Chapter 22

Stood under a shady jacaranda tree, surrounded by thousand of flowers from various colour with a different mild scents. His eyes misted. A calming wind blew, accompanying the historic scene. Twigs moved slowly from the soft force, made its leaves dancing up and down in joyous. The sounds of nature was playing in his ears. He opened his mouth and uttered the sacred word of yes, before a smiled attached itself to his lips. Almost permanently without any hints to diminish. He wiped his tears; not from sadness but a proof of his happiness. With a shaking hand, he lifted it to the front. The person who was kneel--

'ZZEEEEENNGGGG!!!!'

Like a broken movie, the sound was echoed in Carlisle's mind. That was supposed the scene that he needed to go through and always in his dream when he was been proposed. Not like the unspeakable situation that he needed to through minutes ago.

Carlisle raised his hand high to the sky then with a great force he threw it down to the ground. In his mind, he was throwing a rubbish script for a shitty story that he just read. With a furious mind, he stomped on the imaginary script. After everything, he was still unsatisfied. This time he used both his legs to stomp on it. "What was that? Drive-thru proposal? What did he think I am huh?! McDonald! The nerves...Arggghh"

He took his calming breath with a hard thumped heart. Its sound was so loud it rung to his own ears. Carlisle looked his left and right to search for the older man but realised that he was alone at the garden. His eyes wild, tried to search for the intended person as he needed to argue about this ridiculous interpretation, he had made.

Failed to find Zander, or even his shadow around the garden ,he dashed out to search for the man. He chose the way that he believed that was the same path that had been taken by Zander. He ran non-stopped until his legs took a rest at the fountain, which was on the front part of the mansion. Carlisle clicked his tongue in annoyance. He cannot even found any of the man's trace. Panting, he tried to calm his breath intake.

"Carlisle. What are you doing standing at the fountain? It's hot there.", an over cheery voice asked.

Carlisle froze. He gritted his tooth in annoyance with the sudden greeting, took a breath of fresh air before schooled his expression to the best and normal way as he managed to muster. "Oh Abigail. Nothing much. Just looking for a fresh air. I was bored inside.", he said before he felt his legs been tackled by two running mini human beings. He almost felt from his unprepared stand.

"Caca. Caca. I pway...", one voice chirped.

"..... auty abiyel gimme dis", one voice interlapped, although there was not much different between the two voices.

Carlisle's brows knitted. He was almost at his breaking point. This new event added with that previous ridiculous event had knocked his nerves. Instantly, his looked at his legs.

There, two chubby excited innocent faces looked up to him. Both with those small little arms circled his legs, bouncing slightly with their feathered hairs followed the movement; up and down.

Carlisle heart broke, quickly he took a deep calming breath. This twins will always be his soft spot. He sighed before he mustered the sweetest smile and crouched down to be on the same height with them. He patted Noah and Noël's head, "Really? What else did you both do?".

Simultaneously, both started to chime. Told everything that they had experienced to Carlisle. Interloping with each other deformed words.

Carlisle laughed. "Yes.. Yes.. Noël and Noah must be really happy right?"

Both twins jumped in excitement, "Yes!!". They gave a deafening shouted with their baby voice in chorus.

"Great!", Carlisle replied in excitement for it to be on par with the twins reply before. "Let's go inside. Change your clothes okay. You both are sweaty and smelly right now." He teased the both before took  them to his arms. Both boys squealed, a chorus of no was been heard. "Okay. Okay. Maybe you're both not smelly, but we still need to change your clothes." He released his hold and stood up with both little hands in his hold. Before walked inside, he turned, "Abigail, did you--"

"You should become their mother.", Abigail said suddenly. She gave a sad smile, looked at the three of them. "You are already like their mother."

Silence.

There were nothing that Carlisle may said to reply. His intended question was forgotten. He casted his eyes down to look at Noah and Noël, and, at the same time both twins was looked up at him. He gave a small smile to both. He was unsure about his own feeling and had difficulty envisaging the future with Hammelton as a family, at that moment. Huffed, slowly he said, "I'll think about it.", holding both hands and walked inside the house.

Escaped from the inconvenient situation was supposed to be dead silent afterward, but, with two toddlers as your accompany, it will never happened. After all it was an adult problem and as a child they will never understand it. As for Carlisle, he was never felt as grateful as he was right that moment. Carlisle chuckled, shook his head hearing both of them chattered. It was a wonder itself of how they understand each other because, as he heard, he thought both of them were talking in codes.

Reached the twins rooms, Carlisle pushed the door opened with both, Noah and Noël  toddling-running inside the room. Shrieked of happiness reverting between the four walls of decorated room. Carlisle quickly ran to catch both of them, afraid that they will collided with any solid materials inside the room as both still cannot excel the arts of breaks when in high speed.

"You cheeky monkey!", he pretended to tackle both down, instead he laid them on the big cushion. He attacked both with thousands of kiss to their cheeks and neck with both his hands guarding the twins side, preventing them from escaped. Loud shrilled of giggling boomed from inside the room, lost in their own world without noticing a figure stood still at the front of the door.

Observed the situation in front of him, slowly the figure retracted from his position. Turned his body, he strutted from the room with soft smile tugged on his lips. Left the joyous scene with a light feeling tugged on his heart.

______________________

Let's take our time and enjoy the blessed souls of the twins. 😍

Hope you enjoy this chapter. If you do, don't forget to show your support.

Until next chapter.

Ciao!