16

Jezebel's POV

My head pounds as I adjust my body in the small bed. I knew exactly why my head was hurting, guilt kept being added in layers to my body and it was seriously affecting my health.

I felt some type of stress lifted of my shoulders when we talked yesterday. However, it's not all gone because she doesn't know the whole story; my whole life of lies. And I definitely know, I never want her to figure it out.

We talked sincerely. I could see the determination to reject any forms of apologizes laced unto her face and I also saw the disappointment when she cracked for a while, smiling at me. I deserved her coldness, let's be honest, I've been a shit parent. Allowing my feelings interfere with my ability to treat her properly. Not only her but her sister as well.........and her brother too.

I'm sorry Kimberley.

I trembled as if being stuck by pins and needles while walking to the kitchen. While walking, my eyes glanced on Kay's slightly opened door, almost resisting the urge to look in.

I peeked my eyes into the room and they rest upon Kay's sleeping face. She slept peacefully without stirring of any kind but lay with the most distraught emotions portrayed on her face.

My warmed heart slightly rips when I realized I did this.

I'm so terrible that I've even troubled her subconscious state.