Days of Ease 2.

1 week later.

Having spent the week under a cloud of medicated confusion, Jie's mind was slowly coming back to him, now that Ai had eased up on the strong pain relief that had sent his aching body to sleep away the initial days of his healing.

Now no longer needing the pain relief at all, he merely needed to rest.  Her balm that she had made herself, had already healed his minor bruising and scrapes, and with her own advanced bone healing technique that she had devised herself, his leg too would be healed within at least 3 to 4 weeks, though she would monitor his movements and stress that he put on his body, not allowing him to even sit up.

Having already fed him his breakfast herself, she had left him to this thoughts while she tended to the multitude of tasks that awaited her, one of which was the promise of a sitting for Meilis Portrait which the child was painting each member individually.  And having already dressed herself in her nicest dress, with her hair done the way Jie liked it, she had left their chamber happy for the first time since his accident, while Jie was left to himself.

Since finding out her true identity, he had barely spoken a word to her, she instead did all the talking, though he suspected it was to prevent him from speaking, she was not ready for any kind of in-depth conversation with him, preferring to keep her non stop chatter to trivial matters.  He knew she was feeling guilty, though he had tried to still it, instead suggesting it was his own fault for leaving the whip behind, if had taken it, he could have controlled the horse.  Of course he knew it would have made no difference if he had the whip or not, but he was feeling a little guilty, though it didn't last long.

Now that Jie had an idea of the kind of mind and energy that Bai Qian possessed, he decided to see how far he could go with it before she lost it, because only once in their shared lives had he ever witnessed the powerful Goddess within her.  This was what he wanted to feel, to see come out of her, because only when one was truly pushed to their limit, did their full potential erupt, and as much as he loved her demure ways and shy blushes, the small amount of Bai Qian that he had felt was in there somewhere.

That she had never shown him that side of herself had him wondering why.  There had been no need for her to hide away her true demeanor once they were married, even a small amount of it, but she had never shown that seductive, highly erotic, dangerous and even mischievous side that he would have taken in an instant had she not disappeared on him in the forest with the contraceptive peaches, a part of her that lit a fire so deep within him that he desperately wanted to feel it again and again, every day of their Mortal life, before he took her Immortal one, and the only way to bring that out of her, was through pressure, to force it out through not only compressed tension but also restraint.  To give but also withhold until she was forced to take. And the only way that was going to happen was to empower her by weakening himself.

And that had him thinking of their own children.  Now that he knew who she really was, there was no need for the contraceptive potion she was secretly taking, a potion he recognized immediately but had assumed she had made it from her many herbs in their garden.  Because he too had not wanted children from their Mortal marriage, he had not bothered to question her over it, though he had wondered why.  And now that he knew what she was, he would deal with her potion too when the time was right.

Though much of what he had planned for her, would have to wait until he could move more freely, in the meantime, he wanted to test her patience, which at the moment she seemed to have an abundance of, though he knew everyone had a limit.  How far hers would stretch already had him wondering just how much strength the woman possessed.  So far he had her doing all of his work, as well as dealing with her incapable brother which he knew was testing her mentally and physically, but she did not once complain, and nor did she shirk away from what needed to be accomplished, but he knew eventually the time would come when she would snap.