fall festival~finn x reader

this was requested by @emelyrod12 {wouldn't let me tag her smh} i'm sorry i couldn't use the name you wanted me to. hope you enjoy it!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
"y/n come on we're gonna be late!!" your friend emely told you. (see what i did there :D) "alright i'm coming. just hold on," you yelled back. you were about to head to the fall festival with your best friend. you wore a grey sweatshirt, a grey beanie, black jeans, and white converse.

you put your beanie on, grabbed your bag and ran downstairs

you put your beanie on, grabbed your bag and ran downstairs. "took you long enough," emely said to you. "oh shush. c'mon my moms here," you said. you and emely walked out the door and to your moms car.

your mom drove you to the festival and told you she'd be back to get you by 3:30. as you got out of the car, you felt the autumn breeze hit your warm skin. if was a cold day in LA. "come on, we have to go get tickets," emely said.

you nodded and followed her towards the ticket booth. "20 tickets please," you said to the teenage boy in the ticket booth. he handed you the tickets and said,"enjoy your day." you smiled softly and said,"thank you. you too." you walked off with emely towards the first ride.

you both decided that you'd go on the swings first. you handed the guy your tickets and strapped yourself in, with emely right behind you. the ride started and you went higher and higher, spinning a little faster every minute.

you screamed with excitement. you loved carnivals with all your heart. they always brought back happy childhood memories. when the ride ended you unstrapped yourself and walked out. you looked around for emely but you couldn't see her. "ah shit," you muttered under your breath.

you felt your anxiety level rising and panic filling your veins. "emely!!" you screamed as you walked around. you kept walking until you found a bench. you sat down and looked at your phone. "great. thats just great. no fucking bars," you said to yourself. you got up and sighed.

after walking around some more you spotted someone familiar. it wasn't emely. it was someone else. "oh my god. that's fucking finn wolfhard," you said. he was waiting on the line for the tea cup ride. you walked over to the line nonchalantly.

when you were next you gave your tickets to the ride attendant. the only open spot, fortunately was right next to finn. you got into the tea cup and the ride started. "hey i'm finn," he said. you smiled and said,"i'm y/n. aren't you from stranger things? that show on netflix?" he nodded and said,"yep that would be me."

the tea cup span really fast. you laughed and started spinning it even more. finn laughed too. after the ride was over both of you got off. "so where's your parents?" he asked you as you walked next to him. "well my mom dropped me and my friend off, but i sort of lost her and i've been walking around since then," you said.

"you've been walking around by yourself this whole time?" he asked, seeming surprised. you looked at him and chuckled,"what? you don't think i could make it on my own?" he laughed and said,"no i didn't mean it like that. i meant-"

you cut him off,"it's ok finn. i was joking." he smiled at you and you smiled back. "so do you want to go on a couple of rides?" he asked. you shrugged,"sure why not." he led you to bumper cars.

you heard him giggle like a little kid, which made you giggle as well. you got into cars that where're next to each other but when the ride started, you drove off. "i'm gonna get you, y/n!!" he yelled. "oh i don't think so, wolfhard," you yelled back.

you looked back quickly and didn't see him. then when you looked forward, you saw finn and before you knew it, he bumped into your car. you smiled widely and said,"that's not fair!! i wasn't ready!!" he shrugged and said,"that sounds like a personal problem, y/n." you laughed and he did too.

the ride ended and both of you got out of the cars. you walked and chatted for a while. you both had a lot in common. "hey y/n. do you wanna go on the ferris wheel?" he asked you. "oh my gosh. hell yeah!!" you screamed.

"race ya!!" he said as he ran towards the ferris wheel. you ran too, finally catching up to him and beating him to the ride. you both got into a cart and the ride started. you stared down at all the people on the ground.

you tried to see if you could spot emely. but there were too many people with black hair in the world. you looked back at finn and saw him smiling at you. you smiled back and said,"what?" he shrugged his shoulders,"what?" you shook your head and said,"you're staring at me like i'm a chicken with two heads."

"well it's not my fault that you're beautiful," he said. you felt your cheeks heat up and blush creep onto your face. you smiled and him and he smiled and you. you leaned in and he did too. you were about to kiss when the ride stopped. you realized that the ride was over.

you got out of the cart and so did finn. you looked at your phone and realized it was almost 3:30. "shit," you muttered softly. "what happened?" finn asked you. "my mom said she'd be here to pick me up by 3:30. and i still have to find emely," you said.

"well if you came here with emely, she'd know that your mom would be here by 3:30. so she'd be at the front of the carnival," he said. you smiled and said,"you're so right. c'mon we have to find her." you grabbed finns hand and pulled him towards the front of the festival.

you spotted emely leaning against the side of the ticket booth, looking really pissed. you looked back at finn and said,"i have to go." he looked at you, a bit sad. "can i get your number?" he asked. you nodded and handed him your phone. he handed his to you too. you put your number in his phone.

you have each other your phones back. you looked up at him and said,"goodbye finn." you turned around and walked away slowly. he turned around about to walk away, but then looked back at you. "wait y/n!!" you turned around and saw finn running towards you.

when he got to you he smashed his lips on yours. you smiled into the kiss. you kissed for a couple of seconds but then you pulled away. "i really like you, y/n," he said. you smiled and said,"i really like you too, finn." you heard your name being called, knowing it was emely. "see you later finn," you said as you walked off towards emely.
~~~~~~~~~~
finally i updated XD hope you guys enjoyed this. please remember to request. you can comment or dm me. till next time!!❤️😚