Peaches

After Jie left, Ai lay in bed thinking over the amazing events of the day.  As a child, no one would have dared to have strike her, they would not have lived another minute if they had.  She had been pampered her whole life and allowed to voice her opinions openly and without restraint. 

 So to be suddenly spanked had her mind in a daze, but not in a bad way.  For some reason and unable to explain it, she had felt an overwhelming feeling of comfort.  It was the strangest emotion to have, considering she was a High Goddess, with immeasurable power, but Jies strong stand against her actually made her feel more worthy and precious than any amount of power or magic she could possibly own. 

 She suddenly felt loved, wanted and adored enough that he would use such an extreme measure to stop her from hurting herself, and she also knew, that had he known her true identity and what she was capable of,  he would have still spanked her regardless. 

But these thoughts did not linger long as a much more important one began to take over her mind.   She was getting married!  The thought of marriage to Jie, a mere dream only yesterday was suddenly a reality today, she could not contain the mile wide smile that was plastered across her face.  Though happy beyond words, she could not help but feel a sadness that her family would not be there for her special day.  But that feeling did not last long, if they knew about Jie and what she was planning to do with him, they would drag her back to Qing Qiu and lock her up.

But an even more serious thought arose.  Though she was still pure, Jie would consummate their wedding night and that brought on a fear of children.  Something she could not allow.  But she did have three days spare, it would be enough time for her to quickly return to the Peach Tree Grove.  She had no intention of bearing children in this form, not when she had to eventually return to Immortality and take Mo Yuan as her husband and a child would put that marriage at jeopardy and her fathers wrath was stronger and more powerful than her desire to cancel her marriage arrangement.  Because she knew, this would be one time, he would truly lose his temper with her, and having seen others wilt under his glare alone, she did not want to test it.

Rising she quickly prepared herself.  If she left now, she would get there in time to avoid Zhe Yan and Bai Zhen who would be asleep.  Lowering her barrier, her true form along with her full powers erupted.  Without a look back, she left for home.

_____________________________________________________________

Jie rode back slowly.  He was so lost in thought that several times he had brought his horse to a stand still without realizing it, forcing himself forward each time he returned to the present.  In the end, he pulled his horse towards a small hill and jumped down to walk around.  He felt much more comfortable thinking when he was pacing and if his horse could get dizzy with his pacing, it would have.

He was getting married!  That thought alone had him smiling so widely he thought his face might break.  And even though only an hour ago, they had been fighting,  their very first fight, he could not focus on anything else other than Ai and a full Mortal Realm life with her at his side.

His beautiful Ai would live with him in the home he was building for the two of them and the urgency to finish it quickly had him thinking of hiring more men to have it finished within a month.  It would be a huge undertaking but it could be done and Ais home could be their town home which she could keep as a place to stay whenever they visited town and didn't want to return straight away.

  And as his mind moved towards a fast approaching future, his mind too went to the possibility of children and though he would love to bless her with a child, he knew it would be unfair on the child as he would not stay for them or their grandchildren once Ai died.  He had to find a way to prevent her from getting pregnant, without her knowing.