34. where is he?

yeet buckle up bois
-

Keith pushed the girl off him, and wiped his mouth, almost spitting.

"What the fuck are you doing?" He shouted over the music at her. She just smirked and smiled smugly at him and walked off, she grabbed Nymas arm and they walked outside the backdoor. Keith growled and sighed, and looked in his cup, sighing again. He looked through his bag and brought out a bottle of water, when Allura walked over to him.

"Hey" Allura said and sat down next to him. "Where's Lance, I want to dance." She chuckled a little. "That rhymes." Keith smiled at her.

"He went out to get his phone but he missed the New Years kiss thing." Keith said with a sigh, he bit his lip and looked around the party.

"Why was that girl kissing you?" Allura asked. Keith sighed. "Don't worry I wont tell Lance, but you should"

"I didn't want her to, some guy pushed her into my lap, I think it was Jones, and then she kissed me and walked off with Nyma" Keith told her, and even in her slightly drunken state, Allura raised an eyebrow.

"I'm gonna go talk to Nyma, i'll be right back" She said, and walked off, leaving Keith to drink the rest of his water. He soon realised Lance was taking longer than he needed to get his phone and got up to walk outside.

The air was cold and hit Keith as soon as he stepped outside, the snow was falling heavily and the ground was slippery, Keith hugged himself, trying to stop the cold from affecting him. The weather report had been right and it looked as if the snow showed no signs of stopping.

Keith looked to where his bike was, or where his bike should've been and froze. Did Lance take his bike? Why? He was drunk. Keith got out his own phone and called Lance's number, hearing a soft ring on the ground, Keith looked down and saw Lances phone.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck

Keith picked it up and sped back inside, slipping slightly on the porch, to grab his bag, Shiro was sat next to it, drinking some water to sober himself up.

"Hey Keith... what's wrong?" Shiro asked him, as he saw the worry etched onto Keith's face.

"Lance has got my bike and he's drunk off his ass, and he doesn't have his phone so I don't know where he is." Keith said, his voice going into a panicky pitch. "What if he's hurt? What if he gets arrested for drink driving? What if-"

"Keith slow down, I'm sure Lance will be okay, but panicking won't do anyone any good. I'll get Allura and we'll drive around looking for him, he can't have gone too far" Shrio told him, cutting him off.

"Mhm... okay" Keith said, walking back outside again and sitting on the cold sidewalk, while Shiro went off to find Allura. Allura came and sat next to Keith, Shiro's jacket around her shoulders, drinking the bottle of water that Shiro had given her.

"He'll be okay, he once drove his skateboard down a ramp and did a flip whilst drunk" She told him, in an attempt to reassure Keith. It didn't work. Shiro took her hand and walked her to the car, Keith followed behind and sat in the front seat, and Shiro put Allura in the backseat.

"We'll find him, don't worry" Shiro said, putting his seatbelt on and driving off. Keith ignored him, he's going to worry until Lance is right in front of him and okay. He doubted that would happen, but brushed off the thought, they would find Lance, he'll be okay.

"Nyma said that she wanted to make Lance upset" Allura said, still slightly drunk. "It was her friend who kissed you."

"Wait. Lance saw the kiss?" Keith turned to Allura, who was half sat up and half looked like she was about to fall down, the seatbelt stopping her.

"Yeah... she said he ran out and that she tried to run after him but he'd already gotten on the bike. I think she likes him" Allura told them. "Which is stupid because he's with you" She sighed.

Keith felt mortified with himself, and even more worried for Lance. Because he was now drunk, riding a motorbike in the snow, and upset. Keith clenched his fists in an attempt to calm his nerves, fingernails dug into his palms and he was barely aware of the pain.

As Shiro drive around Keith looked out the window, desperate to find Lance. But there was no sign of him. Allura had fallen asleep and was curled up in the back seat with Shiros jacket. Keith sighed and got his phone out.

"I'm gonna call Hunk, maybe he can drive around too." Keith said dialling Hunks number, biting his bottom lip as he waited for Hunk to pick up.

"Hey Keith happy new year!" Hunk said over the phone, Keith sighed.

"Yeah happy new year. Lance is missing and he's drunk and he's got my bike. Shiro and I are driving around looking for him do you think you and Pidge could do the same? Cover more ground and maybe we can find him quicker?" Keith suggested.

"Uh yeah of course, we'll find him don't worry." Hunk tried to reassure him but Keith just mumbled a small 'yeah' and ended the call. Keith clenched his fists again, still there was no sign of Lance, and as Shiro had to drive slow because of the weather, it could take a while before they found him.

"You should call Lance's mom, or his sister." Shiro told him, and Keith looked at Shiro before sighing, he knew he had to but he didn't want to, Sophia would probably kill him, as would Rosa. And he didn't want to let them down or admit to himself that Lance was missing or hurt, but he had to do it.

"Fine" Keith said after a while and picked up Lances phone, calling Sophia's number.

"Hey little bro, what's up?" Sophia asked into the phone and Keith contemplated ending the call right then and not saying anything.

"It's not Lance, it's Keith." Keith admitted and bit his lip, he could her how loud his own breathing was and he hated it, it made him feel even more anxious.

"Oh, hey Keith, what's up?" Sophia asked him, wondering why her brothers boyfriend was calling her from her brothers phone. Keith took a deep breathe and sighed.

"Lance is missing." He told her before Sophia erupted into a spew of perfectly pronunciated Spanish shouting, directed at Keith.

end of chapter 34

sorry this is late I'm on day 3 of Exams™️ and i want death.

what do y'all think is gonna happen to Lance, or has happened to Lance (though i think it's pretty obvious)