23. zombie make-up

October was almost over, the Halloween decorations were up and the costumes were bought. Like every year, Nyma was holding a party, all the while still organising her New Years one which was supposedly going to be her biggest party yet.

The Halloween bash, on the day before Halloween, however was still pretty wild, teenagers everywhere, the famous red plastic cups distributed between them. Keith, Hunk and Pidge had gone too, of course, they had all been Shiro, Allura and Lances plus ones, even if Nyma had no idea they existed.

They had all come dressed up, their costumes alternating each year, Keith had been informed of this tradition, but hadn't exactly put much effort into his costume, wearing all black and just a pair of vampire fangs. Lance however had rocked up in full zombie: make-up, ripped clothes, even spiked his hair up, and Keith still thought he was adorable.

Shiro was Frankenstein, but with casual clothes, he hadn't really bothered either. Allura, like Lance, had dressed up completely, and wore a full mummy costume, bandages and everything, her white hair tied up in a small messy bun at the back of her head.

Hunk had bought a werewolf costume and had worn a large Hawaiian print T-Shirt over the top for a comical effect. Pidge had worn a dark black cloak, and donned herself as a Dementor from Harry Potter.

As usual they all found a spot in Nyma's grand house and hung out like they always did, except with more alcohol and more music. Lance made sure his guitar was in his car and brought it inside, he'd had it for as long as he could remember, as it used to be Roberts.

He strummed the guitar as the blasting music around them seemed to edge away, he started of with a fast song, singing Shut Up And Dance With Me, which everyone joined in to. Then he sang Despacito, completely nailing the Spanish, making Keith blush slightly as he sipped from his cup.

Hours later the party was still in full swing and Lance went to go and get everyone refills from the kitchen, bumping into someone in the way.

"Jones." Lance said sharply, moving past him and finding some clean cups.

"McClain." Jones said in return, and just scowled.

"What? That's it, no punches, no insults?" Lance asked him and poured some drinks. Jones didn't answer just turned around and walked in the other direction, Lance followed him with his gaze through the crowd and saw him talking to Nyma. Lance scoffed, they deserve each other.

He picked up the drinks and walked back through the mass of drunk 17 year olds, back to the corner where everyone was sat, well Pidge had already passed out. Keith had lost his fangs and Shiro had lost one of his bolts on the side of his neck.

"Lightweight." Lance sniggered at Pidge and sat down next to Keith, handing him his drink.

"Thank you." He smiled at him and leaned on his boyfriend, who picked his guitar back up and started to play What A Wonderful World gently.

"I see trees of green, red roses too. I see them bloom for me and you and I think to myself what a wonderful world"

Keith smiled and closed his eyes, listening to Lance singing, even with the loud music around them, Lance still sounded beautiful.

"I see skies of blue and clouds of white. The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night. And I think to myself what a wonderful world"

Shiro and Allura were too busy kissing to listen and Hunk was off talking to some girl named Shay who was new on the basketball team.

"The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky, are also on the faces of people going by I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do they're really saying I love you"

He hadn't noticed that the singing had stopped until he felt a pair of lips against his own, Keith smiled again and kissed back, cupping Lances face.

"I love you." Lance whispered, and Keith opened his eyes, and smiled softly at him, and kissed him again.

"I love you too." Keith smiled even more and leaned against Lance as he finished the song, blushing slightly.

"I hear babies crying, I watch them grow, they'll learn much more than I'll never know. And I think to myself what a wonderful world." Lance smiled at Keith and kissed the top of his head. "Yes I think to myself, what a wonderful world" Lance smiled and strummed the guitar strings slowly.

"How about we leave this shindig? That's a funny word, shindig, ssshhhiiiinnndddiiggg" Allura interrupted drunkenly, giggling slightly. Shiro just smiled at her and shook his head a little.

"I'm gonna take her home." Shiro sighed, smiling a little. "Her Dad's gonna be pissed at me."

"You can handle him" Lance said reassuringly.

Lance and Shiro had both only drink one beer each, being the designated drivers. The Cuban went to go and find Hunk who was sat on the counter talking with Shay, until Lance pulled him away, after they exchanged numbers. Shiro picked Pidge up and they followed him out Nyma's house, Allura and Pidge with Shiro, Hunk and Keith with Lance.

Lance dropped Hunk off first.

"Call her tomorrow, not too early not too late." Lance winked at him, Hunk rolled his eyes but the blush was evident on his cheeks as he walked into his house. They drove back to Keith's and Lance opened the door for him, Keith smiled and took Lances hand, pulling him inside, closing the door and kissing him.

Lance kissed back and Keith led the way to his room, kissing each other passionately, the sparks that flew between them traveled through their tongues. Keith backed onto the bed and pulled his shirt off with one swift move, before pulling Lance back down for another kiss, pulling him into the bed.

"My Dad isn't home." He whispered into the kiss, and Lance kissed back.

"Mhm" Lance said into the kiss.

"So do you want to make use of the empty house?" Keith smirked a little and blushed.

"Do you?" Lance replied, equally blushing.

"I would like to, but if you don't want to that's completely fine" Keith smiled at his boyfriend.

"No I do. Are you sure?" Lance asked him again, Keith nodded and tugged his ripped shirt down, kissing Lance. He kissed back, his hands sliding down Keith's body.

"Are you sure?" Keith asked him.

"I'm sure" Lance smiled and kissed him again, pulling off his shirt and Keith moved his hands over Lances body, kissing his scar before kissing him again, his hands wrapped behind the back of Lances neck.

He kissed back and soon enough their costumes were quickly discarded on the floor, their limbs tangled together as Lance was determined to kiss every square inch of Keith's body, his zombie make-up now completely wiped clean, most of it now imprinted on Keith's skin.

end of chapter 23

owo. i apologise to some of you for the lack of smut, BUT it wasn't exactly relevant to the plot line and this isn't a smut book. (if you would like to read smut please click on my profile here: @bithewaythenamelance and read my smut book)

however I did get it up on Friday and I said it was going to be a Monday (i kind of Mission Impossibled my phone back) anyway hope you enjoyed!