6

My light was no other than my older sister, Kimberly. Unfortunately, she was unaware of my condition. She had left for college when my mom was still mom. She never visited long enough to analyze a scar or a cut and if she noticed, I could easily lie and cover it up.

Why would I want to cover it up? In a weird way, I still loved my mother. I had known her for most of my life as the confident woman who wouldn't hurt a fly. It's a mystery what changed her.

I shifted in bed at around 6. It was a week day so no school and I didn't have chores until around 7. So, I had time to idle until it got later.

In my dark room , an even darker shadow casted itself unto the sheets of my bed. I looked up at the cause of the loss of some of my non-existent life. "Hey, baby," she cooed as she moved closer, clad in a skimpy silver two-piece that accented her small cleavage. "I missed you when I was gone yesterday," she straddled my small waist and whispered into my ear.

 I wanted to push her off but with the amount of energy, I couldn't even squish a fly. I folded my lips together and rocked my body to the side, away from her breath. It stank. She obviously hadn't brushed her teeth from her night out.

"Stay still, pumpkin. I want to feel you," she continued ,as if she was out of her mind. Oddly enough, this is how she behaved when fully conscious. This is what I had to deal with.

My sister was coming later in the day. This woman has to get off of me.