31

Kay's POV

Remember those prayers that I was always confused about God not answering? Well, he's answered them now. I now had a true family. A true unit. The problems and trials you face make you stronger, no matter how bullshit the situation might be.

Along with answered prayers, I was now living in Dad's luxurious house. The room that I am able to now call my own could be lonely and scary at times. Due to my lack of belongings, it made the room feel larger and more bare than it already was. 

The cool night flaunted its way through my window and the thick blanket I was given, didn't seem to suffice tonight. It was spring break and Kimberly had decided to spend it here at the new house to give me some type of familiarity for a while. So to cure my loneliness, I made my way to her room down the hall.

I crawled up into the engulfing bed and found her body. Her heat immediately transferred to me and it calmed me down. I told her about my feelings of loneliness in the large room and how it had been adjusting to the new home and people. Afterwards, I began to drift into the land of dreams. But was stirred to full consciousness when I felt her body moving away from mine. "Stay," I pleaded, holding unto her hand. 

"Don't worry, I'm coming back," she kissed my forehead and scurried off.

I occupied my mind by having a staring competition so I wouldn't fall into sleep without her returning. Fortunately, Kimmy returned quickly but three other bodies came in with her.

My Dad, His wife and Their child.

Kimmy told them of my discomfort, my awkwardness in this big house with people I was just meeting. It was a lot to adjust to but they assured me that I would be able to. They comforted me, as the four of them got into Kimberly's bed and embraced me. It began to hit me.

This was my house.

My Sister,

My Dad,

My Mother,

And My Baby Brother.