21. him, again

21 pilots
hehe
-

"Keith?" The couple heard a voice and broke their kiss, turning their heads towards it. Lance saw a boy about their age, maybe a little older, he had dark skin like melted chocolate, and curly black hair. Keith froze a little and stared at him.

"Johnny? What are you doing here?" Keith said, and subtly shuffled closer to Lance, who put his arm around Keith.

"Oh my Aunt lives here, I'm just visiting her." Johnny said breezily as if he didn't notice the heavy awkwardness that fell thick in the air.

"Great" Keith said, even though this situation was anything but great.

"Is this you're new boyfriend?" Johnny crossed his arms, trying to look tall, even though it was obvious that Lance was almost a head taller than him.

"Yeah this is Lance" Keith said and smirked a little, as if he was proud to call Lance his boyfriend, which made Lance smile.

"Pleasure." Lance said to him, with no real conviction or meaning in his voice. "We better get going Babe, we've got everything we need." Lance said, not keeping his eyes off of Johnny, in spite of the situation Keith could've almost laughed at Lance's ability to become so protective all of a sudden. They put the toys back and began to steer the trolley back down the aisle.

"It was nice seeing you Keith." Johnny said with a sigh, looking after them.

"He wishes he could say the same." Lance snapped and carried on walking down the aisles to the checkout, not looking back once. They bought all the shopping and carried the bags outside. "So that was Johnny? 'Crazy-Ex-Johnny'?" Lance asked.

"Yep" Keith nodded and walked with Lance to the car, Lance squeezed his hand in reassurance.

"What a jerk. Can I go and beat him up?" Lance asked with all seriousness, though smirking a little at the edges of his mouth, showing Keith his dimples.

"No." Keith chuckled. "He's not worth your pretty little knuckles." Keith smiled at him and unlinked their hands, getting in the car, Lance got in too.

"You think they're little?" Lance fake pouted and started the car.

"They're cute, you have cute hands" Keith took Lances hand in his own, threading they're fingers together, and Lance beamed at him, blushing a little. Keith kissed his hand and they drove off.

They drove back to Lances house and dropped off the shopping before leaving the house once more and walking up the hill, they're hands swinging between them.

"Your birthday is coming up soon" Lance stated. "What date was it again?"

"The 23rd" Keith smiled "But you don't have to get me anything."

"Of course I do, what do you want?" Lance asked as they reached the summit of the hill, sat down on the damp grass and huddled together for warmth.

"I don't want anything, it's fine really." Keith smiled up at him.

"I'll think of something." Lance smirked and looked out onto the view. "I didn't forget about the bath bombs." He smiled "But i'll get you something else as well" Keith smiled at his boyfriend and kissed him on the cheek, to which he blushed and turned to face Keith, kissing him again. Lance cupped Keith's face and Keith crawled onto his lap, causing Lance to blush again.

"Sorry is this not okay?" Keith asked, ready to stop if Lance was uncomfortable with anything.

"No it's fine." Lance said smiling, and pulled him in for another kiss, Keith happily obliged, wrapping his legs around Lance. He slipped his tongue into Lances mouth as they both kissed equally.

Lance ran his hands through Keith's hair and kissed him passionately, Keith returned the kiss and leaned forward so he was laying down on top of Lance, kissing him, as they both smiled.

"I'm so proud of you." Keith smiled at him, and rested his head on Lances chest.

"Why?" Lance smiled back and played with Keith's hair, twisting it in his fingers, finding the small braid that Maria had created, he smiled as he realised Keith had left it in on purpose.

"Because, you were badass in that courtroom, even more badass than my Dad." Keith smiled.

"I'm the badass-est, of courtrooms." Lance stated proudly.

"Are you joking?" Keith scoffed and chuckled, Lance smiled at him. "Badass-est? I don't think that's a word."

"Well it is now, I made it up." Lance wrapped his arms around Keith and kisses the top of his head.

"You're really comfy." Keith said.

"I'll take that as a compliment" Lance told him, smiling.

"You should, it's good boyfriend material, being comfy." Keith smirked up at him.

"You know, my back is completely soaked right now and it's all your fault."

"Nope it's not." Keith sat up and pulled Lance with him, linking their arms.

"No it's not." Lance agreed and they looked out onto the view once more. "I'm from Cuba, did you know that?"

"I had an idea of some place where they spoke Spanish." Keith smiled.

"Yeah, we moved her when I was four. It was amazing there. I went to the beach everyday and learned how to surf. And then I came here." Lance sighed, but smiled a little. "And I met Hunk, we went to kindergarten together, and we've been friends ever since." He smiled.

"And you're just friends right?" Keith asked, a tinge of jealousy on his tongue.

"What? Yes of course. No ew, just no. Me and Hunk are like brothers. And I've got you" Lance smiled at him and squeezed his hand. "But Hunk is kinda cute." Lance smirked

"Seriously?" Keith punched him in the arm.

"Ow! That hurt. I was only joking." Lanve chuckled uneasily. "Why are you jealous?" He smirked again.

"Just shut up." Keith rolled his eyes.

"Make me." Lance said, smiling mischievously.

And so he did.

end of chapter 21

this chapter is kinda short sorry about that but it's early! so that's something.

hope you all have an amazing week, thanks for reading x