36. ive missed you

A few days passed and still, nothing. Lance lay still, breathing slowly, eyes closed. The doctor and had told them that he'd hit his head and they wouldn't know the extent of the damages until he woke up. If he woke up.

With graduation drawing closer Keith got more anxious, he wanted Lance to be there with him, he needed him. He couldn't do this alone, even with his father by his side. Everyday he went to the hospital to see Lance, he just sat there, holding his hand, praying for him to wake up. Sometimes he would even stay there late at night, all through to the morning, even when Lance's family had gone home. Today was one of those nights.

Keith sat in the hard plastic chairs, his leg shaking, stroking Lance's hand. He sighed as he began to drift off, then he felt Lance's hand move in his own, he was wide awake. The slender tanned fingers twitched and clenched Keith's hand.

"Lance?" Keith asked, and looked at his boyfriend, then slowly, his eyes began to open and Keith saw the wonderful blue of his irises and clenched Lances hand, kissing his knuckles. "Lance... hey.." He said, as tears fell down his face. Lance blinked a couple times and groaned a little before looking at Keith and smiling slightly.

"Keith..." Was all Lance said, his voice rough and gravelly, his eyes heavy and tired, but open. Keith smiled at him and sniffed, wiping his eyes. "Don't cry.." Lance said, still not 100% aware of his surroundings, all that he could focus on right now, was Keith.

"It's okay, they're happy tears" Keith told him and sighed, looking at his boyfriend all over, stroking his knuckles gently.

"We really have to stop meeting like this.." Lance told him with his signature smirk. Keith let out a hollow chuckle and kissed the hand he was holding. "Yeah.. we really do.." Keith replied before he said "I'll be right back, I'm just gonna go get the doctor", getting up, but Lance held his hand tightly.

"Wait" He said and pulled Keith closer. Keith smiled at him and leans down to kiss his forehead, Lance sighed. "You missed." Lance told him, smiling slightly. Keith finally obliged and kissed Lance gently on the lips, Lance smiled into the kiss, as Keith began to cry again. Blue eyes met Keith's purple brown ones.

"I love you." Keith told him and squeezed his hand, as Lance smiled. "So much"

"I love you too, so much" Lance said softly, and sighed as Keith straightened up, letting go of his hand.

"I'll be right back" He told his boyfriend and walked out as Lance looked around. So he was in a hospital, his head hurt and he couldn't feel his leg that was in a cast. He looked at his arms and sighed, it hurt to move them but they didn't seem to be broken.

'What happened to me?' Lance thought, looking at his body, then he felt a sharp pain in his head and groaned, he felt groggy and tired and hungover. All he wanted to do right now was get into bed with Keith and cuddle him, maybe watch a movie, and not to be stuck in a hospital, he hated hospitals.

Lance began to feel the pain that was distributed all over his body, he could also feel the numbness of his leg and the ache of his stomach, he couldn't see but he guessed there was a bruise there. The beeping of the heart monitor made him anxious and he could hear the beeps getting faster.

Where was Keith? Lance thought, taking a few deep breathes, trying to calm himself down. Finally Keith walked back in and sat down next to Lance, taking his hand, a guy who Lance presumed to be his doctor followed him in. Keith stroked the back of Lance's hand as his boyfriend began to calm down, and focus on something other than his heart rate.

"Hello Lance, I'm glad you're awake" The doctor told him. "How are you feeling?"

"Everything hurts" Lance told him, sighing. "Except my leg, it's kinda numb"

"That's to be expected but we'll increase your morphine a little to help with that. We've called your mother, she's on her way. But for now what can you remember?" He asked him.

"Nothing. I don't know what happened... the last thing I remember is leaving Keith's house. What day is it?"

"It's the 4th of January, a Monday" Keith told him, and watched as Lance began to get panicked again.

"T..that means i've been unconscious for a week..?" Lance asked.

"No, only for 4 days. So you don't remember anything about the crash?" The doctor asked him. Lance bit his lip and tried to remember.

"No.. sorry.." Lance sighed.

"It's okay, you don't need to apologise. You're gonna have to stay here for a while until your arms and your leg are okay again. Then you're gonna have to do some cardio therapy for your leg after it's healed but before that don't walk on it at all." The doctor told him.

"Okay. Did anyone else get hurt in the crash?" Lance asked the doctor.

"No, it was just you." The doctor told him with a a sigh.

"Okay, thank you." Lance said, the doctor nodded and walked out. "Thank god it was only me"

"What do you mean 'only you'? You matter too. I'd rather it was someone else than you" Keith told him.

"Well I wouldn't. And anyway, I'm fine." His boyfriend told him.

"You could've died Lance. That's not fine" Keith said, sadly, and kissed his knuckles, sighing.

"Well I'm not dead, so I'm fine. Okay?" Lance said, smiling a little.

"Okay.." Keith said, sighing and smiled slightly at Lance, the corner of his mouth crinkling. Lance smiled back and Keith leaned forward to kiss him as the door opened and Rosa walked in, Sophia following behind.

"Lance!" Sophia said, and Lance groaned.

"Don't shout he has a headache, and he's in pain, so be gentle." Keith told them, Lance smiled at him.

"Hey guys" Lance said, sighing happily, Rosa hugged him gently and kisses both of his cheeks and then his forehead. "Mama..." Lance whined, smiling slightly.

"I've just missed you" Rosa told him, smiling and crying, holding Lance's other hand.

"I've missed you too" He told her, his own eyes filling with tears, but they were open, and that's all that mattered.

end of chapter 37

sorry i've been MIA i've just been super busy and i had writers block when i wasn't busy and ugh i'm tired but here, take this. Lance is okay.

will he remember what happened at the party? owo