Chapter 38

Thirty minutes had past from earlier. Carlisle strutted down from upstairs to the living room and made a beeline to the door that connected the inside of the house to the garage. His hand reaching for the door knob. But, before it reached its destination, the owner of the hand stopped himself; he was hesitated.

There's something that he felt was out of place at his body resulted for his consciousness about himself peaked high. It's either real or imaginary, though, he'd not willing to take any chances of doubt clouding his mind for as long as the time he was outside, today.

Retracted his hand, he took a deep breath and bowed his head down. On the same time, he smoothed his outer piece of plaid shirt and checking if his stomach bulge; repeatedly, was too obvious underneath his loose t-shirt. Chose to be satisfy after he glanced at his wristwatch, he grabbed the door knob and twisted it before pushed the door to the garage open. Then, walked to the car quickly as he saw that Zander and the twin already inside with engine on before pulled open the car door.

"--out in a moment", Zander disconnected his phone call just in time for Carlisle to come inside the car. He glanced at his side to see the man had sat on the car seat. Waited for the man to buckle his seat belt, he pushed a button on a remote control for the garage door to be open. "Done?", he glanced at Carlisle when the door had opened.

"Yes", Carlisle answered simply with a nod and opted to look behind for both twin in their car seat. Satisfied with safety precautions that fastened at both, he turned his body upfront while on the same time, Zander had maneuver the car steering to the right way. Fidgeting on his seat, he blurbed out a question, "What do you think of my outfits?"

Glanced briefly to the side, Zander hummed in appreciation, "Me likey."

"What did you like?", Carlisle demanded for a confirmation.

"Your outfits", Zander said in duh tone.

"How can you said that? You didn't even looked at me? Huh?", Carlisle crossed his arms just above his bulging stomach. His expression showed the grave disappointment he felt at the moment.

"Ohh", Zander released an internal sighed. Automatically, his foot stepped on the car's break and pull the hand break and luckily they were still not on the main road at that time. He turned to Carlisle with high level determination expression that he managed to muster which its shown the epitome of the reason he managed to emerge as one of the best movies director just on the nick of time before he turned to the pregnant person who'd currently was sulking slashed demanding at him. "Carlisle, hear me please?", Zander said softly. His tone heavy with persuasion and adoration.

Heard the soft tone, Carlisle bit his lip to cover his face from showing any changes although his heart tugged in glee involuntarily from the call. Chose to defending his pregnancy ego that he was unaware he had, he ignored Zander plead. Looked to the outside of the car, he wished to avoid looking at Zander.

Facing with the denial action, Zander slanted his body sideways  before raising his hand and cupped Carlisle's cheek. Gently, he pulled Carlisle to face him. Continued his effort of persuading, he said, "I did look at you. My eyes was on you from the moment you walked out from the garage door--"

"You're not looking at me when I'm asking you", Carlisle overrode the words. His heart was beating erratically from the sudden action.

"I did glanced at you. Can't really gave my full attention at you while I'm driving, Carlisle. Safety first, remember? Also, if I did really didn't looked at you, I already knew that you are always great in your outfits choice. Always handsome and sleek for me. Right?"