Chapter 3

Edited by: @pineappleparidise

"So as you already know your job here is basically to tend to my boys. Anything needed by them." Started the man as soon as Carlisle came back from the toilet after he tried to make himself a bit dry.

"Yup. A nanny." Carlisle agreed to the words.

The man only gave Carlisle a side glance before he proceeded. "As for the payment, you will receive it every two weeks with our agreed amount. Make sure you are always aware about their allergies and follow their eating timetable. I believe you have thoroughly read all the information that I have included in the contract."

Carlisle nodded. 'Humm..humnm..I did! But only a bit'

Seeing Carlisle nod, the man continued, "Also, I expect zero problems from you as I heard that you are the best nanny at your agency."

Carlisle's head shot up to the man's face instantly. His face distorted a bit after hearing the lie before he quickly schooled his expression. He was doomed. 'The best..? Who? Are they crazy?' His fingers itched to scratch his head.

"Aren't you?" The man once again asked. His gaze pierced Carlisle's face intently as if he tried to find any loopholes in the statements that he himself uttered before.

"Ah..Yes. Yes I am." Carlisle squeaked. His heart thumped loudly in his chest under the scrutinizing eyes . 'Please.. please.. please.. please face don't give anything away.' Carlisle tried to smile to stop his nerves but it failed miserably; maybe.

The man hummed, before standing up from his seat. "You will start today. The boys will have their breakfast at 8:45.. " , he glanced at the clock on the wall, ".. right now it's 8:34 . You have around ten minutes to prepare their breakfast. Any ingredients that you want try to find it in the fridge or the cupboards." He said before he took his leave.

"Yes, Mr..." Carlisle pondered.

The man stop his step, "Hammelton. Zander Hammelton."

"Yes, Mr. Hemmelton. I'm Carlisle by the way." Carlisle said again.

Zander nodded then proceeded with his strides. Before his foot landed on the first step of the stairs, there was a  wailing sound from above them. Quickly, he jogged upstairs. A few moments later, the wailing slowed down before fully stopping.

Around the same time, Carlisle was racking his brain to think of the quickest breakfast option for one and half year old toddlers. He searched the fridge for options until he found the foods that he thought were the best breakfast choices. He gathered the chosen ingredients in his left arm while his right hand picked up a carton of apple juice, then he turned his body before kicking the fridge door shut with his foot.

Putting everything down on the breakfast island, he opened the cupboards to find any toddler-proof plates and forks. Finding both, he quickly started to prepare the breakfast for two.
Carlisle grinned, looking down at the food on the plates. "Done. So, what do we have here? Mango cubes, apple cubes, banana cubes and yogurt. Oh, and don't forget apple juice." He poured the juice into two cups. "Cool!" Carlisle patted his own shoulder with his right hand. "You are brilliant Carlisle." He nodded, agreeing with himself. "Now, I’ll just wait for the young masters to get down here to eat." He said proudly then raised his head up to look in front before he went to sit on the stool while waiting for them to get down.

Unfortunately there, in front of the breakfast island was Zander with two boys. One in his arms; wearing rainbow striped pyjamas while his head rested on the crook of Zander's shoulder and a thumb in his mouth. The other boy wore the same pyjamas and stood at Zander's right side; he gripped Zander’s pyjama pants while dragging the ear of a grey bunny rabbit on the floor. All looked at Carlisle like he was a madman.

Carlisle coughed, he felt like burying himself in a hole at the moment. "Hurmm, so I finished preparing breakfast. They may eat now."

"Nice. Let's see what brilliance you have prepared for the boys’ breakfast today." Zander said while walking towards the breakfast island, the boy at his side followed behind him timidly.
'Cettt, there's no need to repeat it. I know I'm brilliant.' Carlisle made a distasteful face.

"Oohh, what great foods you have prepared." Zander exclaimed loudly. The boy in his arm tried to pry in order to see the things that made Zander look excited.

Carlisle beamed. "Really?"

"Yup. Creative. All in cubes." Zander said tonelessly.

'Shit! Should I take it as praise or sarcasm?', the smile flew from Carlisle's face.

"Take the highchairs over here, will you?" Ignoring Carlisle’s plights, Zander ordered him around with his lips pointed to the corner.

Without any words Carlisle did it.
Zander strapped both boys into the highchairs with a bit of difficulty as one of them started whining, refusing to be strapped in. After a bit of coaxing the boy abided. After that, Zander sat on the stool in front of them before he took both plates and gave it to both of them but left the yogurt for the later.

"Eat your breakfast." Zander said to both of the boys. Both nodded and started to grab a cubed fruit, one at a time. The forks were forgotten.

"Daddy." One of the boys raised his hand to give Zander what looked like a cube of - mushy - banana. Then, the other one did the same but with a way worse looking, almost juiced, cube of mango. He lowered his head to eat both of the offered food without batting an eyelash.

Carlisle grimaced.

"Thank you. Now eat." Both boys grinned a gummy smile at him before continuing their eating.

Carlisle stood still at the other side of breakfast island; he observed the interaction between the three of them. One word, awkward. The other party looked super happy, while the other looked without feelings.

"I made coffee. Do you want it?"
Zander nodded, "Yes, please. Two sugars."

Carlisle hummed, preparing the coffee quickly before serving it to Zander.
"They are identical."

"As you can see." Zander said without a beat before taking his first sip of the steaming coffee. Gulping, he sighed in appreciation and relief thanks to his early dose of caffeine.

"So, which one is which?"

"Noël." Zander pointed at the boy with red cheeks and brown locks, "Noah." To the other boy who had the same appearance but with a bunny rabbit still in his hand.

"Oh.. how do I differentiate them?" Carlisle countered as he believed that he would never be able to make out the difference between both of the boys in such a short amount of time.

"No need. You will know yourself after a while."

"Yes." Carlisle agreed in an incredulous tone. 'A while? Of course it won't happen in two seconds Captain Obvious!'

___________________

Oh my.. So what did you think will happen to Carlisle after this as he actually not the best nanny as agency claimed?

Oh, don't forget give me a vote before you click through.

Thanks abroad.

Ciao!