5. like-like

Over the next few weeks Keith and Lance seemed as if they had been friends their whole lives, Keith fit in well with Lance's little group and became familiar with each of them, he knew their favourite foods, hobbies, and joined in with the drama of the school. Though they didn't really know that much about him.

Keith isn't really what you would call an open book. He doesn't like talking about 'emotions' or anything like that, he's a bit of an emo, though he'd never admit it. But with each day he began to feel more and more comfortable with everyone, Lance especially. Pidge started to notice this and decided to ask him about it. She sauntered up to him during lunch when Lance, Shiro and Hunk has basketball practice, Keith was watching them on the bleachers, well watching Lance.

"So Keith you okay?" Keith was currently going over his R.E notes for the 100th time, he had the test next period. She pushed her glasses further up her face, the kept on slipping down.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?" Keith averted his gaze from Lance and smiled at Pidge.

"Can I ask you something?"

"You just did." Keith smirked at her and she punched him in the arm. "Hey! I was only joking, sure go ahead."

"Do you like Lance?" She looked at the court as Lance jumped up at shot a ball in the hoop, there was a small cheer.

"Course I do." Keith furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, though he knew exactly what she meant.

"No I mean like-like Lance." Keith bit his lip and faced the Cuban, he smiled up at Keith, wiping the sweat from his forehead. "It's okay if you did, I just wanted to clarify. I'm not going to tell him or anything."

"He's straight though isn't he?" Keith said after a while, not denying his feelings.

"Not exactly. He's Bi, not many people know, he usually tries to hide it because he's worried about his dad finding out, none of his family know" Pidge told him solemnly.

"Why?" 

"I'm not sure, maybe he's just not ready, maybe they're homophobic, he's never really said." Pidge shrugged. Keith looked back at Lance, he felt like he was seeing him in a whole different light. "Nyma knows, she held it against him last year, but I think he found something on her so she stopped threatening him about it."

"What is it with this school and rumours? I never really liked Nyma anyway." Keith said angrily.

"No one does, but her parties are the best, you're coming aren't you?" Keith nodded, he had nothing else to do on New Years Eve as far as he knew. "Anyway I really came over to tell you that Hunks having a barbecue at his house to mark the start of summer holidays, meet at his house at half four?"

"Sure." Keith smiled, he was starving and watching Lanc- the team play whilst doing revision gave him a huge appetite, even though he'd just eaten. The bell rang for the end of lunch at Keith waved to Lance as he went to go get changed, and headed to R.E, his stomach clenching.

Everyone filed into the class, basketball players coming in last. The desks were parted ready for the test and they all took a seat, beginning the test.

About an hour and a half later Keith strolled out of the class, a slight grin on his face. He'd answered every question, made his points and arguments, used evidence. He'd done good, or so he hoped. He would just have to wait and see.

"Hey Keithy boy!" A voice said, snapping him out of his thoughts. Lance had come up with a lot more nicknames for Keith and he was not going to think about the growing list.

"Hey Lance" Keith said walking over to him and the group. "I did pretty good."

"And now we wait." Lance said wistfully.

"And now we wait." Keith repeated following them all to their next lesson, P.E. Lance, Shiro and Hunk had practice so they wouldn't be in the lesson. Pidge and Allura wouldn't be in his class, so Keith went to class alone.

The class went quick, all Keith did was run across the field, he didn't particularly like running, but he wasn't that bad at it. Keith got changed and made his way over to the basketball court. The only remaining players were Shiro, Hunk and of course Lance. They were all sweating jumping round the court shorting hoops, by the looks of things it was Lance and Hunk against Shiro.

Allura popped out of nowhere and sat down next to Keith. "Hey." She said Then started dreamily at Shiro. "Doesn't he look sexy when he's all sweaty and stuff." Allura said under her breathe, voiding her thoughts. Keith was looking at Lance, and had to agree, he looked extremely attractive as he wiped the sweat from his face.

Lance then did the unthinkable and took off his vest top, showing them all his bare tanned and extremely toned chest. Keith sucked in a breathe, Lance's body seemed to gleam in the summer sun, it's mocha shade glowing. Keith noticed a few light white marks on Lance's shoulder, they were scars. Keith stared curiously at them as Lance moved around the court, before Allura snapped him out of his daydream.

"So Keith are you gay, bi, pan? No reason just curious. Pidge told me about your crush on Lance, understandable, if I didn't have Shiro, I would definitely swing that way. I mean look at him." Keith already was. "He's just a Cuban cinnamon roll in an underwear models body. Damn now I want Shiro to take his shirt off." She muttered and Keith just chuckled.

"I'm gay." He said.

"Nice. So how long have you liked Lance?" Allura smirked.

"A few weeks, everything he does it's just adorable and I don't even know him that well."

"Well maybe you were just meant to be." Shiro had taken his shirt off now, and he had Alluras full attention.

"Maybe. Do you know what happened to Lance's shoulder?" He asked her, but she either didn't hear him or was ignoring him.

"He always shuts down when we ask about it. Being the amazing friends that we are, we didn't pressure him into telling us, he'll tell us when he's ready." Pidge plopped herself down next to Keith.

"Oh okay." Keith said nodding.

"Oi! Idiots! Can we go now? I'm starving." Pidge shouted to them, Shiro and Hunk turned around, allowing Lance to get a clean shot. They both groaned and all three of them walked over to where we were sat.

Lance wiped the sweat off his chest with his T-Shirt, Keith blushed a little.

"Who's ready for some burgers then?" Hunk asked everyone, they all cheered.

end of chapter five