i'd spend a lifetime with you~jack x reader

warning: this may get a bit sad. and holy cow guys!! thank you so much for 2K💘💘 (ps. play the song when i tell you to)
~~~~~~~~~~~
Kindergarten (6yo):
"sweetheart, wait don't go yet!!" your mom yelled after you. "but mommy all the kids are playing already," you whined. your mom made her way over to you and picked you up. "yes i know, y/n, but your office ladies needs to know that you're here," she said with a chuckle as she booped your nose.

you giggled and said,"okay mommy." your mom carried you to the front office of your new school. she got you ready and signed up, then a woman from behind the desk walked you to your new classroom.

"hi i'm ms. catherine. your new teacher," your teacher greeted you as you walked into the classroom. "i'm y/n," you said shyly. she smiled and said,"have a seat next to jack." she said, gesturing to a small boy. he had curly brown hair and hazel eyes.

you smiled and sat down next to him. "hi i'm y/n," you said. he smiled back at you and said,"i'm jack. do you want to be friends?" you nodded and said,"that would be nice."

elementary school (11yo):

"jack!! can you not tease me about liking zane?" you whined to your best friend, jack. he rolled his eyes and kept picking at his lunch. "i can't. the way you blush around him is very cute," he blushed, realizing what he just said.

you looked at him confused. "did you just call me cute?" you asked. he shook his head rapidly. "um no i did not. you must've heard something else," he said nervously. "no you definitely said i was cute," you insisted.

"i didn't say that. stop torturing me. why don't you just shine a light in my eyes," jack said sarcastically. you rolled your eyes and said,"whatever, grazer."

middle school (14yo):

"hey y/n," your boyfriend, zane said to you as you opened your locker. you smiled and said,"hey baby. what's up?" he smirked at you and asked,"i'm having trouble with mr. feeners homework. can you do it for me?"

you nodded and said,"yeah of course." he dropped his english papers in your arms and said,"thank you babe. i owe you one." then he walked off. "you owe me about a million," you mumbled.

"what was that?" your best friend, jack, asked. "jesus don't scare me like that, jack," you said, startled. jack completely ignored your comment. "did zane give you his homework again?" he asked a bit worried. "yeah he did," you sighed.

jack shook his head,"you seriously need to break up with him. you can't continue doing his homework." you shook your head and placed zane's english papers in your locker. "i can't. i really like zane," you said as you closed your locker. jack sighed, not in a tiring way, but in a jealous way.

high school (16yo):

"zane, i can't keep doing your fucking homework for you," you yelled, finally getting fed up with zane's shit, after 2 years. "why not?" he asked angrily. jack walked around the corner of the hallway that you and zane were at, luckily neither of you noticed him.

"because i'm tired of doing it. don't you think i have my own shit to deal with? i'm done being your pet. good luck finding another date to homecoming. we're over," you said firmly as you walked off.

zane walked away angrily. jack walked up behind you. "hey are you okay?" he asked as he put his hand on your shoulder. you jumped up, jack startling you. "jesus, grazer. you need to stop doing that," you sighed. ignoring your comment, again. "are you okay?" he asked again.

"just peachy keen," you said sarcastically. "do you have a date to homecoming?" jack asked. you shook your head. "nope not anymore," you mumbled. jack scratched the back of his neck,"well do you want to go with me?" you looked at him and smiled, you haven't smiled in a while.

"i'd love to go to homecoming with you, jack," you said as you kissed his cheek.

college (20yo):

"y/n, are you okay? you haven't talked in a while," your boyfriend, jack asked you. you shook your head out of your daydream. you sat on your bed in your dorm room. "yeah i'm fine," you said softly.

"okay," jack said. "do you want something to eat? i'm a bit hungry," you asked him. he shook his head and continued typing on his laptop. "no i'm okay," he said. you got up and put your shoes on,"i'm going to go drive to mcdonald's. i'll be back."

he nodded his head and gave you a peck on your lips. "okay, be safe baby," he said. you walked out and got into your car, in the campus parking lot. you drove towards mcdonald's, feeling an uneasy feeling in your stomach.

jack's POV

i sat on y/n's bed, typing my 2,000 word essay that was due at midnight. i look at the bottom of the screen to see how many words i have. '2,998' i type the last two words and submit the essay. i sigh of relief and run my hands through my hair.

i feel my phone start to vibrate. i pick it up and see it's y/n calling. "hey babe are you alright?" i say into the phone. "hello it's this jack grazer?" says the woman on the other line. "um yes who's this? why do you have y/n's phone?" i ask. "this is janice. i'm calling from the hospital. y/n has been in an accident," the woman says.

my heart immediately skips a beat. "i'm on my way," i said as i quickly hung up. i ran out of the dorm room and into the campus parking lot. i jump in my car and speed off. after what felt like forever, i finally arrived to the hospital. "i'm here to see y/n l/n," i say to the lady at the desk, a little out of breath.

she looks at her computer, not answering me. i pound my hand against the counter top. "my girlfriend just got into an accident and i'd like to see her. if you could tell me where she is i'll get out of your hair," i scream, getting extremely frustrated.

the last looks at me and immediately starts typing on her computer. "she's in room 213," she says. i run to the elevator and rapidly push the buttons. i get to her floor and run frantically around the hallways until i find her room.

she's connected to an oxygen tank, and has a bandage around her head. there's a doctor in the room too. "you must be jack. i'm doctor banner," the doctor said, holding his hand out to me. i shake it. "what happened to her?" i ask. he sighs and says,"well she's in a coma. there's a chance she might not make it."

i loose all feeling in my body and tears start to well up in my eyes. i walk to her and sit down in a chair next to her bed. "she can still hear you, but she won't be responsive," doctor banner said. i nod and say,"thank you doctor." i got her hand in mine and kiss it.

*play the song*

"hi baby. it's me, jack. i know you can hear me, i know you're there. and i want you to listen. i want you to get through this, i really do. but i understand if you don't have enough strength to wake up. i understand if you want to die. you can if you want to, baby. but i'll be here with you through this the whole way. if you wake up, i'd spend the rest of my life with you. you're my one and only, baby. you always have, and always will be. even if you die or if we grow old together. when i asked you to homecoming i was so afraid you'd say no, but you didn't. i love you more than anything on this earth," i said to her.

i heard her heartline go flat. *beeeeeep* i started crying harder. "no, baby!! please don't go!!" i cried. doctors came rushing in, trying to help her. "sir i need you to step out," one of them said as they pushed me away. "no, that's my babygirl!! i need to be there!!" i yelled through my tears.

they closed the door and i paced around in the hallway, hands covering my face as i sobbed. i heard the room go silent, then the door opened and the doctor stepped out. "she-she's gone," he told me. the whole world had stopped. i stopped along with it. i stopped thinking, i stopped moving, i could've sworn i stopped breathing too.

she was gone. my whole world, my everything, my baby. she was gone.
~~~~~~~~~
oof holy shit that was like the most depressing story i've ever written. well umm i hope you guys enjoyed i guess. till next time!!❤️❤️