13. skating

It had been over a three weeks since Jones had beaten Lance up, for the first time, after that he luckily only punched him in the stomach than the face, that way he could cover it up. Lance sighed and bit back a wince as he dabbed (()) the green bruise on the side of his chest. His phone bleeped and he picked it up, answering the call.

"Hey" Lance said, putting the phone on speaker and pulling on a shirt. "You alright babe?" He asked Keith.

"You doing anything?" His boyfriend asked him. "I'm bored and so is everyone else, we were gonna go roller skating, wanna join?" Lance chuckled, hiding a wince.

"I'd love too, what time?" Lance asked ignoring the pile of homework on his desk.

"In half an hour." Keith told him Lance packed away his small first aid kit and pulled on his trainers, he picked the phone up again.

"Could I come over? And then we could meet the others there?" He asked grabbing his jacket, holding the phone under his chin as he put it on. Keith flicked a pencil off his desk, he'd only done half of his own homework and he was frankly extremely bored.

"Yeah of course." Keith said, and he got up and started to tidy his room again. Moving one of the many boxes he still hadn't unpacked.

"Okay I'll see you in a bit." Lance got in his truck and started driving, though it was only October, Lance had to close the window as the cold wind hit him in the face, he swerved a little as he did, the road already being a little bit slippery with rain. He got to Keith's house and pulled in the drive. Keith's Dad opened the door, or what Lance assumed was Keith's Dad, Lance had never met the guy.

"You must be Lance." His Dad said leaning against the door, his loose tie swaying a little in the breeze. The man smiled and opened the door wider.

"It's nice to meet you Mr Kogane." Lance said holding out his hand which he shook. "Um thanks for all you're doing about my dad and all." Lance said.

"It's the least I could do, come in, Keith's in his room." Lance thanked him and walked up the stairs, walking to the first door and strolling on in. Keith stood in the middle of the room, topless, and he turned around at the sound of the door, blushing.

"Hey" Keith said grabbing his T-Shirt and putting it on. "You could've knocked." He smiled.

"Come on it's not like you were naked or anything." Lance smirked sitting on Keith's bed, Keith's phone vibrated and Lance pocked it up. "Hello this is Lance, Keith's boyfriend, how can I help you?" He said as Keith tried to grab the phone back.

"Boyfriend? Wha- is Keith there I need to talk to him?" Said the person on the other end.

"Depends who is this?" Lance asked.

"Johnny." The voice said. "Is he there?" Lance put his hand over the phone.

"Who's Johnny?" Lance asked Keith, who paled a little, Lance noticed this and put the phone back to his ear. "Sorry he cant talk to you right now, goodbye." Lance ended the call and put the phone aside. "Who's Johnny?" He asked again.

"My crazy ex." Keith said simply, "I don't know how he got my number." He shrugged.

"Any other crazy exes I should know about?" Lance chuckled trying to lighten the mood, Keith shook his head, Lance shuffled next to him and put his arm round him. "Why is this Johnny guy crazy anyway?" Lance asked.

"He kind of stalked me after he cheated on me with a girl, it's partly why me and my dad moved away." Keith told him, Lance slid his hand into Keith's and gave it a small squeeze.

"If he ever bothers you again, you'll tell me right?" Keith nodded and leaned into his boyfriend, they both sighed. Lance's phone started to ring and he picked it up. "Yeah we're on our way now." Lance ended the call and stood up, pulling Keith with him and grabbing Keith's jacket, pulling it around the black haired boy, they both walked down the stairs and Lance called out."Mr Kogane? Is it okay if I take Keith out for a while?"

"Lance you don't have did to ask that." Keith mumbled, Keith's Dad just smiled and nodded. Lance got in his car and drove to the Roller-Skating Rink where everyone was waiting outside.

"Were you two too busy fucking to get your butts here?" Pidge smirked and Lance and Keith both went bright red.

"Pidge!" Said Shiro and rolled his eyes, walking Allura inside as everyone else followed.

"What? They could've been" She shrugged.

"Well we weren't." Keith snapped, pulling Lance to the Skate Hire station. "What size are you?" He asked him and they got there skates and headed out onto the ring. Lance spun a little as Keith held onto the barrier. "Nope I'm not doing this" He told Lance as he nearly fell. Lance glided up to him.

"Hold my hands, we'll do it together." Lance pulled Keith onto the rink, slowly skating backwards.

"How are you so good at everything?" Keith asked him, falling into his arms as he slipped again. Lance laughed and helped him up, skating next to him, slowing down a little. Pidge zoomed passed them with her tongue out, Hunk was staring at his feet, trying not to fall. Allura was just as graceful as Lance, skating circles around Shiro, who was, like Keith, trying not to fall.

"A lot of practice." He smiled, then stopped smiling as Pidge collided with the couple, sending them sprawling. "Ow!" Lance fell flat on his back, Keith on top of him. "Pidge!" Lance groaned loudly as Keith scrambled off him, pulling him and Pidge up.

"You guys were going slow it's not my fault." She shrugged and skated off. Lance grunted as Keith pulled him up.

"I'm gonna take a break." He said and skated off the rink biting his lip, Keith followed him. Lance shrugged his skates off rubbing his stomach gently.

"I'm not that heavy am I?" Keith smiled. "Let me see, you probably won't even bruise." Keith tried to pull up Lances T-Shirt but he pushed him off.

"I'm fine, you don't need to see." Lance said quickly. But Keith was persistent, partly because he had another excuse to look at Lances chest, and partly because Lance was so determined for Keith not to see.

"Why not?" He smirked and yanked his shirt up, Lance tried to pull it back down but not before Keith saw the large purple bruises covering Lances stomach. "Who did that?" He asked angrily. Lance just looked down, wondering how he would explain himself.

end of chapter 13

sorry I haven't updated in ages, my mum took my phone off me, but I've got it back x