Chapter 29

"Huh?!", Carlisle looked up to see his mother. Her excited faced kind of gave him the feeling of on the edge for the future its hold. "Where are we going?"

"Back to your apartment." She answered in a duh tone. "Or, wherever you stay right now. Come. Let's go." She took Carlisle hand and tried to drag him out from the cafe.

"Mom wait!" Carlisle pulled out his hand from Joanne's gripped. "I need to take out Noah and Noël from their highchairs. And, we are still didn't pay for our foods. If you are that hurry, then please go and pay the bill." He spoke in seriousness then grinned in mischievous to the end of his words.

"Okay." Joanne said in expressed. "If you're finish first then wait for me just outside of the front door."

"Okay." Carlisle nodded in understand. Then, he took the empty sippy cups and stored it inside both toddler backpacks. Done, he took wet tissues and wiped the twin hands and mouths before pulled them out from their highchairs. With both twin in tow, he walked to the outside of the cafe. A minute later, Joanne walked out from the cafe. "So, did you came with your car or ...?"

"My car. And, where are we going? Your house or your fiance's house?", Joanne asked in eager.

Carlisle nodded, he kind of like the ring sound of fiance word. "Mine.", he answered on a beat. Of course, he was not going to bring his mother to Zander's house today. Who knew the things that his mother will said to the man if they were to meet today. Shuddered for the possibility, he focused to the issue at hand. "You still remember the way to go to my place right, mom?"

"Of course, I am! Now let's go." Joanne exclaimed in excitement. "Where did you park your car?"

Carlisle pointed to his left with his mouth. With both hands holding the twin hands, he left with mouth to show a direction.

"Okay then. We split here.  Meet at your place in twenty minutes, maybe." Joanne said and spun his body to the other side of Carlisle's car.

"Mom! If you arrives at there first, just go in by yourself." Carlisle shouted for his mother that almost ten foot away from him. Received a thumb up from his mother, he proceeded with his own task; loaded the car with two playful twin that refused to be strap on their car seats. With the arts of persuasion; he managed to settle his task. Quickly, he jogged to the driver seat and drive before both boys think it was a good idea to start fussing with the straps. Fifteen minutes drove, he arrived at his apparment.

Unbuckled both twin, he carried both on his hips and walked for the elevator. Inside the elevator, he put Noah down and pressed the '7' numbered button. Almost thirty seconds later, a 'ding' sounded, following by the doors opened. Cautiously, he grabbed Noah hand and walked out from the box confined lift. As soon as he was outside, he squatted and took Noah to his hips again and walked quickly to his apartment. Arrived at a door with a plat number '65' attached on it, he put both twin down to the floor. "Wait a moment okay. I'm going to open the door." With the keys already in his hand, he opened the door in second. Ushered both twin inside, he squatted to open their shoes followed by his own shoes.

"Here took this to the toilet. Hurry!" Hurried voice greeted Carlisle as soon as he took a step after he finished to put his shoes on the rack.