Chapter 1

Edited by: @pineappleparidise
________________
P/s: Thank you very much @pineappleparidise for your willingness and kindness by offering yourself to edit all the crap in this book. I'm so thankful for you 🙏

[020820]

________________

Here, I present to you, my baby. Hope you will like it. If you have anything to say about it, just give a comment anywhere. Please don't be shy about it. I'm eager to know what you think about this baby.

Well, without further ado, please do enjoy this without hesitance.

#___________________________#

"Shit!"

Carlisle ran. His heart beat rapidly trying to pump blood to every part of his body. Hair, cheeks, any part that could jiggle on his body bounced madly with every step he took. Every so often, he glanced at his wrist, checking and hoping that the rotation of needles would slow down or even better stop.

'Thanks to that fucking dog that I'm late now!' He cursed inside.

Entering a building in front of him, he quickly flashed a card in order to grant his entrance via the security gate in the lobby. His eyes darted everywhere, searching for the quickest way to reach his destination. Desperately, he spotted a janitor that was currently wiping the floor within the corner of his peripheral vision.

"Stairs!"Carlisle shouted as he ran towards the janitor. "Stairs? Stairs?" He asked repeatedly before the shocked janitor pointed to the left.

Carlisle dashed for them. He opened the emergency door, hopped from one step to another; he had no time to wait for the lift. It was too slow for his situation right now

"Shit!"

One step!

"Shit!"

One gulped of breath!

"Goddd.."

So many steps.

"Please.." He pleaded to no one. Every step felt heavier.

"Urghh...a bit moreee." Carlisle ran faster after he reached the intended door that had a sign saying he had reached Level 5. "Finally... thank God!" He muttered breathlessly before he pushed the door quickly, continuing his run toward his destination; Crystal room.

'Ruby... Amethyst... urghh what's with the rock names here?'

He ran to the end of the hallway, but the intended room still did not show itself. Carlisle groaned before stopping in his tracks, he took a few gulps of breath for his poor lungs. There, he stood still, eyeing every door and their signs to check their name. He looked ridiculous with his mouth wide open trying to increase his intake of oxygen. Along with his outer appearance, his heart thumped loudly as a result of his earlier vigorous movements and his mouth was dry from dehydration.

"Now, where is that Crystal room?" He pondered before checking the time on his watch, "OK it's still 9-" then his eyes almost bulged out of its sockets, "fucking 26!". Carlisle paled.

"Oh my god. I am dead! I am dead! Officially dead" He muttered while pacing the length of the hallway. His hands pulled at  his hair, making the already messy him look more dishevelled to onlookers. "Oh god, help me. I promise I will be a bett-"

"Carlisle, what are you doing down there?" Never ever in his life had he turned his head sideways in such a quick manner. "You're late! Come here." There stood in a suit, in front of the first door upfront was his coworker. "Our presentation will start in a few. Hurry up!"

Carlisle blew a breath before taking it again. He sighed in relief. Beaming, he jogged towards the door where his coworker waited for him. His steps felt weightless in his relief. "Des, you are a lifesaver. Thank y-"

"Where's the document needed?"

Carlisle blanched. He remembered the documents were in his hand before the accident he had gone through happened. Gripping his left palm, he felt nothing. Confused he shouted! 'Where are they?'

His eyes shot to his hand. Those documents were now gone.

No.

Nada.

Nil.

Cold sweat started to run down his temple. His breath hitched. He felt like he was eating sandpaper, rough and dry to his throat. Carlisle swallowed air, trying to chase away the dryness in his throat. It was not successful! "D-d-do-dog eat-"

"Are you fucking seven! Don't you dare to say that a dog ate those documents." Des reprimanded. His face was red in anger and nervousness. "Now seriously, where is it? Our turn to present is in ten."

"But, it's true. Seriously, I had it before the dog tr-".  Des put a hand up signaling for him to stop, Carlisle stopped abruptly.

Des sighed, trying to calm himself. "I think we just use what we have right now. Luckily I'm the one who finished the slides. Come on, you need to calm yourself before our turn." Des turned his body to enter the room. As his hand reached the doorknob, he stopped. Des gave Carlisle a side glance, "Also, please, make your hair presentable."

"Ahhh..! Okay." Carlisle stammered. Then, quickly tried to tame his wild looking hair with his finger. "There, better?"

Des hummed before proceeding with his interrupted action. Carlisle followed, trying his best to slow down his frantic pulsated heart.

"Carlisle," Des called him.

"Hurmm."

"Mr Gordon here's today."

"Huh!" Carlisle's eyes darted everywhere, trying to search for the familiar stoic face, his boss. 'I wish Des is jocking with me. I wish, I wish. Please god, please deity, please fairy godmother, plea-!'

There from the seat ahead, Mr Gordon looked at him like a predator looking for a hunt.

Carlisle averted his eyes and sighed slowly, he knew his prayers were not going to be answered. "I'm done!"

.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the city...

.

"Mr.Hammelton." A pert young girl called for him before he tried to open his car's door, stopping his frantic actions to make it in time. He needed to hurry as he just got a call from his assistant that there was a problem regarding the set location for his next movie and he was needed at that place to settle it.

"Yes." He turned his body. There, stood the nanny that he hired recently for his nephews. He waited a bit for the girl to talk to him.

Five seconds, seven, ten, fifteen, eightee-

Zander clicked his tongue in annoyance. Too much time wasted with the silence. "If you don't have anything important to say, I’d appreciate it if you didn't stop me like this in the future.", he turned his body to enter the car.

"Mr Hammelton, I want to resign. Today is my last day. I'm sorry for the short notice." The girl said quickly before she ran inside his house, locking the door.

Zander stood petrified in his place, shocked by the sudden announcement. He turned his body again to call the girl but there was nobody in front of him. He gawked. 'Oi..oi..oi... that's not short notice, that's murder!'.

"I'm done!" He muttered. Now, where would he find a nanny in such short notice to replace that girl.

____________________________

So, is there anybody like it?

If you do, please give the STAR icon below a hit to show your moral support.

Thanks abroad.

Until the next chapter.

Au revoir!