Blue Belt Vine

"Come again?" Zhe Yan asked disbelievingly as Bai Zhen watched on just as shocked.

"You're going to break my legs Zhe Yan.  Well maybe not both of them, but one of them at least" he smiled brightly, something neither men were still not used to seeing, but unable to comprehend his request which completely overrode the smile, he could only stare at him open mouthed and wide eyed.

Suddenly Zhe Yan snapped.  "Have you lost your damn mind Mo Yuan?  Did you fall off your horse and hit that dense brain of yours?" he asked incredulously, looking between Mo Yuan and Bai Zhen and back to Mo Yuan.  "Why would I break your legs?" he added now suddenly afraid of what he was planning.

"I plan on having some fun with my wife." he said suddenly erupting into gales of laughter a sound neither man had heard before, it almost sounded as if he were choking, that both men took a hesitant step forward.

"But not here." he added with a wink.  We're going back to the house Chang Li."  Then after a some thought he once again turned to Zhe Yan.  "And you're going to show me which plant she is growing that shouldn't be growing here, the one she used to make the amnesia potion." he said before returning to his Mortal form and closing down his energy, then nodding at Bai Zhen to do the same, they watched as Zhe Yan once again put himself behind a barrier.  "If it's an immortal Realm plant it will be one the horses will automatically react to." he said smiling, as what he was planning finally dawned on the both of them.

"Oh Mo Yuan, you are wicked, I never would have thought you'd have it in you!  Are you sure you not really Demon?" he asked laughing as they all set off back to the house. 

On arrival to the small path that lead upwards, he gave one last instruction to Zhe Yan.  Giving him his own small white soft cloth that he always carried in his pocket, he told him to go ahead and find the plant, then lay it on top so he could identify it when they arrived.  "Don't forget to stay back from the horses Zhe Yan, they will feel your energy, with or without a barrier." he reminded him.

________________________________________________________

"Jie, is everything alright?" Ai asked softly as the men entered the house and sat down.  

"Yes, everything is fine Ai, I'm going to take Chang Li for a ride on the horses, he hasn't ridden one for a while, so wanted to get a feel for one again." he said just as softly smiling up at her, as he pulled his shoes off and pulled on his heavy riding boots, keeping his expressions and body gestures the same as they had always been.

Reaching up to tenderly stroke her soft cheeks, Jie smiled warmly at her as she lay a full tray of refreshments and fresh tea before them.  "Don't worry Ai, we won't be gone long, but Chang Li will stay the night before heading off in the morning." he told her lightly taking her hand and giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Alright, but eat first, you haven't eaten all day  Jie, and you also need to rest, you've barely slept." She added, not caring if her comment might offend their guest, the same one who had kept him up all night, but smiling lightly at Chang Li, he nodded at her.

"My apologize Ai, perhaps we could leave this for another day Jie." he suggested politely but not really wanting to.  What Mo Yuan had planned was just too good to leave for another day.

Shaking his head adamantly, Jie picked up his tea and a small cake.  "No, there won't be time tomorrow, you have a house to buy." he said smiling into his tea cup while Bai Zhen tried his best to hide his shock, but playing along, he smiled before placing a whole piece of cake into his mouth so he wouldn't have to reply.

"Oh?  You're buying a property Chang Li? Perhaps I can help you.  I used to run a business in town so I know many of the property sellers." Ai informed him smiling, causing Bai Zhen to almost choke on the cake in his mouth.