The Count Down Begins

Opening his eyes, Tai squinted painfully as the rain pelted down heavily upon his exposed face.  It took every ounce of his energy just to raise his head from where he was lying, and as he looked about at his surroundings, his mind tried to piece together the events that led him to be lying near naked in a small clearing under a thick mass of swirling clouds.

Vague images of the men, his horse and a beating swirled through his head as he pushed the upper half of his body up until he was sitting.  And though sore, having looked down and about his body, he didn't seem to have any serious injuries, though going by the pain in his head and face, he could only imagine what he might look like.

But no sooner had he tried to stand, than he screamed out, as pain raked his leg, the sudden sharp burst almost made him faint, but the heavy spray of the rain on his face, kept his mind clear, as he promptly sat back down.

Pulling up the legging of his pants which he now noticed were torn through and blood stained, he gasped.  A deep cut ran the full length of his leg, from his thigh to his ankle and though it was no longer bleeding, the dull throb beneath the cut and the discoloration suggested it was infected, and that meant, he had been there for some time.  Suddenly he began to cry.  Looking around, he had no idea where he was, where his horse was, or how he was going to get home, when he couldn't even stand.  But what he did know, was he could not sit in the middle of nowhere.  There wasn't even a visible path where he was, so no one was likely to stumble on him either.

He had no choice, but to try and make his way home or at least to the small township knowing from there he could hope to meet up with some of the bidders from the auction who knew him and his father.  So forcing himself to his left leg, he very slowly and painfully pushed himself forward to a what looked to be chimney smoke off in the near distance.

_____________________________________________________

Having spent a leisurely day and night with Mo Yuan, getting to know him and he her, she knew she could not stay any longer,  it was more than enough and she insisted she leave.  "I need to return to the Peach Grove for the Contraceptive Peaches Mo Yuan, I cannot allow myself to become pregnant." she informed him as she rose to dress herself.  "There will be an eternity for us to have our own children." she said lightly as she prepared herself and Mo Yuan rose.

"Yes, I understand." he said, and he did, in their Mortal Forms, they were well past the age of conceiving, it would raise far too many questions.  "Will you meet with me again?" he asked as he too dressed himself.  They had spent the whole day and night making love and it was more than he could have hoped for, the woman was insatiable, aggressive and highly experienced, he just couldn't understand why she held herself back in her Mortal form, when they were married, it wasn't necessary, he thought to himself.  

Though he couldn't help but wonder who she may have had in her Immortal form.  That Ai was a virgin did not necessarily mean she had been one in her true form and that thought suddenly had him feeling very jealous. Did she have a lover there too? 

"No Mo Yuan.  I will not be see you again until our official meeting.  It is bad enough that we have been unfaithful to our Mortal partners, but to be meeting each other in our own world with the intention of marrying while still holding down a partner and children, is even worse.  I know it cannot be helped, but it is the path we both chose for ourselves, so with that in mind, I will see you again in just over a years time." Then suddenly raising her brows at him as she put on her shoes.

"Mo Yuan, are you not happy in your marriage?" she asked suddenly, because having come looking for her, she wondered if perhaps his marriage was not to his liking.

Mo Yuan thought long and hard before he answered her.  How could he tell her, that he wanted more than a demure and domesticated wife, one who held back from their marriage,  who had so much more to give, yet insisted on remaining meek and bashful, which he did love about her, but the spark, the passion and the fire that she offered only as Bai Qian, was what he wanted.  And though he loved her as Ai very much, and would do everything in the world for her, he wanted everything she had within her to give.  Because he had given everything of himself, she would be marrying Jie or Mo Yuan, both were the same regardless of their appearance or true identity.