Chapter 9: A Record Deal, an Accusation, and a Warning

I decided the best way to get through this was to completely ignore Damon. As I went to get up, Damon and Klaus both caught my wrists on both sides. "Mind letting me go?" I asked as I jerked free from them. Gotta love Guardian Powers, I thought with a smile. I heard a band playing and absently asked, "Is it Karaoke Night?" Klaus appeared beside me and said, "Yes, it is. You thinking about singing?" I nodded my head. "Yeah, I actually am." I laughed to myself and I saw Damon looking at me with jealousy alight in his eyes. Klaus looked behind me and saw Damon's glare. "Did something happen between you two?" he questioned. "He kissed me when I was trying to leave earlier. Don't kill him, though!" I quickly said and gave him a look when he had a deadly glare settled on Damon.

I looked up at the stage and started moving towards it. Caroline hopped up on the stage and started singing eternal flame. I smiled and cheered her on as she finished the song and Matt went up to her, kissing her. "Way to go, Care!" I called up and she laughed, smiling at me. "Get up there!" Klaus encouraged. I smiled before heading up to the stage. I told the DJ what track to play and the sounds of Every Rose Has Its Thorn rang throughout the Grill.

Everyone was cheering as I finished and I smiled, pushing my hair out of my eyes. "Encore! Encore! Encore!" The crowd cheered and I smiled. "I am going to do one of my won, if that's alright," I said and told the band the beat. I started singing Start All Over and dancing all across the stage.  (A/N: Yes, I know these are old songs; I hate Miley's new ones) I laughed as I finished the song. I jumped off the stage and a businessman came up to me. "Hi, I'm Chad. I am the President of Krystal Records. I am becoming increasingly interested in your musical abilities. I would like to sign you to my record label. If you are interested, give me a call." I nodded and smiled in thanks as he left the Grill. Well, that was...strange, I thought as I returned to Klaus's side. 

I glanced at the card he had given me and tucked it into my bra. "I probably need to get home. I will see you tomorrow  Klaus?" He nodded and smiled and I left. I headed out to my car and started it, making my way back to the Gilbert Residence. I climbed out of the car and hummed to myself as I unlocked the door and stepped inside. I turned on the lights and saw Elena standing there with her arms crossed, glaring at me. "What did I do?" I asked with confusion. 

"You tried to kill me!" she exclaimed and I looked at her with confusion. "Uh, no, I did not." I huffed as I started up the stairs. "If you don't tell the truth, I will resort to kicking you out!" Elena called up. I scoffed. Was she serious? "I didn't try to kill you, El! God, give it a rest! What time did I supposedly attack you?" I asked as I threw my purse on my bed and raced downstairs. "It was right after school-" I laughed. "And that there proves that I did not attack you! I was at the Boarding House with Damon after school!" I exclaimed in victory.

I heard the scuffing of feet from upstairs, in my bedroom. "Des-" I held up my finger and quietly crept up to my bedroom. There was a man going through my belongings. He found a picture of me and smiled in victory as he headed to my open bedroom window. I quickly sped over to him and slammed him against the bed. "Who the hell are you?" I hissed. 

The man looked up at me in fear and then quickly masked the emotion with a smirk. "Hey, Destiny. You don't remember me?" I looked at him in confusion and quickly sped over to the window, closing it and locking it. "Maybe this will remind you," he said as he touched my hand. I gasped as I was pulled into a memory.

It was a year ago and I was in Chicago. I was at a bar, making sure no one recognized me and couldn't report back to Klaus as to where I was. A man walked up to me and said, "I don't believe I have seen you around here before." I smiled and murmured, "Hi." "Will you come with me for a second?"  He asked and I followed him out the door. Veins appeared underneath his eyes and fangs sprout from his pearly white teeth. He tried to go for my neck, but I pushed him back with my powers. 

"What the hell are you?" he breathed out as I clenched my fist, breaking off his current of air. "What I am isn't important. I don't like people attacking me so, now, I know you won't hurt me or anyone else for that matter," And then I clenched my fist all of the way and he breathed his last breath. I looked down at my white dress and made sure that it was in order before starting to leave. I heard whimpering in a corner and looked to the back of the alley and saw the shadow of a form. "Hello?"  I called out.

More whimpers. I started walking down the alley until I came face to face with a distraught boy that seemed to be the same age as me. "Are you okay?" I asked. He shook his head violently and looked upon me with fear. He saw what I did, I realized. "I won't hurt you," I said gently. He cowered back as I stretched my hand toward him. "I'm Destiny. What's your name?" "Chris-Christian," he stuttered. "I only hurt monsters, okay? You're safe." I gently said as I grasped his hand to show him that I wouldn't harm him.

"Do you need me to take you home?" I asked and he nodded his head slowly. I started walking out of the alley and he gave me directions. I led him to his house and smiled down sweetly at him. "Do not be afraid, Christian. Perhaps we will meet again in better circumstances." I said and kissed his cheek. "Have a nice night."

I disappeared with Guardian speed.

"Christian? Oh, hi. How-how have you been?" I asked shakily as Stefan and Damon appeared in my doorway. "I've been better. I was turned." I opened my mouth in surprise. "You did? Who turned you?" Christian looked away. "I can't tell you. I am just warning you since you were kind to me when  I was human. The man who turned me was the man who shot you. He has a grudge against you. I cannot release a name." I heard more footsteps and Klaus appeared, moving Damon and Stefan aside. 

Klaus stood in front of him and compelled him to release a name. He must not be on vervain, I thought. "His name is Lawrence Bridges." I opened my mouth in surprise and my eyes widened in sudden fear. Everyone was looking at me as my heart sped up. I quickly recovered and plastered a sadistic smirk onto my face. "Well, tell Lawrence that I have my powers fully unlocked and I know how to use them. I am ready fro him."