Chapter 9

"Ladies and gentlemen, now we're approaching Majorca, Spain where the local time is nine thirty-seven p.m. At this stage you should be in your seat with your seatbelt firmly, fastened. Personal television screens, footrests and seat tables must be stowed away and all hand luggage stored either in the overhead lockers or under the seat in front. Please ensure all electronic devices including laptop computers and computer games are turned off." The captain of the plane started to give a descent announcement followed by a landing announcement by flight attendant few minutes later. The forty-five minutes flight from Barcelona to the island felt so short compare to their flight from their home country which took more than eight hours.

All passenger started to buckle their own seatbelt as the fasten belt sign was on. Luckily, the landing process went smoothly without unnecessary bump.

Carlisle bundled up Noah in jacket as the temperature in the night quite cold at Majorca. After that, he turned to Noël to change him in suitable gears but saw him already in jacket while Zander standing to fish the boys backpack from overhead bins. Took the bags down, Zander tried to stretch his body in that small space.

"Sore aren't you?" Carlisle asked tried to start a small talk after being silent from a long time.

Zander's eyes trailed down to Carlisle, smirking smugly he answered, "Well, if you have a tall body like this.." he pointed his forefinger to his body in up and down manner, ".. you'll feel it though it's only for forty - something minutes in this confined space."

Carlisle tsked, gave a disgusting eyes to Zander answer while tried to hide it with busied himself with Noah. 'So, were you tried to say that I'm short, huh? I'm not, okay. I feel sore too!'. Grunting to himself, he lifted Noah in his hand then walked down the aisle to go out from the plane in a line along with other passengers, also as Zander claimed almost half of them were peoples that worked with him. From his back he heard Zander's chuckled, gritted his teeth he refrained himself to turn and smacked him.

First step on the land make Carlisle took a big gulped of breath, "Ahhh, oxygen in open air." He spoke slowly, inhaled and exhaled savouring the taste of sea salt in the air.

"Waiting for me?"

Carlisle jumped a bit, his left hand spontaneously covered his left ear after being assault with husky - like whisper before remember that on that moment he'd holding Noah. Immediately, his left hand back to hold the boy then turned himself to see the culprit. There just behind him, standing and smiling like a goofy dumb person was the same person who irritated him before, Zander.

Knitted his brows, Carlisle whispered shout as he afraid that both boys will startled awake from the loud voice if he yelled. "Why did you do it?"

"Do what?" Zander made a confused face.

"That talk at the ear thing!"

"Ahh!" Zander smirked. "That's my dear Carlisle, peoples call it whisper."

"I know what's it call," Carlisle face's flushed. "But, why did you do it?"

"Seriously, you need to ask?" Zander asked, amused.

Carlisle nodded eagerly, "Yes!"

"Hurmm, long story short. You just stand still here, so I thought you were waiting for me. As for whisper, well, we can't talk loudly aren't we? The boys are sleeping. Right?" Though Zander face told something different.

Carlisle opened his mouth to retort but opted to close it back. After all, the thing that Zander'd state was logical, although the reason he stand there was different. Hummed and nodded, "Yes, Mr. Hammelton."