Chapter 13

Drip.

Drop.

Drip.

Drop.

The water that's fallen from his pants almost wetting his whole surrounding. Some been absorbed by the earth while some didn't, pooled at his boots. Eyes darted everywhere, scanning the perimeter of area around him. He still high residue from the adrenaline from earlier ran. A ran that he need to do to ensure the safety of his life.

Suddenly, there's a cracked sounds of tweaks been trampled down by whom he believed had been after him from earlier. Quickly, he changed his stance, lower his body to make it more stable and more responsive with any sudden attack. At the same time, he tightened his hand at at he grip of the gun, pointing finger freeze on the trigger; waiting for the right time to press it. His eyes sharp, breathing was shallow to avoid unnecessary noise while trying not to blink in every second due to nervousness. His heart almost jump to his throat.

Once.

Twice.

He gulped the saliva that barely exist due to hydration to chase the dryness in his throat. Licked his lips to wet his previous lip balm coated lips. He knew those actions help nothing to reduce the nervousness that reside inside of him, but he cannot help but kept doing it.

"Run from me?" A sudden grouchy voice greeted.

Startled, he turned his head to the side and been greeted with a bash from the bottom magazine of a gun to his temper. He slumped on the wet soil with an eyes seeing stars. Bloods started to drip from the wound entered the left eye made its sight started to blur, failed him to see the attacker. Just a hoodie silhouette that he managed to recognise. The earlier impact did not help either as its made his ear ringing. He shook his head twice to reduce the aftereffect then tried his best to scamper away from the predator. Unlucky to him, a boot landed to his stomach before he turned his body away. He grimaced and recoiled his body due to the sudden impact.

Snickered, the other man pointed the muzzle to him. "Not that tough, I see. Still bleeding red." The other man pushed his damp hair upward, water dripped down from its end. "Happy to be a mouse in your own game?" The other man taunting him then sighed before continued his words in monotone. "If I kill you here, nobody will know. People will assuming that you suddenly disappeared without any trance. Maybe the polices will excited to search for you for three months.. maybe, then your case will be close. It'll be unsolved. Like my fiance." The other man looked to his eyes, sneered. "Did you remember him?"

His eyes bulged hearing it. From his position he can see that the eyes of the other man; dull sans emotion like a doll's eye with a bleak smile tugging his lips. "Ra..phael?", he asked in disbelief.

"Yes! Raphael."

His breath hitched, the gun's muzzle had dug his temple's skin deeper that before. Cold sweat running down mixing with rain.

"It's unfortunate for you to meet me." The other man smirked, the finger slowly pulled the trigger until a clicking sound resonating, covering the area.

"-cut!!" Zander hollered successfully stopped the both actors that still in action. Carlisle at his back almost fell from his chair hearing the shout and luckily to him that both Noël and Noah was asleep inside the trailer near them. With other hand that did not held a baby monitor, he touched his chest to calm his loud thumping heart.

"Michaella." Zander beckoned her to his place in front of the monitor.

'Michaella?', Carlisle turned his head right and left to search for the actress, his idol to say. He did not knew that the actress was here on the set. Failed to found her, he almost slumped in defeat on his chair before the actor in hoodie walked toward Zander. Carlisle looked at him with an interest. Just couples more steps reaching Zander, the hoodie's actor pulled his hoodie off; showing the person beneath it. To say he was shocked was understatement and although the make-up successfully made the actress look rough, but she still recognisable to Carlisle. 'It's Michaella!!.', his eyes gleaming in excitement.