Chapter 42.5: The Battle (Continued...)

Silas and Qetsiyah shared a look before joining hands. Their free hands flew up as the ball of pyrokinetic energy-fused fire flew at them. The ball bounced against the force field they created and hurtled back towards me. But I wasn't afraid. I smiled sinisterly and controlled the fire, allowing it to grow with more energy. I knew what I was, what power I had.

I also knew that I shouldn't exist.

But I also knew that some part of Silas's family tree long ago were full-blooded pyrokinetic witches. That trait was supposed to have faded, but it must have taken hold in me, obviously, after going through my curse and being constantly reborn, constantly attacked. It made the magick burst out and take hold in me. Now, don't get me wrong. Pyrokinetic witches were definitely really powerful, but there has to be a balance in nature, right?

From what I picked up from some scattered minds over the years, the only thing that would counteract a Pyrokinetic Witch would be a witch with the power to suck that fire-fused energy out of that witch for short periods of time. But that's was enough time to restrain that witch and put her or him, depending on if it were a warlock, in a water tank, making their power virtually useless.

I was so hoping Qetsiyah was not one of the Absorbeurs.

Qetsiyah smirked and stepped away from Silas. "What are you doing, Tessa?"
Tessa?
"I can suck her energy dry, absorb it."
Dammit...
Silas shook his head at Tessa. "That could kill her, knowing how powerful you are."
She rolled her eyes. "That's kind of the point."
He looked indecisive. "I-I don't know..."
She rolled her eyes and held her palms out. I felt the fire in my wings start to dim and keep dimming...

***

Bonnie gasped. Klaus was by her side in an instant. "What is it, witch?" She obscured her mouth, trying to stifle the urge to scream. "Qetsiyah and Silas joined forces against Destiny. And Qetsiyah is the one being who can kill her, or at least hurt her really bad. She's going to suck all of the pyrokinetic energy out of Destiny. And it is going to hurt like hell. Worse than hell. Like her soul is being ripped from her body." Elena collapsed into Damon's side, and he cuddled her into his chest, a look of pain crossing his features.

"Fight back, Destiny," Bonnie whispered.

***

"What the bloody hell do you think you're doing?" Silas yelled. He started towards Qetsiyah, but she held up a hand, effectively putting a force field around me and her, blocking him out. The fire burning in my hands fell cold, leaving them to feel hollow. Qetsiyah grins as she sees my hair calm down, and I start to lower down to the ground until I am standing again.

Fight, a voice whispers to me.

Come on, I urge myself to remain standing. I am dangerously close to falling. I feel the heat in my veins subside, leaving a dull ache. I can hear my heart pounding like a drum in my chest. Unimaginable pain blossoms in my chest as Qetsiyah continues to drain me. She really is going to kill me. I struggle to remain standing. I can't feel anything other than the soul-wrenching pain wracking my body.

The wings fold back into my body, like they were never there in the first place. I close my eyes against the pain that puts me on my kness, my body know longer able to hold up my weight. The pain travels from my heart to my head and south. I can't think. I can't move. All I can do is sit here as she kills me and strips me of my powers. 

Fight.

Qetsiyah starts to grin, thinking she has won. That I am dead.

Fight.

Silas looks at me with sadness. Or maybe I am just imagining things. You never know. Ii can't believe it. I really am going to die.

Fight.

That word seems to echo throughout my mind.

Fight.

I can distance myself from the pain if I concentrate hard enough. I may not have the powers of fire. But I have powers of the mind. That I have always had. I have always been a Telepath. I can beat Qetsiyah. Using this much power will weaken her defenses. I can get inside her mind.

Fight!

I reach with my mind across the field, delighted to feel absolutely no defenses barring my access. I can do this. She is so concentrated, she won't know what I am doing. I go into her mind's eye. 

Thousands of images enter my mind. My life, mostly. But also her time on the Other Side. And there it is. The memory that can help me. I gasp at what I find. Her and the twins, the Immortals, Lawrence, everyone who has ever threatened me or the people I care about. She orchestrated every attack on me, trying to get my powers to burst out.

I could have died, and she wouldn't have cared. Every time an Immortal carved into my skin, she was there, watching with a keen eye. She never cared for me. She was always manipulating me. How could Silas ever love something like her? I don't get it. Anger made my vision start to grow red as I retracted my mind from hers, releasing her.

I felt numb, like I couldn't move, but with anger fueling me, there is no end to what I could do to her. I would kill her. I would kill her. When I felt her power recede from me, I struggled not to grin. Doing that weakened her significantly. I could kill her. I heard her start towards me. She would keep going if she thought I was alive.

I closed my eyes, stopped breathing. But my heartbeat would give me away. There was something I hadn't done in a while, but I was confident that I could do it. I focused really hard on slowing the blood in my veins just enough to slow my heartbeat down so it would appear as though I didn't have one. I couldn't do this for very long, though. A few minutes maybe.

She knelt beside of me and laid her head near my heart. "She's dead. We're free!" Qetsiyah clapped her hands together in joy and turned to Silas who looked less than thrilled. "Great," he muttered. Qetsiyah lifted herself up to a standing position and turned towards him, away from me.

Big mistake.

***

Bonnie began to grin. "What? What is it?" Caroline asked, hope clear in her voice. Tears of joy rose in Bonnie's eyes. "She faked Qetsiyah out. Now she's killing her."

***

In two seconds flat, I had her pinned to the ground with my hands squeezing her throat. She tried to  use her magic to throw me off, but I was right. She was completely drained. Her face began to grow red as she frantically clawed at my unrelenting hand. Ii squeezed tighter. I glanced at Silas and saw him watching this with avid interest. But he didn't try to stop me.

My eyes started to become luminous.

With one last breath, her body went limp. For good measure, I snapped her neck, hearing the unceremonious crack that followed before Ii dropped her body. I turned towards Silas who smiled grimly at me. "Why didn't you try to stop me?" I wondered. He shrugged his shoulders. "It needed to be done. At least now you will be rid of both of us? 

Was he saying what I thought he was saying?

"We are connected," he confirmed. "I'll be dead within an hour. I'll dispose of her body." And with one last tortured look, he grabbed her body and disappeared into the forest.