25

Kim's POV

The air was awkward when I stepped into his dorm. I had been there many times but it was never as awkward as this. I had come to help him to him on his final strings to find his mother.

I know that he already started and was well on his way in the process. Also, that he probably didn't need my help at all and simply didn't want me to shun him out of my life just yet. But, since I'm a nice girl; I do charity.

"Hi," I mumbled nonchalantly, heading straight to the computer that already had the family search site on it.

He rose off the bed he laid on before and I sighed, "Put on a shirt, Jay. I'm not interested,"

"Seriously?" He huffed out exasperatedly, "You've got to take me back,"

"No, I do not have to. You cheated on me. Plus, I came here for one reason only and I was to find your mother. If this is not your only goal, I'm willing to leave because I certain you can complete this on your own," I spoke boldly but my eyes never met his.

"You're all talk, Kimmy," he moved closer towards my back that was facing him from the chair. I felt his breath on my neck which meant he was bending over. "But you never act,"

I used all my strength to elbow him in the face. "Fuck," he cursed, holding his check. He stepped back and plopped on his bed. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

I collected my things and was heading out. "Kim. Kim. Kim. I'm sorry. My only purpose here is to find my mom. Please stay," his face winced in pain, with lies flowing from his lips.

I don't know what it was but a strong voice told me to stay. So, I stayed and I helped him.

...........

We spent hours typing in names, uncovering birth certificates and clicking on new leaves that kept popping up. Luckily for the remainder of the time, he didn't try to pull anything else.

We were coming upon the final leaf that would reveal his mother's livelihood. The first piece of information we saw was that she wasn't dead; then a few moments later her birth certificate came up. Her name and place of birth weren't clear but we had enough evidence to continue. We took some time to examine the given tool.

"Look our mother's are born on the same day," I giggled nervously. It was weird but nothing impossible.

We continued, information popping up slower since we almost reached our target. Suddenly, a file of her recent sightings and indentification card was shown clearly on the screen. Our mouths both stood agape.

"Mom?," we whispered in unison.