11. result

Lance was now out of hospital, the group would be heading back to school in a week, and Keith was on his way home to find the results of his end of year exams waiting for him. Keith unlocked the door to his house, throwing his bag on the sofa.

"Don't leave that there Keith." His dad said over the top of his paper work. "I don't have time to move it." Keith did as he was told and walked over to the table where his dad sat.

"Is that Lance's case?" Keith asked curiously, sitting down.

"Yes, now be quiet I'm working." His dad said.

"What do you think will happen to his dad?" Keith asked, trying to look at the multiple papers, but his dad snatched them back.

"It depends how good his lawyer is, if Lance testified, we could be looking at a few months, maybe years, if he doesn't then maybe community service, and that could be anything." He sighed.

"So we need Lance to testify against his dad." Keith asked.

"Yeah, if he's willing to. Oh a letter came for you this morning, it's on the kitchen side." Keith walked over to where his dad gestured, and picked up the small envelope.

"It's from the school." Keith said, but his dad wasn't listening. He ripped open the paper to see his mock exam results, his eyes skimmed the paper until he found RE. Keith grabbed his bag and ran outside, slamming the door behind him, not before he heard his dad groan. Keith jumped on his bike and raced all the way to Lance's house.

Dumping the bike down Keith grabbed a couple of pebbles and threw them at Lance's window. "You have a phone for a reason you know." He heard Lance grumble. Keith picked up a bigger stone and threw that at the window. "Did you just throw your phone at my window?" Keith chuckled, and Lance opened the window, popping his head out.

"Hey." Keith said.

"Hey, do you want to come up?" Lance raised his eyebrow. "What is it? You seem jumpy." Keith dug the piece of paper out of his bag.

"I passed." Keith smiled. "I got a B." Lance's face brightened in a way that made Keith's heart warm.

"I knew you could do it mullet. You coming in?" Lance asked.

"I'm using the door though." Keith smiled again, walking back round the side of the house, picking his bike up on the way and putting it the garden, he walked into the house.

"Hey Rosa." He said to Lance's Mum. "Lance invited me in is that okay?" She nodded.

"Of course my dear come in. Lance is in his room, go on up." She smiled sweetly at him, and Keith jogged up the stairs, knocking on Lance's door, and walking in.

"Hey?" Keith called.

"Yeah give me a sec" Lance was sat on the floor, controller in his hands, eyes glued to the screen. "You interrupted me, just wanted to finish this." Lance stuck his tongue out, moving his body with the controller, he looked ridiculous. Keith dumped his bag and sat on the bed, watching Lance for a minute or so, before walking up to him and hugging him from behind, kissing him on the cheek.

"You done yet?" He moaned. "I'm bored." Lance quickly chucked him a controller.

"Then come play." The Cuban said simply, pausing the game and facing him, itching his head, Keith kissed him again.

"Don't scratch it, you'll get infected." Keith came and sat next to him. "What do I do then?" Keith looked at the screen, a figure in clad camouflage stood in the centre.

"Press the middle button to join the game. Have you seriously never had a PlayStation before? Or even used one?" Lance said, sounding outraged, before showing him how the controls work. "Basically shoot all the people with the red tags."

"Why?" Keith asked, staring at the now split screen.

"Because that's jut the point of the game." Lance shrugged, "You ready?" Lance un-paused the game and they were off.

To say the least, Keith was terrible, he couldn't turn properly and he got killed over one hundred times, all the while Lance had reached second in the leaderboard. Every now and then Lance would glance at Keith and burst into tears of laughter.

"You're so cute." Lance said, catching his breath and setting the controller down.

"No I'm not." Keith leaned into him, putting his down as well. Lance wrapped his arms around Keith, and kissed the top of his head.

"You are, you're like the size of a peanut." Keith rolled his eyes and sighed.

"My dad was working on your case this morning." Keith told his boyfriend.

"Oh yeah, what did he say?" Lance pulled Keith onto his lap and went back to playing the game.

"That if you testified, your dad could go to prison, and if you don't, he'd only get community service." For the first time in the game Lance got killed.

"Fuck." He sighed pausing the game again.

"What are you going to do?" Lance's head dropped.

"I don't know, I mean, I don't really want my dad to go to prison, but it would be right if he didn't I guess. I don't know." Keith turned to face him, cupping Lance's face.

"You don't have to if you don't want to, if your scared of testifying, it's okay to be scared." Keith kissed him on the forehead and hugged him.

"I don't know if I can face him."Lance swallowed the lump in his throat, and buried his face into Keith's shoulder.

"I'll come if you want." Keith said, and Lance pulled away, to look at him.

"Really? You'd do that for me?" Keith rolled his eyes at Lance.

"No I was joking." He said sarcastically. "Yes of course, if you want me to."

"Yeah please. You promise?" Lance's blue eyes sparkled.

"I promise." Keith leaned forward, they both knew it was coming, he pulled Lance's face closer and their lips met. Keith wrapped his arms around Lance's neck, straddling him, before Lance leaned forward and he was lying on the floor. He smirked. He'd promise the world to Lance if he could.

Promise was the 1000 word and I just awwww