22. birthdays and bath bombs

Currently sat cross legged on his bedroom floor, Lance held a piece of tape in his mouth as he struggled with the length of wrapping paper before him. He took the tape from his mouth and taped it on the seal of the wrapping paper.

Proud with his work he smiled and leaned back on his bed, picked up the small package and the bag next to it, stood up and walked downstairs. Lance phone buzzed and he picked it up.

"Hey Hunk." Lance answered with a smile. "Have you got the cake?" Lance had given them each a specific job. Hunk was on cake duty, Allura was on decorating, with Shiro's help, Pidge was on lights and music. And Mr Kogane was distracting Keith. Lance was determined to make this Keith's best birthday ever.

"Yeah, icing it now." Hunk smiled, his phone under his chin, as he stuck his tongue out a little, concentrating.

"Okay, meet back at Keith's at 6 okay?" Lance said, walking outside and climbing into his car. "I'm going to pick up Keith's other present."

"I still can't believe you got him that, isn't it a bit much?" Hunk asked.

"His dad said he'd been wanting this since he was 10, I hope he likes it." Lance sighed.

"He's gonna love it Lance." Hunk smiled again. "and the bath bombs." Hunk chuckled

"Shut up." Lance smiled, blushing.

"Keith is gonna think it's cute. I have to go, I'll see you at 6, bye" Hunk ended the call, and continued with his icing.

-

Keith sighed, organising his Dad's files was not something he thought he'd be doing on his birthday. He wasn't really bothered that it was his birthday, him and his Dad usually don't make a big deal out of it, and that's what he wanted. They would just buy a cake and a huge pizza and watch conspiracy theories until 12am.

That's what Keith liked, his birthday was just another day. Another day that his Mother wasn't their, and that was fine by him. Keith sighed again and shoved another box onto the shelf. His Dad walked in and handed him a cup of coffee.

"Thanks for helping me. I know it's not ideal on your birthday, but we'll buy a cake and go home later." His dad smiled and drank his own coffee.

"It's okay, I don't mind helping you." Keith smiled back and went on his phone, calling Lance, who answered on the third ring.

"Hey Keith." Lance smiled and closed the back of his truck, throwing a tarp over Keith's present, and climbing into his truck.

"Hey you okay?" Keith smiled.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?" Lance started the car and started to drive to Keith's house, as it was 15 minutes to 6.

"You've been MIA all day" Keith told him and sipped his coffee, leaning against the wall.

"Sorry I've been looking after the little ones." Lance lied as he pulled up to Keith's house. "Babe I've got to go, I'll talk to you later okay?"

"Okay" Keith sighed. "Talk to you later, bye."

"Bye" Lance ended the call and got out of his car, dragging Keith's present from the back and moving it around the back, before driving his car up the street and running back, walking inside.

Allura and Shiro had done an amazing job, balloons where in odd places around the room, a couples lights and streamers hung on the walls. It wasn't too decorated, but subtle. A banner that said Happy Birthday hung on the wall across from the door. Lance smiled.

"You guys, I'm speechless, this is perfect. Thank you." They both smiled back at him. "Is Hunk here yet?" Pidge stood up from behind the couch.

"He said he'd be here in five." She said before crawling back down.