gamer girl~mike x reader

oof first imagine with scenes from stranger things season two!! let's go!! {spoilers, if you couldn't tell, from season two so don't read if you haven't watched it, or read anyways idc XD}
y/g/n: your gamer name
y/n/n: your nickname
y/ht: your hometown
~~~~~~~~~~~~

"mom i have to go!!" will said to his mom. "okay but will. have fun," she said to him. "okay i will. love you mom," he said before closing the car door. "hey what's up will?" mike said. "hey mike," will said to mike.

"c'mon let's go play some video games," dustin said excitedly. dustin, lucas, mike, and will walked into the arcade. they walked up to the game, dragon's lair. dustin inserted the quarter and the game started.

"to slay the dragon, use the magic sword," princess daphine said. dustin pressed the button and moved the joystick rapidly. "get the sword! get the sword!" mike yelled. the boys encouraging, but distracting yells overlapped each other. "shut up guys!! shut up!!" dustin yelled.

the knight that dustin was playing, got burned by the dragon. "no!! no!! no!! i hate this overpriced bullshit!! son of a bitch!! piece of shit!!" dustin yelled as he kicked the arcade game.

"you're just not nimble enough. you'll get there one day. but until then, princess daphine is mine," lucas said as he pointed to the princess on the arcade screen. "whatever. i'm still top on centipede and dig dug," dustin said.

"you sure about that?" the employee, keith said. "sure about what?" dustin asked. keith just took a cheeto from his chip bag and ate it. "you're kidding me? no, no, no!!" dustin said as he pushed through lucas.

they followed him to the games, centipede and dig dug. "no!! no!! no!!" dustin yelled. he looked at the score on centipede then dig dug. "751,300 points?!!" will exclaimed. "that's impossible," mike said. "who is y/g/n?" dustin asked keith.

"better than you," keith said. dustin gave him a sarcastic smile and flipped him off. "is it you?" will asked. "you know i despise dig dug," keith said, taking another cheeto and eating it. "then who it is?" lucas asked.

"yeah, spill it, keith," dustin said. keith shrugged,"if you want information i'm gonna need something in return." keith looked at mike and smirked. everyone looked at mike too. "ew hell no!! there's no way i'm getting you a date with her," mike said, disgusted.

"just get him the damn date," lucas said. "there's no way in hell i'm prostituting my sister!!" mike said. "you know what? don't get him the date. he's gonna spread his nasty ass rash to her and your family," dustin said.

"acne isn't a rash, you pubescent wasteoid," keith said. "whatever we'll figure out on our own," mike said. "let's go," lucas said. they all went outside. wills mom was waiting for him in the parking lot. dustin, lucas, and mike rode home on their bikes.

next day at school

you sat in your brothers car, waiting for him to stop in the parking lot. he stopped in his high schools parking lot and you got out of the car and skateboarded the rest of the way to your new school.

you had just moved to hawkins, indiana from y/ht. it was so much more different in hawkins than in y/ft. you got to school and stopped in the office. "hi i'm y/n l/n. i'm new here and i need my schedule," you said to the office lady.

"of course let me just get the principal," she said. she called the principal on her telephone and he escorted you to your first class. "and your first class is science with mr.clarke," the principal said to you. you just nodded.

you walked into the classroom and everyone looked at you. "here's your new student mr.clarke. good luck," the principal said before he left the classroom. "well hello. dustin drum roll please," mr.clarke said to dustin. dustin closed his textbook and tapped on it.

"we have a new member to join our curiosity voyage, please welcome, y/n!!" mr.clarke said over enthusiastically. "it's y/n/n. nobody calls me y/n anymore," you said. mr.clarke nodded,"well y/n/n just have a seat and we'll get started."

the boys leaned closer together in their seats. "y/g/n," they all whispered. they looked back at you and you started at the window. after the others looked away, mike looked at you for a couple more seconds.

he felt like he was supposed to feel annoyed because of you for some reason, but his heart said otherwise. he studied all your facial features, your cheekbones, you eye color. he hasn't felt this way since el disappeared.

he turned around and smiled softly to himself, wondering how y/n/n was really like.

after school

you walked out of your last period and into the parking lot full of kids. you skateboarded towards your bothers car. will, dustin, lucas, and mike stood off to the side watching you, completely intrigued with thar girl who got 751,300 points on dig dug.

"should we talk to her?" will asked. "no we can't," lucas said. "why not?" mike questioned. "she's not in our party," dustin said. "so? doesn't mean we can't talk to her and ask her if she's y/g/n," mike said in defense.

"she is y/g/n," will said. "how do you know that?" dustin said. "she's the only one with the name y/n/n and she just happens to show up the day after your score gets beaten," will said. "and plus she skateboards so that makes her pretty awesome," mike added.

"you haven't even said anything to her," lucas said. "whatever," mike said. afterwards, wills mom cane to pick him up. dustin and lucas biked home together. meanwhile mike, biked to the arcade to figure out if you were really y/g/n.

when he got to the arcade he stood outside for a little bit to see if you weren't there yet. shortly after, a car came up the parking lot and you walked out of it. you argued with your brother then he drove off. you flipped him off as he drove away.

you walked into the arcade, looking at mike for a split second. he walked in a couple seconds after you. he looked around to see what game you had stopped at. he spotted you at galaga, trying to beat the persons top score.

"she's amazing," mike whispered to himself. you rapidly hit the buttons and moved the joystick. you had lost the game and cursed under your breath. you were about to insert another quarter in when you felt a tap on your shoulder.

you looked back and saw it was mike. "hey i just wanted to say that i think your really good at galaga," he said. you smiled softly and said,"t-thanks." he took a deep breath and asked,"are you y/g/n? the person who beat dustin on dig dug?"

you nodded,"yes, sir. that would be me. i'm y/n/n by the way." he nodded. "i know you're in my science class. i'm mike," he said as he stuck his hands in his pockets. you nodded and turned your head towards the game but then back at him. "hey can you help me beat this level? i'm sort of having trouble," you asked mike.

he nodded and smiled. "uh yeah sure. and just a small warning, i'm not the best at galaga," he chuckled. "then this will be just like practice," you said. you played video games with him until your brother came to pick you up.

~~~~~~~~~~~
hey what's up you guys!! just wanted to address that we've hit 15k on this book!! omg thank you guys so much!! i love u all so much!!💓💖💞💗💕💝💘