An Unfortunate Meeting

The Golden Lion suddenly broke through the skies as it's enormous head spewed fire in all directions upon the little houses that lined the narrow streets below spilling it's terrified inhabitants out into the open to run for their lives.  Women screamed in terror as they tightly held their sobbing children to their breasts, their feet carrying them as fast as they could to an escape route that didn't exist.  Men too fled the fiery inferno that had descended on their small town as they too sought refuge among the women and children, and with no thought to anyone elses safety, many were trampled as they all fled amid the confusion. 

Above them, war was raging in full force, as The Black Dragon also erupted from the clouds above them all.  And as the two collided, fire lit up the skies and scorched the land as they fought to tear each other apart.  And as The Dragons teeth tore into the Lions very neck, hell fire and blood exploded upon the fleeing Mortals below, killing and maiming hundreds, both oblivious to the destruction they were wrecking on the lives below them.

She too was running, the noise of the battle was so terrifying, she left her little business as panic swept through the township, herding the innocent into a nearby forest where the caves would protect them.  With so many injured, she knew the death toll would be high, the price they had to pay for their innocence among Immortal Gods who cared nothing for their minuscule lives.  

Now angered beyond measure, she too took to the skies to bring an end to their furious battle, that wrecked insurmountable damage among the people she had grown to love.  People she had sworn silently to protect and as she rose higher, her anger turned to fury as their forms  came into view and with that,  her disguise lifted and her sword came out.

With a devastating thrust, she unleashed a terrifying surge of lightening that tore through the two feuding Gods with such ferocity, both of them were violently ripped from the Heavens and sent crashing into the forest below, the force of their fall bringing even more horror to its fleeing inhabitants as the trees gave way under their flailing injured bodies, both of them momentarily rendered incapable of moving.

Under the rubble of the scorched land and burning trees, The Dragon roared in fury.  He could not risk being in his true form for too long, especially here in the Mortal Realm.  Whatever had ripped him from the skies was powerful, too powerful and being in the open, meant he was vulnerable, but he had a duty to complete.  Moving stealthily, his eyes scanned the forest floor for his prey.  He could smell him, the sickly stench of his hell fire was near and even though the energy was weak, his prey was on the move.  Immediately, The Dragon  gave chase.

He hadn't gotten far when suddenly the whole forest exploded.  Hundreds of terrified Mortals flew past him as hell fire ravaged through the tree tops and lightening strikes tore open the skies above him.  Running forward, his teeth bared, he immediately saw what had set the Mortals running.  The Golden Lion  was in full battle with an exceptionally beautiful Immortal, and her raging energy was tearing the last of his breath from his body.  Within minutes it was over as the Lions mangled carcass descended in a distorted heap among the destruction of a once beautiful forest below.

Before he could even comprehend what had happened, his whole body was suddenly enveloped in a thick barrier and his Dragon Form ripped from the forest floor and up into the sky with such force, he barely knew what had happened until he was face to face with her.

Breathing heavily, her sword facing directly at him, she slowly circled his form until she was once again face to face with him. "A Celestial Dragon." she scoffed loudly into his face.  "Tell me Celestial, who do you think you are?"  She blasted him with such anger, he could feel the fury of her energy storming about him, as her sword lowered to guide his gaze to the destroyed township and nearby forest below.