Chapter 2

Edited by: @pineappleparidise

Morning comes.

It had been two weeks since Carlisle was terminated in a dramatic cliche scene on the fateful day. He, being the sinner antagonist who failed to bring the necessary documents which in turn made the company fail to get the tender that they had fought; was only able to accept it silently. Any hard feelings, he kept inside. He was unable to fight for his position as it was his fault too. At least he partially believes so.

Carlisle sighed hundreds of times since then. He needed to do something to make sure he managed to pay his next due bills. Thousands of thoughts were running in his mind. Any possible way has been weighted until one day his aunt, Jennifer came to knock on his door.
"I heard that you are jobless right now." Her first words attacked, straight at his heart.

"I believe so. Who-"

"Your mother," Jennifer answered instantly.

Carlisle nodded. 'So, she's a psychic now and knew the answer without hearing the question?'

"Come and join me. Work for me. The work is easy. The pay is reasonable. No need to think about the work stress as you will receive none. Working hours are flexible. You may choose your own unless requested. So, will you?" Jennifer asked before taking the lemonade that had been served beforehand to quench her thirst. Gracefully she sipped the beverage.

'Did she try to make a speech for the presidential election?' Carlisle pondered then looked straight at his aunt's face in surprise."It's not like I had any problems regarding that. Everything is good, great even in my current situation. But-"

"No buts." Jenifer cut him off and put the half-empty glass back on the countertop.

Biting his bottom lip, Carlisle closed his mouth from uttering any words. 'Can't you give me a chance to talk? Haishhh!'

"The question now is whether you want it or not. As right now I have one position that I reserved for you if you want. Also, the payment for this one is a bit higher than the others. So?" Again, she asked with her left eyebrow raised a bit. That meant she would not receive anything other than YES as an answer.

Carlisle hummed. "Okay. What will my pos-?"

"Cool. Then, this is the address that you need to go to, also any info that you need to know beforehand." Jennifer put a folder of paper on top of the countertop, then she started to gather her belongings before standing up. Smoothing the invisible creases on her clothes then her locks of hair, she gave Carlisle one last glanced. "Make sure you arrive at that address before 8 am. I wish to receive no bad news, I mean it, any complaint regarding you being late. Are we clear?" She reprimanded with her finger pointed straight in Carlisle's face. Her bright pink coloured nail waved in front of his eyes.

Carlisle nodded. 'Wow! Now she's like a dictator'.

"Great." She muttered satisfied.

"What will my-" Carlisle tried to ask again but the place where his aunt previously sat was currently vacant. Darting his eyes around he found her about to walk out the door. "Aun-.. No, I mean Jenifer." He called a bit louder in case she did not hear him while jogging to her.

Jenifer stopped her strut before turning her head a bit, and smiled sweetly. "Yup? Also, nice save there. Appreciate it."

'Huh, she heard me'. Carlisle smirked hearing those. "So, I want to know what my position is for the job that I will start tomorrow?"