Chapter 35

Zander took a turned before he arrived at the chaotic spot. Truth to his ears, the recognisable voices belong to both Noah and Noël. In rushed he examining both of them for any physical injuries.

None.

Zander released a relief breath. But, before he could inhaled another breathe, his eyes unintentionally shifted aside from those two mini screaming figure. That was the time his breath hitched involuntarily, while his legs neigh to buckle and his body almost sagged unenergetic from the sight of a laying body at the front of both twin.

Staggering, he willing himself to walk to them. Each step was like a blew of misfortune rushed to him and demanded him to know the reason of this tragedy.

Why was this happened?

It is his fault?

Where's his stand here?

Shook his head from the stupor of self-condemned, Zander focused on the poignant sight behold in front of him was like a scene in one of those melancholy drama he might had seen before. He slumped down beside the laying body as soon as he foot touched the floor near his unconscious future partner. He stretched his numb finger; which maybe resulted from the irregular circulation on blood; or maybe not. Everything had went unrecognisable to him, "Carlisle...", he shook the man who was laying unconsciously on the floor. "Carlisle!", his voice raise unintentionally. He continued to waggle the man shoulder; trying to rouse him from his sleep. "What happened?", he turned to the front and asked the crying toddlers like a dumb person; as if those upset twin will providing him with answer.

"What--", Abigail voice suddenly added to the upset noices made by Noah and Noēl.  "--oh my god!!", she gasped in terror. "Ma! Dad!!", she shouted as loud as she managed as soon as her saw the scene at the hallway, "Come here! Hurry!" There at the end the hallway, the scene of terror portrayed clearly to her eyes. This was one of the time she was glad for herself, to following her intuition to check for the cause of the commotion she heard. Although she thought nothing serious will happen since his brother and Carlisle were together with the twin, but in reality, it was wrong at her side. "Zander... Oh god! What happened?", She was asking with an intention for her brother that looked unfocused with his hands gripping and shaking the unconscious Carlisle to snap from his erratic mind. Failed to receive any answer from the blank looking Zander, she tried to pry both twin from clutching Carlisle's shirt. To her dismayed, Noah and Noël were screaming their head off and convulsed like they had been hurt badly in each attempted she made to detach them from the fainted Carlisle.

Precisely forty seconds past after Abigail's shouting, series of nearing rushed foot steps could be heard, followed by gasped of shocked by different tone of voice resounding.

"Mason, called Doctor Fernandez!", Jordan immediately commanded his older son to contact their family's doctor before squatted down to check for Carlisle's condition as Zander looked incapable to do so. He stretched his hand under Carlisle's nose to make sure the unconscious young man was still breathing normally. Satisfied with the hot air that been exhaled in normal paced, he glanced to his dazed son. "Zander, bring him to your bedroom."

"...."

To Jordan dismay, silent was answering his request like it's been uttered to the deaf ears. Sighed, he took his own initiative, "You two..", he referred to Micah and Abigail that still fawning over the crying twin, "..hold both of them. I don't want them to cling on Carlisle when I lift him."

Micah looked at his husband along the time Jordan voicing his request before responding to him, "Okay." He took the first action to grab and separated Noël's gripped from Carlisle's shirt followed by Abigail to do the same to Noah.