The Past Returns

"Tai?" Ai asked, as her head went back to look at the boy that was clinging desperately to her body.  "What did you say?"

His hand was still shaking at the air in front of him but his eyes though bruised and swollen, were full of fire and loathing, and the grimace on his face which was now showing his bared teeth, had her also lightly shaking.

"He is the Dragon mother.  I saw him in the forest before he changed into the Dragon.  Both Meili and I were there, and we saw him." he said as his hands clenched tightly.  

Suddenly her mind emptied.  Not a single thought passed through her head as she forced the boy from her body and turned to faced Mo Yuan, who was now looking at Tai in shock.  "You had best leave." she said very softly, but the pain and anger in her eyes were enough for Mo Yuan to know, this was not the time to be discussing that day.

 Bowing slowly, he nodded, but looking once more at Tai he could not help but offer some words of comfort, after all their children had suffered so much, and even now, going by the state he was in, they were still suffering.  "I am sorry." he said softly as his hands came up to bow at him. And he truly was.  The pain in the boys eyes hurt him deeply, a pain he felt he could never heal no matter how much of himself he gave or how many years were to pass.

Pulling Tai back into her arms, she forced the boys head down into her shoulder before her shaking body turned slightly to address him.  "Do not talk to my son, you have no right to talk to either of my children, I suggest you leave right now before I kill you myself." she said softly.  Every bone in her body was aching to tear his eyes from his face and rip open his throat right there and then, but only hundreds of years of self control held her back.  Though if Tai had not been with her and in need of urgent care, she may well have done just that.

And Mo Yuan could clearly see those thoughts in her eyes as she moved to turn herself away from him.  Never in all the thousands of years he had lived, had he ever felt so helpless, he had no words for either of them and no idea how to mend his sons broken heart or the hatred that had boiled below the surface.  He had done everything in his power to bring some measure of safety and comfort to their children, but he had no idea how to mend this.  But he would go, because she was right.  As Mo Yuan, he had no right to even look at either children.

Bowing low one last time he turned his back on them.  "I hope that we can talk about what happened, I have tried my very best to correct the mistakes I have made, I can only hope you will allow me an opportunity to explain this to you." he said softly as he instantly disappeared causing several people who had been passing by to notice.

The screaming, running and panic that followed, had Ai quickly moving Tai out of the way, as the people around them began to draw weapons.  They themselves were in no danger as many of the towns folk had not actually seen what had occurred, but panic breeds panic, and with that in mind, she forced Tai to walk so they could put some distance between themselves and the melee that was brewing up around them. For an Immortal to so brazenly appear before them was against the laws of the Immortal world, but to use magic in front of them was punishable.

She knew it wouldn't last long, not when most of them had no idea what they were panicking about, but for her sons safety, she kept him moving until they were well and truly out of harms way.

_______________________________________________________

Three Days Later.

Tai, lay in his bed, while his sister fussed endlessly over him.  The moment they had arrived, her tears had started and yet, three days later she was still crying over him.  And nor did the questions stop.  He had explained what he had happened numerous times, but no matter what he said to ease her tears, she wouldn't stop, that in the end, he had to threaten her.