10. where the fuck

Keith woke up on the harsh hospital bed, Lance awake next to him, munching on some toast, he squinted his eyes in the sun that peered through the bland blinds. Lance smiled down at him, handing him a buttered slice.

"Morning. You sleep like the dead, snoring your head off." Lance chuckled , Keith sat up scowling at him, taking the toast, biting it drowsily. "Someone is definitely not a morning person." Lance definitely more cheerful, he had a big smile on his face, and the bags under his eyes had faded "they said I can go home today, they just wanted to keep me overnight for observation, but I should be fine." He shrugged.

"That's good." Keith yawned, eating half of Lance's breakfast.

"Did my brother say anything to you?" Lance asked, while ruffling his hair up.

"No. Well, my dad is now your family's lawyer." Keith stated, rubbing his eyes until he saw spots.

"Oh." Lance thought about what this meant, taking his dad to court, what if they didn't win the case? What then?

"We should tell the others." Keith said after a while.

"About what, us?"

"Well Yeah But also all this, you being in the hospital, y..your dad." Lance's face fell, and he dropped his food.

"I guess, but I don't want them to see me differently. They'll think I'm weak." Keith rolled his eyes.

"How could you even think that? They're your friends, and they'll love you no matter what. Now eat your toast, I'm going to call my dad." Keith tutted, he got up, but Lance was quicker and grabbed his hand, pulling him back into a kiss.

"Tell your Dad I said hi." Lance hummed, Keith blushed and strolled out of the room. Lance had his own phone call to make, and unlocked his phone. As soon as he did a thousand missed calls popped up from Shiro and Pidge, a few From Hunk and even some from Allura. "I better call them back." Lance chuckled to himself. He rang Shiro first.

"Hey Shiro it's me, ya boi." Lance giggled.

"Lance where have you been, neither you or Keith messaged on the group chat last night, we got out results to the end of year tests, we wanted to know how Keith did, were you with Keith? What did you two do, together?" Lance called almost hear his smirk.

"Yes we were together, but well it's complicated, I'm in the hospital." Lance grit his teeth.

"Wait what? What happened? Why didn't you call us! I'm on my way right now, Allura is with me. I'll ring the others." Shiro ended the call. Lance decided to call Pidge, as she would probably be more rational than Shiro.

"Hey Gremlin." Lance said when she picked up the phone.

"Why hello stranger where have you and Keith been, oh wait Shiro is calling me." Pidge said.

"Don't answer it, he's just going to say that I'm in the hospital." Lance said.

"Why the fuck are you in the hospital? Did you do drugs? Did Keith let you do drugs?" Lance gave a hollow laugh.

"No, nothing like that, it was ugh my dad." Lance took a deep breath.

"What do you mean 'It's was ugh my dad' ? What did he do."

"Look just come to the hospital and bring Hunk, that is if Shiro hasn't called him yet." Lance heard Pidge mumble an okay before ending the call. He sighed and led back down again, his head pounding.

He woke up to mumbling and arguing, everyone around him, Keith and Shiro shouting at each other Pidge and Allura talking softly and Hunk sat next to him.

"Hey buddy." Hunk smiled at him.

"Guys he's awake can you stop arguing now!" Allura shouted at the boys, louder than both of them. Keith backed away first coming to sit next to Lance.

"How long was I asleep for, you guys could've woken me up." Lance muttered, rubbing his eyes and sitting up. "And why were you arguing?"

"It's nothing Lance, forget about it." Keith said, his accent coming through.

"Was that, Texan?" Pidge spluttered. "Are you Texan Keith?" She smirked mischievously.

"Kinda." He shrugged.

"It's not nothing. Why where you shouting at him Shiro?" Shiro hadn't spoken, his arms were folded, his mouth turned into a frown.

"Keith wouldn't tell me why you were here."

"Cause it's Lance's choice! He's awake now so he can tell you himself." Keith sighed, and Lance grabbed his hand.

"Thank you Keef." Lance smirked, Keith fake scowled at him.

"So? Are you going to tell us?" Hunk asked, his expression worried.

"Uh well um, it was uh, my ugh dad." Lance sighed, Keith squeezed his hand. "He got uh, drunk, and mad and let me tell you from past experience those are not a good combination when it comes to my father." Lance cracked a small smile. "Ugh well I told him about me, being uh bi, sort of, I told my mum and he over heard, and then we'll..." he pointed to his head. "He got mad."

"What do you mean by past experience?" Hunk asked. Lance pulled down the corner of his T-shirt, showing them the white crackle scars. They all gasped. "But you've had that since you were-"

"Twelve, I know. It's only happened twice."

"Once is enough." Shiro said, with a slight growl. "How could you not tell us Lance, we could've helped you."

"How? How could you have helped me. Look Shiro, I don't want to argue, it's over I'm fine, he's gone, Keith's Dad is helping us 'get justice' or whatever." Lance shrugged. "Oh yeah and Keith, will you go out with me?" Keith froze, his cheeks going bright red, no one else heard that right?

"What?" Keith asked.

"Well seeing as everyone needs to know my business. Me and Keith kissed, on my roof, yesterday, and I'm now asking if he wants to be my boyfriend, is that okay with you Shiro? Just making sure seeing as I need your permission." Lance smiled smugly, and even Shiro tried not to laugh, Hunk burst out laughing.

"I approve." Shiro said, with a smile.

"Good. So Keith? Will you." Lance stroked his hand with his thumb.

"Um okay." Keith blushed harder.

"Okay can I leave now? I'm getting bored of hospitals." Everyone chuckled at that, even Allura.

end of chapter ten

sorry it's late x