Chapter 5: Mikaelson Ball

I saw Rebekah on a ladder, putting up decorations, when I walked in. She looked over her shoulder when I walked in and grinned. "Hey, Des," she said as she jumped down. "You boys can finish up, right?" She asked and led me up the stairs to her bedroom. "Just sit in that chair there," Rebekah said as she left to go get the curling iron. She returned and I smiled. She started curling my hair.

"So, did something happen last night between you and Elena?" Rebekah asked as she picked up another piece of my dark hair and wound it around the curling iron. "Yeah, I pretty much told her to go screw herself. Why?" Rebekah picked up the last piece. "Well, I heard her say something about you acting weird last night." I shrugged my shoulders. "I am not really on speaking terms with Elena at the moment." Rebekah nodded and said, "All done! Now while I go and do my hair and get ready, you get yourself ready. I'll be in the bathroom if you need me!" She left. 

I quickly did my eyeshadow and applied some lipstick. I smiled at my reflection and got dressed. I looked at myself in the full length mirror and smiled as Rebekah exited the bathroom and came over to me. "You look amazing!" She gushed and I smiled in response. "So do you!" I said and then we heard the doors openeing and the sounds of people entering the mansion. 

"You ready?" Rebekah asked as we exited her bedroom. I nodded and we started descending the staircase. Everyone's eyes were on us. As I reached the bottom, I saw Klaus open his mouth in surprise and then promptly shut it, making his way over to me. "Hello, Destiny. You're looking lovely this evening." Klaus said, taking my hand in his and kissing it. It brought me back to when everything was okay...No, Destiny. You are not traveling down that road tonight, I told myself as I said, "Thanks." 

I looked to my right and saw Rebekah talking to Matt. She looked over at me and I smiled at her. I knew she liked Matt. Anyone who had eyes could see that. Elena entered and I looked away, instead focusing my attention on the band that was currently setting up. "Why don't you go up and there and sing?" Klaus whispered in my ear and I jumped. "I don't sing anymore." I replied firmly and looked over to see both of the Salvatore brothers going over to Elena.I rolled my eyes.

Don't get me wrong. I really do love my cousin, but she isn't any better than Katherine if she is string them along like that. She needs to make a choice. One of the guys from the band went up to the mike. He said, "Hi, I'm Nick. We were supposed to play for you guys, but our lead singer quit last minute so, we are really sorry." Klaus spoke up. "She sings." He pointed to me. "Klaus," I hissed and glared at him. He looked at me smugly and Nick said, "Please, come sing. We can't just not play." I sighed and thought, I am so going to regret this

I slowly made my way towards the stage and Nick helped me up. "Thanks for this," he said and pointed to the guy on the drums. "That's Jake and this, "he pointed to the guy that plays bass, "is Mike." I nodded in acknowledgment and smiled. "I'm Destiny." They nodded at me and Nick handed me a mike. "If this works out, do you wanna be in our band?" Nick asked and I hesitated before nodding.

I whispered a beta to Nick and he told the rest of the band. I started singing my new song. Everyone turned their attention to me and the band and I tried my best not to completely make a fool out of myself. It has been a while since I have been on stage. Rebekah opened her mouth in surprise. She didn't know I could sing. I took the mike out of the mike stand and started making my way across the stage, getting into the singing atmosphere.

The song ended and Elena came up to me, handing me my song book. "How did you...?" I trailed off and Elena just smiled. "I know my cuz, Des." I smiled and showed the beat to one of my newer songs to them and they nodded. I started singing and everyone started clapping in time to the beat. I worked the stage, moving across it with ease and never staying in one place too long. I smiled. This was what I loved about singing. The Fans. They were the best part about it. 

I finished the song and announced in the mike, "This will be the last one I am going to do. I have to dance sometime, right?" The crowd laughed and I took that as a good sign. I showed the final beat to the band and they nodded again. I started singing the final song. I got into it and wasn't paying attention when a shot rang through the mansion. I screamed out in pain and looked down to see a bullet sunk in my stomach. Screams were heard everywhere as the members of Mystic Falls frantically tried to escape the confines of the mansion. 

I started to fall and Kol caught me, using his vampire speed to get me to his bedroom. Bonnie, Caroline, Rebekah, Elena, and Damon soon followed. I was lying on the bed gasping as I felt the bullet sinking deeper into my flesh. Kol tried to give me his blood, but I denied it. "Don't," I whispered, but he forced me to drink his blood. I knew what would happen. I coughed up his blood, my body rejecting the substance. "Where the hell is Klaus?" Rebekah screeched as Klaus appeared beside me. Elena was crying into Damon's shoulder. "Why can't she drink my blood?" Kol asked Klaus.

"No," I whispered to Klaus. Klaus wouldn't even look at me. He focused his attention on his little brother. "Vampire blood is poison to her kind. She will always spit it back out." I gave him the best death glare I could muster at the moment, given the circumstances.  Klaus finally looked at me. "Wait," Bonnie called. Klaus looked over at her. "What is it, witch?" he hissed. "You aren't completely vampire, right? Maybe your blood can heal her." Everyone looked at her. "It couldn't hurt to try." Klaus focused his attention on me.

I was getting weaker and weaker. I could barely keep my eyes open. He knelt down beside me and bit into his wrist, placing it against my lips. I started to protest, but he held it firmly against my mouth, making sure that I couldn't pull it away. I expected my body to reject it, but it didn't. Bonnie was right. I began to drink and I was so distracted I didn't realize Klaus had pulled out the bullet.

His blood tasted amazing and after my the hole in my stomach was healed, Klaus pulled his wrist away from my mouth. I sat up and everyone breathed a sigh of relief. I thought I felt fine so, I stood up. I almost fell, but Kol caught me. A flash of something wen across Klaus's face. Jealousy? Hatred? I couldn't be sure. It was gone as fast as it had come. 

I looked to my right and jumped. Everyone looked over. "What is it?" Rebekah asked. "You don't see her?" I asked just as Matt walked in. "Vicki?" I asked in disbelief and Matt's eyes widened. "You can see them now," Matt whispered and everyone turned to look at him. "What do you mean? See what?" Elena asked. "Ghosts. You can see ghosts." He said and my eyes widened and I looked over at Vicki. She had been another one of my good friends when I came to stay with Elena and Jeremy because of how much she hung around Jeremy. 

"I'm sorry," she whispered before I felt a pain in my lower abdomen. I collapsed and before I passed out from pain, I whispered one last name. "Qetsiyah."