding House and suddenly felt everyone's eyes on me. My red dress  that reached past my feet made a small swishing sound as I walked forward. I nervously clenched my now red and black tipped nails, feeling them dig into the palms of my hands. My black chandelier earrings just barely brushed my exposed collarbone. I stopped clenching my hands and brushed my fingers lightly over the heart-shaped pendant that hung from my exposed neck.

It was shaped like a heart, as I said, with bronze angel wings framing a ruby in the middle. It was a gift from Bonnie, saying that it was laced with vervain for my protection. Not that I really need it, of course. It is rare for a vampire to be able to compel me. The Originals are the only ones powerful enough, as well as the Immortals, to compel me, but it wears off within twenty four hours due to the strength of my mind. What can I say? I am a telepath for a reason.

My scarlet red heels clicked and clacked against the wooden floor boards as I looked around for any sign of my friends. The room was packed with people from my school as well as with the few humans the Salvatore Brothers were associated with in the town. I twirled my black rose ring around my ring finger absently. My black rose bracelet slid down my wrist loosely. I told Elena it was too big, I thought. I continued to walk around, catching my reflection in passing through one of the mirrors.

The black lace headband I wore trickled down to form a one-eyed masquerade mask over my right eye. My smoky eyeshadow, black eyeliner, and black mascara framed my brown eyes, making them stand out, and my red lips shone brightly over my pearly white teeth. My hair was curled and pulled  halfway up with red gems glittering throughout it. I turned away from the mirror and noticed Bonnie, Caroline, and Elena waving me over.

"Oh," Elena said.
"My." Caroline grinned at me.
"God." Bonnie finished.

I looked down nervously and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "Do I look alright?" They grinned and said (in perfect sychronization, I might add, which was a bit creepy...), "Duh!" I laughed and lifted my head higher with renewed confidence. "You guys look amazing too!" Elena was dressed in her 'sexy' nurse outfit from last year, her lips red as blood, like mine. Great minds think alike, I thought. Bonnie was dressed as a witch, which was incredibly funny. She was dressed in black and gold robes and a pointed witch's hat.

Caroline was, well, Caroline. She was dressed as a witch, like Bonnie, but with a little extra. She wasn't in robes and her hat was not simple. She was in a purple cossetted bustier, black leather pants, and black boots. Her witch's hat was black, covered in lace, and the edges were embroidered with purple thread. Overall, they all looked gorgeous.

"You seen Klaus or Rebekah yet?" Elena started looking around while Bonnie and Caroline fussed over how apparently "gorgeous I was". I think they're full of it. "Hey, gorgeous," Damon slung an arm around Elena's shoulders. She grinned up at him in response and resumed looking for the pair of Originals.

"Uh, I found Rebekah," Caroline pointed across the room where a temporary dance floor had been created. Rebekah and Stefan were swaying back and forth to the music whilst kissing. Elena swung her head around. She smiled softly at them. "Its time he found happiness," she said. I felt someone slide their arm around my waist and pull me close. The smell of mint, the forest, and a cologne I couldn't identify filled my nostrils. I grinned as I recognized the scent. Klaus.

"Guys," they all turned towards me. "For the first time in a while I feel really, really good. Everything is going great. My friends are all happy, there isn't some psychopath going after all of us, my ex left town," Yeah, Rafi finally gave up. I suspect Katherine might have done something to him though..."and everyone is here, safe." They all smiled. "You know, Destiny, I am getting your vibe. Would it be totally innaprpriate of me to want to go dance with Jeremy?" Bonnie asked. I glanced at Elena. She nodded and smiled. "Totally fine, Bonnie. Have fun." She smiled and nonchalantly drifted over to Jeremy's hooded figure.

I watched with a smile as he smiled and pulled her over to the dance floor. Damon led Elena over to the dance floor. That's when I noticed the small stage set up where the couches usually are at the far end of the room. "Who is supposed to be playing?" I asked myself. "You," Klaus whispered in my ear. Oops. I must have said that out loud. "Me?" I echoed. He nodded and nudged me towards the stage as some musicians got onto the stage.

"Hey, you mind if I sing?" I asked as I stepped up onto it. They nodded eagerly. They looked really familiar..."Nick, Jake, and Mike?" I asked. They looked at me curiosuly before Nick yelled out, "Destiny!" So, I do know them. I sang while they played at the Mikaelson Ball. "You wanna get started?" They nodded and got behind their instruments. 1, 2. 3, I counted.

I began to sing.