Chapter 15: Finding Her

"Tell me where he is!" I screamed at the boy tied to a chair in front of me. Okay, he was a vampire. Same difference. It has been two months since I left Mystic Falls with Lawrence. We have been torturing guy after guy, vampire after vampire, werewolves, everyone. We were no closer to finding my parents' killer than we started two months ago!

"I will never tell you where Drake is!" The young vampire hissed. I paused. This was the first vampire to ever know even a thing about my parents' death. "I really didn't want to do this..." I said as I grinned and pressed my fingers to his temples, searching his mind. It was a lot painful than you probably think.

The vampire, Greyson, screamed in pain as I forced myself into his mind. I went through all of his unimportant family memories and smiled when I found one in the back of his mind that he had a mind block on. It could easily be cracked. I am a very powerful human. I laughed. That was really ironic, considering the fact that humans are one of the weakest species on the planet. I almost got the lock removed when it suddenly slammed back on. 

I will have to get a witch to get this unlocked, I realized. I sighed as I removed my fingers from his temples. "Kill him?" Lawrence asked. I shook my head. "He's coming with us. He knows something and I want to know what." Lawrence nodded and snapped the vampire's neck. Lawrence untied him and threw him over his shoulder, following me as I left the small town of Alexandria, Virginia. 

***

"Any new leads?" Klaus asked as he walked into the Salvatore Boarding House. "I don't think so-" Damon started when Elena walked in, holding a piece of paper in her hand. "I got one." Klaus snatched the piece of paper out of her hand. "Alexandria, Virginia? What is she doing there?" he questioned. "Well, I don't know, but what I do know is that one guy went missing from there and I have my bets on that he is a vampire because there were 'animal attacks' there up until his disappearance." Elena said, smiling. We might actually find her, Elena thought. 

"The town is about three hours away so if you want to catch her tracks before she covers them up, again, then we need to get going," Klaus said as he walked past all of them and to his car. "Let's go," Elena said as Damon and Stefan followed her out the door to Klaus's car. Stefan got up front with Klaus as Damon and Elena got in the back. Klaus started the car and sped out of Mystic Falls.

***

I drove to New York City, knowing a big city would throw off Klaus, my sister, and the Scooby Doo gang. Lawrence was silent, as always, as we pulled into the city. We pulled up to a hotel and got out. We walked up to the hotel and Lawrence got out his credit card. He pulled Greyson up with him as I went up to the lady at the reception desk. "Hello, can I help you?" She asked and widened her eyes at Greyson. "Oh, don't worry. He's my son and he keeps running away with his friends. He just didn't want to leave. Can we have a room please?"

The woman nodded and swiped the card Lawrence had given her. She smiled and gave me the room key. I smiled back and took the elevator up to our room. I swiped the key card across the designated place and stepped inside as it unlocked. There were to beds so I motioned for Lawrence to set the boy on the bed. "Handcuff him to the bed." Lawrence did that and Greyson glared daggers into my back. I heard the sound of my bag opening and I caused Lawrence to drop to the floor in immense pain. "Don't touch my stuff," I hissed.

***

Elena, Stefan, Damon, and Klaus all got out of the car as they came across a bar called, 'Alexandria Bar and Grill'. Wow, real original, Klaus thought as they all headed inside. Klaus unlocked his iPhone, looking for a picture of Destiny to show someone. They went up to the bartender. "Hi, have you seen this girl?" He asked and the bartender nodded. "Yeah, she was here a couple of days ago and then suddenly disappeared. I don't know where she went." Klaus sighed in annoyance. How did she always manage to slip out of his grasp?

"No luck?" Elena guessed and Klaud nodded. "Damn it," she muttered as they all went back to the car and started heading back to Mystic Falls. "Wait, before we leave, maybe she didn't clean up herself as well as usual this time," Damon said. Klaus thought for a minute before doing a U-Turn and heading back to Alexandria.

***

"I'm taking a walk. Stay here with him." I ordered and I searched through my bag, finding the knife. I grabbed a leather jacket and tucked it the knife in the inside pocket. I took the elevator down and left the lobby. I started walking along the streets and I noticed people staring at me. I shrugged it off and went into a coffee shop, getting a coffee before leaving once more. I absentmindedly took sips as I walked, lost in my thoughts.

This guy has to know something. I know he does. Well, hew did say a name. Drake. Drake who? Maybe that is what I will try to work out of him when I get back to him, before I see the witch. I finished the coffee and threw it in the trash, finally looking up from my feet. I felt someone's eyes on my back. I turned around and saw none other than Kol Mikaelson staring at me. My eyes widened. "Shit," I cursed as I started running back to the hotel. I had to get out of here now.

***

Kol couldn't believe it when he saw Destiny standing there. He quickly dug his phone out of his pocket and dialed Klaus's number. He answered after two rings. "What is it, little brother?" Kol smiled before saying, "I found her. She's in New York City."