31. christmas trees and festivities

Keith woke up and rolled over in Lance's bed, the sun hitting his face, he groaned and shielded his eyes, rolling over again to face Lance, who was still snoring softly. Keith smiled at him and stroked his cheek gently, stirring Lance awake.

"Merry Christmas." Lance said in his husky morning voice and smiled at him.

"Merry Christmas." Keith said back and kissed him gently, Lance smiled and yawned, relishing the calming peace before-

"WAKE UP ITS CHRISTMAS!" Gabriella came running into the room and jumped onto the bed. Lance groaned and pulled, with great difficulty, the blanket over his head, Keith just chuckled, until she started jumping and singing loudly. "We wish you a merry Christmas! We wish you a merry Christmas! We wish you a merry Christmaaaaassss! AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

"Gab please, go and wake up Maria or Mateo" Lance groaned and Gabriella jumped on him and hugged her blanket covered brother.

"Merry Christmas Lance." She said.

"Merry Christmas Princess." He said, removing his head from the blanket to smiled at her, though irritated she'd come in his room and yelled her head off.

"You've got stockings, Keef has one too" She smiled and crawled to the edge of the bed, pulling them onto the bed. "He's got the red one, Lance you have the rudolph one"

"That's great, why don't you go and wake up the others?" Lance asked hopefully.

"Okay" She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and ran out of the room and across the hall. Keith smiled at him and yawned, sitting up, he felt Lance's hands wrap around his waist and pulls him closer.

"Your Mom didn't have to get me a stocking, I would've been fine without one." Keith told him and wrapped his arms over Lance's.

"She does it every year, for every guest, especially gorgeous ones" Lance said, and smiles at him, Keith blushed and rolled his eyes.

"I'm not gorgeous..." The Korean replied.

"Yeah you are"

"No I'm not."

"You are to me." Lance said and Keith sighed, eventually giving in and smiling.

Lance yawned and slowly sat up, leaning against Keith. Keith smiled and kissed his cheek. "Come on Keef, lets open them." Lance smirked a little and dragged the stockings towards them.

There was one Christmas rule in the McClain household: Always clean your wrapping paper away. Though no one ever followed this rule completely, Rosa had to remind herself that it was Christmas and a time for joy and celebration, and not to get annoyed at the growing pile of paper on the floor.

Lance picked up a wrapped average sized box and placed it on Keith's lap. Keith smiled at him raised his eyebrow.

"Is this for me?" He asked his boyfriend.

"Yeah." Lance smiled at him as Keith began to tore apart the wrapping paper, revealing a new sketch book, Keith's old sketchbook was practically breaking apart by the many pages he'd ripped from it, and a set of brushes, Keith smiled "Do you like it? I don't know if it was the right one to get but i figured you needed a new book because your old one was breaking..." Keith smiled wider and leapt at Lance, hugging him tightly.

"I love it, it's perfect, thank you." Keith smiled at him and kissed him, causing Lance to blush slightly but smile nonetheless.

Suddenly a package hit Lance in the head and he groaned turning in the direction of where it had come from. Mateo grinned at him and Lance glared back.

"Stop making out and open your present, that's from Mama" Mateo told him and Lances face grew into a smile before he opened the soft package, inside was a dark blue hoodie with the UCLA logo in yellow on the front, Lance smiled at his mother.

"You said you were running out of jumpers that fit you, and with you going to college next year I thought you'd need this." Rosa smiles at him and Lance smiled back.

"I love it, thank you." Lance said with a happy sigh, placing his gift next to him. After the presents where given out everyone had something to eat. And 'something' means a huge Christmas breakfast of waffles and pancakes with syrup on top. Then the wrapping paper was cleaned away.

Sophia left to go and see her boyfriend, Robert was coming over at 2 with his Fiancé for Christmas lunch and Keith was leaving to be with his Dad, much to Lance's disappointment.

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" Keith told him as he kissed him goodbye. Lance smiled into the kiss, his insides warming up once again everytime that Keith kissed him.

"Okay." Lance said and kissed him again, Keith smiled and got on his bike, waving goodbye before pulling his helmet on. "Drive safe!" Lance told him as Keith drove off, Lance sighed and hugged himself in the doorway, the cold biting at his exposed ankles and finger tips.

As he watched his boyfriend leave, the smile that crept up on his face wavered a little, he cares about Keith so much it almost hurt. He knew that the doubt Keith, or anyone, may not feel the same, or may change their feelings, would always be there.

But for now Lance smiled, shivering a little, watching the snow fall from the doorstep until his mother called him back inside and he reluctantly walked back in, closing the door behind him, shutting out the bitter cold.

end of chapter 31

sorry it's super late i have exams next week and i'm going to have a break down.
also sorry it's super short i'm just getting to the drama and these are kind of filler chapters but still, hope you enjoy!