Home.

Having decided to court Ai, Mo Yuan began to seriously consider purchasing a Mortal Realm property, one she could visit freely, as the Tavern he was staying in, was strictly for men, and any women that did visit, were not the kind one would want to court.

And with only a few weeks left before the school was finished, Mo Yuan began to scout the outer areas of the small town for a rural property, he wanted land and a view of the ocean which wasn't too far away.  And it was while he away, that Ai turned up at the construction site looking for him.  

Having also decided that she would pursue more than just friendship with Jie, and with a plan in mind as to how it would work, she had hoped to talk to him outside of their normal meal time.  However finding him away, she decided to help the young boys clean up the site before her girls arrived with the last meal of the day.

It was obvious to the young men that their overseer and Ais friendship was growing, and having her there suddenly had them wanting desperately to make her feel welcome and comfortable.  No other woman would have been allowed on the scaffolding, that when she began to climb to assist them with the clean up, they were all unsure of what to do.  If she hurt herself, they would all be deep trouble with Jie, but she was their overseers woman, one who also gained their respect just by being associated with him.  In the end, they left her to do as she pleased, but they kept a close eye on her to ensure she did not get hurt.

It was a pleasant afternoon, and many of the young men who had desired her before Jie came along, now saw her as a mother, one they looked up to as much as they looked up to Jie.  She didn't know it then, but every single one of these boys would become as close as family to them both, and they to them.  

And it was as she was helping them to clear away the site for the following day, that Ai began to seriously consider what it would mean for both her and Jie if their relationship was to grow beyond that of a mere couple.  Would it lead to marriage?  This was a serious thought that needed serious consideration, because as a Mortal, Jie would age, he would grow old.  And what about children?  Would it be fair to bring a child into the world?  And how would she explain it to her family?  To Mo Yuan?

Deciding then and there, that there would be no children, she began to think of a way around the aging process.  Having seen many of her friends age over the years, she suddenly realized she herself had not and it was a thought that immediately had her going through her magical skills to get around it.  The body she was using was merely a disguise, and the magic needed to hide it was just enough to go undetected, but to age the body would require even more energy, which would be discernible to her family should they come looking for her. And even though they knew she was in the Mortal Realm, they did not know her disguise or her exact whereabouts.  Deciding in the end, the risk was worth keeping Jie at her side, she would use just enough energy to age herself.

_______________________________________________________

Having found a suitable area for a home, Mo Yuan began to plan his next move with Ai.  Having decided to pursue her regardless of an impending marriage to Bai Qian, his time with Ai, though short compared to the Immortal world, would be a life time of memories and love that he would cherish for the rest of his days.

And he too began to think seriously of what that would mean for him when Ai began to age, he too would also have to age his disguise which was not a problem, except for the fact that it would take extra energy which he knew would be noticeable to all Immortals visiting the Mortal Realm, and being The War God, he was not meant to be there, his energy was too well known being more powerful than most.  But in the end, for her love, it was a risk he was willing to take.

So heading back to the construction site to oversee the end of the day and to see Ai when she arrived with the last meal of the day, he was pleasantly surprised to see she was already there waiting for him.