Chapter 21

"I'm not going to reprimanded you much but what is this sudden scandal, Zander? I don't really mind if it's only you as we all know you always in news about your so-called love live. But when Noah and Noël been involves, you knows I can't stay calm. You had promised me before Zander." His mother said to him, his tone grave with disappointment. Released a breath, his face soften when he looked at Zander's anxious face. "Ooo baby. Come here.", he invited his younger son to his bosom with hands opened.

Slowly Zander scooted down to his mother, laid his head on his bosom and gulped the calming scent that he remembered from his childhood. "I know, ma. It just... The precautions had been made. That's resort was supposed to be paparazzi proof. Everything supposed to be under radar."

"Well, son. Now you know it don't. Moreover, I don't think there's a place that will be a total paparazzi proof with your background. Lesson's learn right?", his mother smothered him in hug gently.

"Yes...", Zander replied softly. His face distorted in stress, there was no words to continue his answer.

"This is the reason I want to take care of the twins before but you refused it. This is too much for barely two years old Zander. I can't afford to abide to your selfish self anymore. I'm not going to wait until they will be harmed before I speak. Don't want for something like this to effect my grandchildren."

"I'll take responsibility. Just.. Please don't take Noah and Noël away from me, ma. We are okay." Zander pushed himself from his mother's bosom, his eyes dead serious to convince his mother. "I had promised Nolan.", he murmured the last part with head bowed down.

"Again with your selfishness. We are talking about kids here, Zander. They are too young to be put under too much of spotlight. I don't like it. I want them to have a safe and normal upbringing." The voice been raised, his mother face turned red. "If that promise was too hard on you then throw it. Just said you can't, you're tired or it's too hard. Nobody going to blame you baby boy. I'm here, let me took it for you. Also, responsibility you said. What responsibility you're talking about? How will you do it? Fabricated the story? Tell the world that they're your child? Married your new boyfriend and make him their mother? Will you do it to cover their real parentage?." His mother had started to cry, each words he said had hit the nail.

Zander stayed silent. His eyes fixed on his on laps, received the words by words of truth and questions by his mother. He was speechless. Everything was true without an inch to denied.

"You know what Nolan said when he's pregnant with them right? Also, before he died??", his mother asked softly, wiped his tears that cascaded down without knew its limit.

Zander nodded sluggishly. His breath hitched remembered the sad memories. He glanced to his front. His father just sat still and silently heard them both with an unreadable face. As always, his face expression was too hard to gauge in a situation like this. He never showed any hinted either his feelings was wavered or not with the situation. Calmly, he just heard anything in silent until he deemed it was the right time for him to talk.

His father cleared his throat, "Then this happens. Just let Noah and Noël stay here. It's will be easier--"

"I'll marry Carlisle. Noah and Noël are our kids. I'll tell media that!", Zander suddenly exclaimed with determination.

"But, it's--", his mother tried to retort.

"Then it's settled.", his father said before he stood up and held his hand out for his wife to grab.