27. jones round 2

The pair walked into school, their hands interlocked and swinging bewteen them, dry leaves collected on the ground outside and they smiles at each other. They were soon joined by the rest of their friends, all of whom hugged Lance and congratulated him, especially Hunk.

"Okay....b..buddy I can't...breathe" Lance said in Hunks strong grip, he relented and Lance breathed normally, smiling at his best friend as they walked through the courtyard.

"Sorry" Hunk said, smiling awkwardly, fiddling with the strap on his backpack.

"Don't worry about it, let's get to class." Lance smiles at him and took Keith's hand again as they walked to their classes. Hunk and Pidge walked off to their ICT, leaving Shiro and Lance to walk to Geography together, along with Allura and Keith, who had art class.

They all turned a corner in the hallway and Lance saw Jones with his group of friends next to his locker. Lance sighed and walked over, Keith, Allura and Shiro walked to their own lockers. He opened his locker and put his books in, getting out the ones he needed to that day, before his locker slammed shut, almost cutting his fingers off, almost.

"Seriously?" Lance said in shock and picked his bag up off the floor, sending Jones a dirty look.

"Careful" Jones said, a small smirk on his face. Lance just rolled his eyes and put the padlock on his locker, locking it shut, before Jones shoved him. "I heard you stole the scholarship"

"Stole? Do you even hear yourself? How stupid you sound?" Lance told him, and Jones snapped before lunging at him, pinning him by his neck up against the locker.

"That scholarship was mine. You took my place off the team and now this." Jones spat at him, watching as Lance could hardly breathe, he scratched at the hands around his neck, before Jones was dragged backwards onto the floor by Shiro. Lance fell to the floor and coughed, getting his breath back.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing asshole?" Shiro almost growled at him and Keith was by Lances side in an instant.

"He deserved it." Jones said his voice filled with spite.

"You could've killed him!" Shiro grabbed Jones arm, before Allura took his hand, he sighed and looked over at Lance. "Are you okay?" Shiro asked him.

"F..Fine." Lance said, his voice raspy and Keith helped him up.

"Are you sure?" Keith asked him this time and cupped his neck gently, stroking the red imprints Jones has left.

"I'm s..sure." Lance smiled a little, and Shiro and Allura walked in the direction of the principles office, Shiro gripping Jones arm.

"Do you want to do to the Nurses office?" Keith asked and handed Lance his water bottle, who took a sip.

"No, I'll be okay" Lance smiled a little and Keith hugged him, Lance hugged back and sighed.

"I'm going to fucking kill him." Keith said, malice laced his voice, Lance sighed again.

"I'm fine, I'm okay. He's probably going to get suspended anyway." Lance told him, trying to reassure his boyfriend.

"He should be expelled! It could've been worse." Keith said, Lance hugged him tighter.

"I'll walk you to your art class okay?" Keith pulled back and picked up their bags, walking in the opposite direction to his class. "Keith you're going to wrong way."

"I'm walking you to your class" Keith said, holding his hand, Lance just sighed and followed him, subtly rubbing his neck.

After school Lance picked Keith up from his house pretty late and he drove to the fun fair that was in town for the week. Lance's throat was still sore and Keith had ordered him not talk to talk unless he really needed to, and to drink lots of water.

Keith walked out of his house, his hair tied up, wearing black jeans which were ripped at the knees, a dark burgundy coloured t-shirt and a black bomber jacket. Lance smiled at him and got out of his car, sliding over the bonnet and opening Keith's door.

"You don't have to do that every time, I have hands, I can open doors." Keith smiled at him and climbed in the car.

"I know, but I want to do it anyway" Lance smiled and kisses him before closing the door and getting back in. "Put your seatbelt on, Princess" Lance smirked

"What did you just call me?" Keith asked him, putting his seatbelt on.

"Princess" Lance said, starting the car.

"Stop talking, dr-"

"Drink some water, I know" He smiled a little and drove through the town. Lances own outfit consisted of dark blue jeans, a camouflage patterned t-shirt and a navy denim jacket, his hair left at its naturally curly state. Keith smiled at Lance and opened the window a little, the breeze blowing his hair.

Lance glanced at Keith and blushed a little, he made it to the fun fair and parked where the other cars were. Keith opened his door before Lance could and smirked, taking his boyfriend's hand, they walked to the fair.

Keith's eyes widened and flowed at the lights and the crowd around them, Lance smiled at him and looked around too, the Ferris Wheel loomed above them, small stores littered about. The couple walked through the crowd and played a few games.

Keith was determined to win Lance a giant stuffed Dolphin, at the dart stall, unfortunately his aim was a little off and he only won a small teddy bear. Lance loved it anyway and thanked Keith, smiling widely.

They both saw a few people they recognised from school, but the pair ignored them and only had eyes for each other, and they eventually made their way over to the Ferris Wheel, buying the tickets, they got on.

Keith smiled as they were lifted off the ground, the wheel stopping every now and then. When they finally had their turn at the top, Keith felt as though he could see the whole town, the land stretched on for miles, the sun blinding him a little.

He felt Lances hand on his face, and Lances lips on his own. Keith melted into the kiss and took the Cubans other hand, they shuffled closer to each other, their mouths and hands connected.

It seemed like years for the two boys when the wheel moved again, and they finally broke apart,  as if they were coming up for air. They smiles at each other as the Ferris Wheel brought them closer to the ground, their hands intertwined, leaning against each other.

They walked together, talking endlessly, both of them forgetting the events of the early morning, and only thinking of each other. Keith's smiled, he hadn't been this happy in a long time.

end of chapter 27

there will be drama coming. and angst. be ready bitchachos. hope you enjoy so far :)