33. driving into new years

Lance combed his fingers through his hair one last time before leaving his room and walking downstairs.

"Looking sharp little bro." Sophia told him and ruffled his hair, Lance glared at her and she just chuckled at her younger brother.

"Are you kidding me right now?" He ran his fingers through his hair again in an desperate attempt to fix the curls that his sister had caused.

"You look great don't worry." She told him with a warm smiles as he put on his smart trainers. Keith was picking him up on his bike in about ten minutes so he waited in the living room while Gabriella and Diego played at his feet before their mother told them it was time for bed. There was a knock at the door and Sophia got there before Lance, who groaned in annoyance.

"Hey Keith, you look great." She said in a happy tone.

"Thanks" He smiled a little, fidgeting with his thick black jacket.

"But seriously, if you ever break Lance's heart, I will kill you." She said, and smiles again. "Have a fun night."

"Okay, that's enough, leave my boyfriend alone" Lance said pushing Sophia away and walking out, shutting the door in her face, before taking Keith's hand. "Sorry about that." He said with a roll of his eyes, the winter breeze blowing around them.

"It's okay" Keith smiled and shivered a little as they got onto his bike. "It's supposed to snow again tonight so we'll have to be careful coming back."

"Okay" Lance said and got on the bike too, wrapping his arms around Keith's waist and resting his head on his boyfriends back. Keith drove off and twenty minutes later they arrived at Nyma's house, the party in full swing, people outside, inside, making out, dancing just everything was loud and bright.

Lance smiled and got off the bike, taking his helmet off, he put his scarf, hat and phone under the bike seat and Keith locked it and took Lance's hand as they walked into the party.

They drifted through everyone and got themselves one drink, Keith promised himself only one because he was driving and by the end of the night he probably would be sober again. Lance grabbed his drink and walked to find his friends.

"Hey" Allura smiled at them. "I think this is her best party yet." She told them.

"Yeah well you helped plan it." Shiro told her, smiling at her. Lance downed his drink and grabbed Allura's hand.

"Dance with me because Keith isn't going to." Lance winked at Keith and walked onto the dance floor which was completely crowded but Lance made room and Allura danced with him. Keith sighed and smiled, sitting down next to Shiro. Pidge hadn't come because she was on a vacation with her family, and Hunk was spending the evening with Shay at a fireworks festival.

Keith dipped his drink and watched as his boyfriend danced gracefully, his hips swaying to the music, his short blue top revealed his v-lines, the tight ripped jeans just below them. He smiled at Lance and blushed slightly, glaring at anyone who got to close to him. He glanced at Shiro, noticing that he was doing the same at anyone who got close to Allura.

Eventually the two made their way to the kitchen and got some more drinks, returning back to Keith and Shiro and drinking them. Allura day on Shiro's lap, her legs wrapped around him, kissing him.

Lance smirked at Keith and drank the rest of his drink, hooking the Koreans chin, Lance planted a kiss on his mouth. The kiss bloomed to passionate kissing, mostly on Lances part, who smirked into the kiss, and climbed onto Keith's lap, spreading his legs either side of him, his jeans stretching comfortably around Lances thighs.

Keith almost died there and then. Keith blushed hardcore when Lance started to attack his neck with kisses, sucking he skin gently, causing Keith to arch his neck back and bite his lip as Lances tongue travelled down his skin, creating hickeys on his neck"

"That's going to leave a mark in the morning" His drunk boyfriend told him, giggling a little, Keith wasn't complaining. He rolled his eyes and kissed Lances forehead, Lance smiled and leaned against him.

"It's 5 minutes to midnight, am I going to get a new years kiss?" Keith asked Lane who looked at him and kissed him again, before crawling off of his lap, making Keith let out a disappointed whine before Lance kissed him again.

"I'll be right back I'm just getting my phone, I want to take a picture when we kiss" Lance smiled and held his hand out. "Keys please" Keith reluctantly handed the keys over and sighed. Lance left the party and walked outside over to Keiths bike, unlocking the seat part he got his phone out and locked the seat again, turning his phone on, he noticed how it was snowing heavily now and smiled.

Keith waited inside, looking into his empty cup, he sighed and looked at the clock, 2 more minutes and it will be new year. 'Yay' he thought sarcastically, another year, what's the big deal, he thought. At least he would have Lance by his side, when they graduate, when they go to college, when they move out...? He hoped so anyway.

Lance wondered back inside looking at his phone as everyone started to count down, he tried to get through the mass of people, which was proving to be difficult as they were all dancing.

10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1

"Happy new year!" Somone shouted. Lance pushed through and saw Keith through the crowd, thinking he would be alone, he wasn't.

Sat on his lap, where Lance had been no less than five minutes ago, was a girl, a pretty, beautiful girl, her lips locked onto Keith's and it looked like he was enjoying it and kissed back.

Lances world stopped, he grabbed the nearest bottle of alcohol he could find, drank most of it, and walked out, climbing onto Keith's bike and driving away, wiping the tears that never stopped falling.

end of chapter 33

yeet.