16. calm before the storm

Lance was currently sat in his room, typing, deleting and retyping his witness statement, leaning back on his chair every now and then, he sat back and cracked his fingers, stretching them. He sometimes would get up and walk aimlessly around his room, only to return back at his chair.

Lance sighed and repeated the process of reading over his vague account. It's not that he was scared, well he was a little, he just had trouble concentrating and even though the statement was extremely important, he felt like it was too much pressure for him to handle.

Lance leaned his head on the desk, sighing again, his phone buzzed and he walked over to his bed, laying down to look at it. It was Keith, and Lance smiled instantly.

Samurai ❤️

Hey, you okay? Xx

yeah missing
you though xx

I miss you too,
what are you up to? Xx

writing my statement
just boring stuff xx

Want me to come over?
Then we can do less
boring stuff. Xx

are you asking me out
on a date?

Lance, we're literally
dating xx

I know I'm only joking
what do you mean by
less boring stuff? Xx

Hmm I don't know
I'll let you figure that out.
So can I come over?

yeah sure I'm in my
room just come on up xx

Okay see you in a bit xx

Lance made his way back to his desk, putting his phone on charge and began to type again, rewording what he'd already written. He heard the door open downstairs and then Keith's small feet coming up the stairs, then his bedroom door opened and Lance spun in his chair and faced Keith. "Hey" He said.

"Hey." Keith smiled and made his way over to him, gripping his shirt and kissing him, Lance smirked into the kiss, before Keith broke away and looked at his computer. "How's it coming along?" He asked pulling his jacket off and sitting on the bed.

"Not bad, but not so good. It okay I guess." Lance shrugged, and Keith nodded, the raven haired boy had been thinking a lot about what Pidge had said, and about how it would affect their relationship, would it affect their relationship? Most couples waited a while before they had sex, didn't they?

Had Shiro and Allura had it yet? Would that put pressure on Lance and Keith to do it themselves? Keith had been up most of the night, but he wanted to know what Lance felt about it. But would the "I love you's" come before the sex? Keith was in love with Lance, but he didn't know if he loved him yet.

"Okay." Keith led on Lances bed, it smelt strongly of him and Keith loved it. Lance took a break from typing and spun his chair again, smiling at Keith. "Want me to help you?" Lance nodded and Keith walked over to him, reading over his shoulder, pointing out a few spelling mistakes.

Less than and hour later Lance had finished it, said all that was needed to be said for the court date that was to come in a few days. Hopefully it was enough for the judge and the jury to decide what to do about his dad. Lance cringed at the word. He wasn't his dad, not anymore.