2. lunch buddies

Keith's next lesson dragged, it was maths, Keith didn't mind maths he just didn't particular see how 'quadratic functions' would help him later on in life. He sighed for the umpteenth time and tapped his pencil on the desk, watching the clock hesitantly.

Finally the bell rang and everyone grabbed their stuff and headed out the door. Keith went straight to his locker, fiddling with the latch on it, he cursed, now he would have to carry all of his books with him.

Suddenly Lance popped out of nowhere, his smirk bigger than before.

"Need some help mullet?" Lance flicked open the empty locker with ease.

"My names Keith, but thanks." Keith grunted, shoving his books into the locker, and closing it shut, changing the combination.

"So Keith, where'd you come from exactly? Why'd you move to Maine? Did you get kicked out? Or did you drop out?" The boy quick fired.

"I'm from Florida. And yes I dropped out." Keith said sarcastically, though the first part was true.

"Alright dropout, you coming to get some lunch?" Lance walked over to his own locker and shoved his bag in, Keith spotted the pictures in the back of his locker, the people in the photos looked a lot like Lance, and there were some that Keith recognised as Lance's friends.

"You don't have to hang out with me, just cause I'm the new kid." Keith told him.

"Well I don't want to hang out with you just because you're the new kid, I want to get to know you." Lance said, his face pulled a stubborn expression and Keith had no choice but to give in. "And you did crash into me this morning." Before Keith could retort however, a girl, in their year, sauntered up to the two boys. She had brown hair, and a perky smile, she looked like someone out of a cliché teenage girls movie.

"So Lance as you know my birthday is in December and I'm having a Christmas/ New Years themed party, and I was wondering if you wanted to come?" The girl asked, completely ignoring Keith.

"But Nyma its June?" Lance scoffed, leaning against the lockers. She giggled.

"I know that, I just want to be prepared. So are you coming? Everyone else is, it's going to be so fetch." Lance looked back at Keith with a confused expression, Keith just shrugged, unsure of what 'fetch' meant, Lance turned back to Nyma.

"What date?" Lance asked her, the blue in his eyes sparkling.

"31st, I figured everyone would be back from spending Christmas with their families by then." Lance nodded, and Nyma looked exceptionally eager, as if she couldn't wait for Lance, and only Lance, to show up at her party.

"Alright I'll come, do I get to bring a plus one?" He asked.

"Yes but I cant promise she won't get bored" Nyma said with a wink before strolling off, a blush crept up onto Lance's cheeks, and he swallowed.

"You alright?" Keith asked him. Lance's face broke out into a smile once more.

"Yeah I'm fine, let's go get some food." Lance closed his locker and led Keith through the halls. "Let me see your schedule then."

"Why?" Keith asked getting it out of his bag.

"Because I want to see what lessons you have." Lance snatched the paper and skimmed it quickly. "You poor sucker." Lance muttered. "You've got Mr Alfor, but I'm in that class as well so it's all good. His room is there" Lance pointed in the direction of the classroom, Keith just nodded. "Then you've got Mrs Lacy, she's a sweet old bird, loves her History. Ah then you've got P.E. I've got practice so I won't be showing up, but just watch out for Jones, he's an ass sometimes, most of the time." They made their way to the cafeteria.

Lance hopped over to his group of friends and introduced Keith. "This is Mullet, the new kid." Lance told them.

"It's Keith." He said with a small wave.

"This is Pidge, she's the hacker sorta mini genius." Lance says punching the small girl in the shoulder lightly.

"I'm not a hacker." She says. "I just have a knack for technology."

"You hacked the school system and changed my grade" Lance said.

"But that was a dare, you know I never back down from a dare." Pidge replied, and Keith found himself liking these people more and more.

"Shiro's the captain of our basketball team. This is Hunk, he loves to cook, he's pretty good with technology too. There's Allura too, she's Shiro's girlfriend but she's doing some sort of club thing right now isn't she?" Lance asked Shiro.

"She's helping Nyma organise her party." Shiro stated, he was tall, with black hair, and quite muscular. Hunk was sat down, eating his food, Pidge had a computer out and was typing something.

"I don't know why she's doing that now, her party is months away." Lance rolled his eyes. "Girls" He said before nudging Keith. "Come on let's go get something to eat."

They got their trays of food and sat down with the rest of the group, Allura had arrived and been introduced to Keith, then she started a rant at Shiro about Nyma. Hunk was talking to Pidge about their science project. And Lance, Lance was trying to think of pick up lines, and asking Keith what he thought of them. Keith didn't feel so lonely anymore, he felt as though he'd known these people all his life.

"Are you from space? Because your body is out of this world." Lance said chuckling, pointing his fingers in Keith's direction, he laughed along with him. "Yeah that one was bad." Lance said. "So why did you move here?" Lance asked.

"Oh my dad got a promotion an they moved him to a firm here. My dads a defence lawyer." Lance nodded.

"Classy, so do you have any siblings or is it just you and your parents?" The Cuban boy tilted his head a little, Keith blushed a little.

"Oh it's just me and my dad." Keith replied. "My Mum left when I was young." Keith looked at the floor.

"Damn, that sucks, I'm sorry." Lance said.

"It's fine. It was a long one ago."

"Bath or shower?" Lance asked randomly trying to break the tension.

"What?" Keith scoffed.

"You can tell a lot by a man, if they like a bath or a shower." Keith thought for a moment.

"Shower." Keith said. "So what does that say about me?" Lance smirked.

"That you're late a lot, so you don't have time to have a bath. I mean have you ever even tried a bath bomb?" Lance asked, his face completely serious.

"No, they're for girls aren't they?" Lance looked offended.

"No they're not! I love them, they're awesome." Keith just chuckled. "When's your birthday?" Lance asked, again completely random.

"October 23, why?"

"That's ages away, I was gonna buy you a bath bomb. Oh well, guess I'll just have to remember." Lance's shrugged picking at his food.

"So what about your family? Are you an only child?" Keith wondered.

"Oh god no, I have six siblings, and they're all the devil reincarnated." Keith laughed at that, as Lance began to list them. "There's Robert and Sophia, they're both older than me, The there's the twins Maria and Mateo, they're sixteen, then Diego, then Gabriela." Lance finished.

"Woah. That's a lot, your house must always be loud." Lance nodded enthusiastically.

"Yeah it is, but Rob has moved out and Sophia's in college, so I'm the eldest at the moment." Lance chuckled again, he always seemed so happy.

The bell rang signalling the end of lunch, and the group of friends sauntered down the corridors into Mr Alfors room. Keith automatically took a seat next to Lance.

And so the class begun.

end of chapter two

i know the story isn't really that active at the moment but it will get better, i hope. thanks for reading!