Memories

As promised, Jie arrived just after dawn on a snow white horse.  Ai was already waiting at entrance when he arrived and smiled brightly at the sight of the the two of them.  Not many people owned a horse, so she was quite surprised to see it, which had her realizing that Jie was wealthy, though he did not flaunt it.

"Where do you keep your horse Jie? she asked, the tavern he was staying at did not have a stable.

"I hire space at a nearby stud farm." he told her.  "Though I do intend to keep a few more once my home is built." he added.  Horses had always been a part of his life, and they are loyal and hardy animals that did not need too much care.

Jumping down, he helped her up onto his back.  Having ridden a horse only a few times, she wasn't overly confident, but when Jie jumped up behind her and drew her closer to him, she immediately felt safe.  Turning her head to look up at him, he smiled back down at her, and with such a soft gaze, she felt herself move in closer to him as he aimed the horse in the right direction, and set off.

The ride was an hour away, so they took their time, stopping now and then to view the mountain ranges and valleys that had yet to hold life, and with the sun shining brightly and only a light breeze  blowing about their face, they both felt at peace in each others company.

Turning her head lightly, Ai rested her head against his chest as her eyes slowly took in his features.  Jie, though not overly handsome by Mortal Realm standards, he had a strong manly face.  Wide eyes and a strong sharp nose that gave his face a regal feel, and with full plump lips, that she could still feel from his kiss the night before, had her reaching her hand around his waist to bring herself closer into him.  His hair was long, which he wore out and with a small well kept beard, she thought he was the most handsome man in the world.  

Not realizing that Jie was fully aware of her gaze, he smiled softly to himself.  He too was stealing glances at her.  A small woman, with a petite frame, she was very lovely to look upon.  Somewhat delicate, her eyes were large and when the sun hit them, the honey brown tones streaked with red and yellow, giving her an almost unworldly glare and with the prettiest pouty lips, Jie thought she was beautiful. Lowering his head, he kissed her lightly on her head as he smiled down at her.  Pulling her even closer, she rested against him as he led the horse forward.

"Jie?" she said softly against him.

Looking down again, he lightly brushed away stray hair from her face with a questioning smile.

"I want to help you build your home." she said before sitting up and facing him, fully expecting him to decline her.  A construction site was no place for a woman in the Mortal Realm, and her presence would be frowned upon.

Chuckling lightly, Jie looked at her in awe.  That she would want to help him, knowing the men would not be happy to have her on a construction site, impressed him.  Not many women would put themselves in a position where they would be ridiculed, but this was exactly what he loved about her.  She did as she pleased and cared nothing for the consequences, but always with and air of grace and dignity.  He knew then and there, that this woman would be more than just a close friend.

"Ai.  I would be honored to accept your assistance." he said, and before he could say another word, both hands wrapped themselves about his waist and her deeply blushing cheeks hid themselves among his robes, as she shyly hid her face away from him.

Laughing heartily at her maiden shyness, he brought the horse to a standstill and brought them both off its back in one swift move, then drawing her into his arms, he kissed her, deeply and passionately.  Buckling beneath his strong embrace, her heart racing and her breath hard against his,  Ai gave herself fully to his passion, and that moment, she would have allowed him to do anything to her, she did not want it to end.