1-800-273-8255~jaeden x reader

first jaeden imagine, yayayaya. but sorry this has to be sad. i haven't been feeling like myself lately and writing is a way that i feel like i can express that.

warning: mention of suicide and mental health
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"the little girl could not sleep because her thoughts were way too deep. her mind had gone out for a stroll and fallen down a rabbit hole."

you sat in the car, driving to the iheart radio music awards. your fellow cast mates from It were going with you too. 'the more the merrier,' you had said, but really you didn't want to go alone. sure, you were only 14 and there would be adults there, but your anxiety got the best of you.

they all knew that you had anxiety, and they were more than aware with your mental state. they all knew your past, your past hurt you and had a horrible affect on you. your best friend jaeden was more apart of that than anybody. you knew him before anyone else on that cast.

he was your best friend since you were both out of the womb. you grew up together, walked your first steps together, said your first words together (which so happened to be close to each other's names). to say that jaeden knew you more than anyone, was an understanding.

jaeden's seen you at your worst, you best, you name it. the first time he experienced you in a anxiety attack was at school, in kindergarten.

flashback

"y/n? where are you?" little jaeden whined. he started running around the playground. he couldn't find you anywhere, it started to worry him.

he heard crying underneath the slide. he pushed through the crowd of small kindergarteners. he bent down and saw you. your knees were pushed up to your chest with your head buried in between your knees.

"y/n? what's wrong?" jaeden asked you softly. "i don't know. everything is just so loud. the world is so big," you whispered. he crawled underneath the slide with you. he sat next to you and wrapped an arm around you.

afterwards, a teacher was looking for both of you. she noticed your red, puffy eyes, her instinct was to immediately call your mother. she picked you up and you didn't go to school at all for the rest of the week.

of course with the exception of jaeden being your best bud, your mom let him see you. little did both of you know, that the playground incident, was the start of something much more big, life-changing in fact.

end of flashback

"did you hear me, miss?" your driver said. "hmm what did you say? i'm so sorry, i spaced out," you said. "i said we're here, miss," she said. you looked at outside the window and you were indeed there. "thank you, ma'am," you said before walking out of the car and onto the red carpet.

cameras started flashing and photographers tried to grasp your attention. your heart started pumping blood faster and your breath quickened. "slow down your breathing, y/n," you heard a familiar voice whisper in your ear. you tried to slow your breathing. you closed your eyes and took deep breaths. 'in and out,' you thought over.

you turned round and saw jaeden with a concerned look on his face. "are you alright?" he asked you. you nodded with s small smile tugging at your lips. he smiled softly and pulled you in for a long awaited hug. the paparazzi went crazy, the flashing increased. jaeden shook his head and grabbed your hand, pulling you into the big building.

"so how's your mom?" jaeden asked you. you shrugged,"she's alright. not used to being away from home for this long, due to my schedule. but it's not like there's anything there for us anyways. just memories of him."