30. you're less ugly

With the help of his father and Lance, Keith had picked the UCLA department of art, so that, if they decided to stay together, Lance and Keith wouldn't be too far apart, which pleased both of them.

It was a few days before Christmas and everyone was at the McClain house, adults downstairs and children, including teenagers, were upstairs. Keith and Lance were led on the bed together, Pidge, Hunk and Shay were using Lance's playstation (Shay was winning), Shiro and Allura were led on a blanket on the floor, with some cushions they had stolen from Lance's bed.

Lance cuddle closer to Keith, leaning against him as the others talked, he mumbled something to his boyfriend. Keith smirked and pretended not to hear him.

"Keeeeith" Lance whined.

"Yes?" Keith said.

"He sounds like a whiny baby" Pidge said with a chuckle.

"He's my whiny baby." Keith smirked, Pidge just rolled her eyes and went back to trying, and failing, to beat Shay. "What is it?" Keith asked him.

"Kiss me." Lance whined.

"Sorry what was that?" Keith smirked at him again.

"Keeith." Lance whined again and soon enough Keith lips were on his, shutting him up.

"And they're at it again" Pidge said with a small sigh.

"Just leave them at least now we can have an intelligent conversation." Allura said, smirking slightly.

Keith rolled his eyes and kissed Lance more passionately, deepening the kiss, Lance smirked and kissed back with the same force, his tanned hands snaking their way behind Keith's neck, as he leaned over him.

"Guys please..." Hunk spoke up, Keith eventually pulled back slightly and smiled at Lance, who smiled back, and led down next to Lance, their hands interlocked.

"Have you and Shay kissed yeah Hunk?" Lance asked him with a smirk, to which Hunks cheeks turned red, Shay just smiled.

"Yeah we have" She answered and smiled at Hunk, he smiled sheepishly back.

"You guys are adorable." Allura told them, smiling and cuddled up to Shiro.

"What about us?" Lance asked her, only slightly offended.

"You guys are adorable too but all you do is make out" Allura said, smiling a little.

"And they've fucked, the innocence is gone." Pidge said, Lance and Keith blushed slightly and rolled their eyes. "Shay and Hunk haven't done the do yet so they're still adorable"

"To be honest even if they did it they would be adorable anyway" Shiro spoke up and everyone nodded, smiling, while Hunk was bright red.

"Can we not talk about this..?" He asked them and everyone giggled a little. Lance sighed happily and trailed his finger in the palm of Keith's hand, Keith turned and smiled at him, sighing he took Lance's hand.

"I saw Johnny the other day, when I was shopping with Allura and Shiro" Keith told him.

"Did he say anything to you?" Lance asked softly and gave Keith's hand a small squeeze.

"Just that he misses me and wants us to get back together, a load of bullshit really." Keith said and smiled a little. "Don't worry I'm not going anywhere."

"I'm not worried, he's ugly anyway" Lance smirked a little.

"Maybe I have a type" Keith smirked.

"Hey!" Lance said, pouting.

"Shh, you're less ugly than him." Keith said and Lance just rolled his eyes and turned away from him, arms crossed. "Hey I was only joking, don't be moody." Keith snaked his arm around Lance and pulled him closer, the Cuban turned his head and smiled a little at him. Keith kissed him quickly and smiled back.

"Okay, okay sometimes you guys are adorable" Allura said, Lance and Keith blushed a little, realising everyone was watching them.

"Well they're going to the same college and basically have their future planned out, I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't thought of their kids names yet." Pidge said, smiling, Lance just rolled his eyes for the 100th time.

"Yeah actually, Lance liked the name Leo" Keith said jokingly, and Lance sighed, everyone smiled at them.

"We have to graduate before you guys start thinking about kids, and there's Nymas party, this is probably the last one we're all ever going to go to, together." Allura said.

"What if we all drift apart after school? I don't want that to happen" Hunk said sadly.

"We won't, we'll all make the effort and see each other, it's not like we're leaving the country or something" Lance told his best friend.

"Actually, I might be... well not country, but state" Pidge said and everyone looked at her. "The university that Matt went to, the one my Dad works at, have given me a scholarship for their neuroscience programme"

"The school in DC?" Shiro asked her.

"Yeah, it's got an amazing campus and programmes to sign up for, and I'll get to see my Dad." Pidge said solemnly.

"As long as your happy that's amazing, we'll all try and come visit you." Lance said and everyone agreed.

"We're all proud of you Pidge" Allura said, and Pidge smiled wider.  "Shiro is going to UCLA too, and I'll be taking their fashion course and photography courses." Allura said, smiling. "What about you Hunk?"

"I'm going to take an engineering programme" Hunk told them, smiling.

"Yeah you've wanted to work for NASA since you were about 4" Lance told everyone. "What about you Shay?"

"I want to continue basketball but I don't think I'm that good to make a career out of it, I think I want to work with plants, or children" Shay told them, and smiled at Hunk.

"That sounds awesome." Lance told her, and sighed a little. He hoped nobody did drift apart, he'd known most of his friends all his life and he didn't want them all to be strangers once they left school. Lance smiled at all of his friends and leaned against Keith, who's arm was still around him.

Right now he felt like the luckiest person in the world, and he didn't want anything to change that. Lance sighed and decided not to think about his future until it was actually happening.

end of chapter 30

sorry for the late update i was a little busy and kinda forgot to upload it lol.

hope you're enjoying the story so far x